Rangers are Rocking; Scottys Financial insight inside. - Page 536 - Football related - Discussion of non TA football - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Rangers are Rocking; Scottys Financial insight inside.

Speirs  

64 members have voted

1. 1. Was Speirs talking the truth or lying

• Yes
    • No

This poll is closed to new votes

2 hours ago, stirlish said:

that's a good business model. "let's just aim to lose less money than Celtic."

I would imagine that Celtic have suitable funds to ride out some losses, rangers on the other hand....

The source is the "Ibrox news", next article is about straw clutchin

2 hours ago, Rolling hIlls said:

Dream on.  The facts are in every paper.  But keep dreaming.  I do miss the Bile on here though.Where are those old Dons lads that used to come on here with the Bile?  nowheretobeseen.com?

Not dreaming and never read the article. Read your post then seen the link was from Ibrox News and thought to myself that will be balanced! If it is indeed published in every paper then I am sure I will catch the article somewhere else. 👍

16 hours ago, Rolling hIlls said:

I am sure we will all be congratulating the famous Glasgow Rangers on the success for Scottish Football tonight.  Stand on.

Congratulations to Glasgow Rangers on its success for Glasgow Rangers last night. They have shown good consistency in Europe to follow up last season's showing in the same competition. This notion that it benefits Scottish fitba as a whole though has to stop. Glasgow Rangers is in the business of benefiting Glasgow Rangers - nothing wrong with that but that's as far as it goes. Yes the co-efficient for Scottish clubs improves but sadly, in this country, that only benefits Glasgow Rangers and their chums from across that city.

Again as I said fair play on the achievement but less of the "success for Scottish football" rhetoric please. In fact if one wanted to take you to task over that statement the question could be asked how many players eligible for the national team took the field for Glasgow Rangers last night? I'll save you from checking - the answer is zero.

1 hour ago, morrie21 said:

Congratulations to Glasgow Rangers on its success for Glasgow Rangers last night. They have shown good consistency in Europe to follow up last season's showing in the same competition. This notion that it benefits Scottish fitba as a whole though has to stop. Glasgow Rangers is in the business of benefiting Glasgow Rangers - nothing wrong with that but that's as far as it goes. Yes the co-efficient for Scottish clubs improves but sadly, in this country, that only benefits Glasgow Rangers and their chums from across that city.

Again as I said fair play on the achievement but less of the "success for Scottish football" rhetoric please. In fact if one wanted to take you to task over that statement the question could be asked how many players eligible for the national team took the field for Glasgow Rangers last night? I'll save you from checking - the answer is zero.

Do other Scottish clubs not get money from UEFA or SFA because of the success?  I thought they did but might be mistaken.

3 hours ago, Rolling hIlls said:

Do other Scottish clubs not get money from UEFA or SFA because of the success?  I thought they did but might be mistaken.

I don't think they do or if they do it will be tiny amounts.

In saying that as I said in another post thanks to rangers and Celtics European runs we are back in the top 14 and due to the new european competition. whoever wins the Scottish cup or finishes third if (Rangers/Celtic win the Scottish cup) is guaranteed group stage football. They go into the Europa League playoff so either Europa League or conference group stages. With prize money, TV money, 10 year coefficient payment and covid permitting 20000 fans at £25-£30 a ticket in gate money.

You could be talking £4-6 million when you add it all up. That's a great deal of money for an Aberdeen/Hibs and game changing money for every other team.

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 3 months later...
41 minutes ago, Scotty CTA said:

Newcastle United and Castore announce new multi-year partnership.

Sevco will be Mike Ashley's bitches for years. :wave:

I heard we're tied to him for 219 years.   

1 hour ago, Scotty CTA said:

Newcastle United and Castore announce new multi-year partnership.

Sevco will be Mike Ashley's bitches for years. :wave:

The same Ashley the has spent six figures over the last 18 months trying to push the government to sign off on his sale of Newcastle?

hmmm.

I'm not really sure which parable to quote here.

Supposed they all fly over your head anyway.

• 4 weeks later...

Only a pre season friendly but thought it was worth noting that Rangers beat Real Madrid today!!

If nothing else it’ll give the resident dandies the opportunity to remind us they beat them in a real game! 

Edited by Fairbairn

7 minutes ago, Fairbairn said:

Only a pre season friendly but thought it was worth noting that Rangers beat Real Madrid today!!

If nothing else it’ll give the resident dandies the opportunity to remind us they beat them in a real game! 

That’ll be another star on their shirts then 😜

13 hours ago, Fairbairn said:

😂😂

We were the last team to beat them in a European final actually, we must’ve really pissed them off by winning 😂😂😂