Rangers are Rocking; Scottys Financial insight inside. - Page 529 - Football related - Discussion of non TA football - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Rangers are Rocking; Scottys Financial insight inside.

Speirs  

64 members have voted

1. 1. Was Speirs talking the truth or lying

• Yes
    • No

This poll is closed to new votes

6 minutes ago, Rolling hIlls said:

Told you all before that rangers would be back. You had a great time as lawyers and laughing. Now Rangers are back where we belong and going to extend our world record. Read it and weep kids.

I feel sorry for the guys on here that thought rangers were dead. It must be upsetting. Stand on.

12 minutes ago, aaid said:

Always found it best to wait until the end of the season when the prizes are given out before giving it the big one, but then maybe that’s just me. 

Agree mate.  But would you agree that Rangers are not in crisis anymore?  Scotty will be looking through the books at the moment probably 😀

3 minutes ago, Rolling hIlls said:

It amazes me how whenever a poppy is shown to remember the fallen of the boys and men that let us live as we are just now upsets people.  A simple flower to remember the Scots that fought and died protecting our wee country against evil.  But each to their own.

It's been hijacked for political reasons and to encourage teenagers who failed their exams to become cannon fodder. One day we will have to move on.

I also refuse to remember the scum (especially the Scots ones) who killed, imprisoned, tortured, robbed and raped unarmed civilians in Africa, Asia and Ireland during the twentieth century as "heroes".

3 minutes ago, ErsatzThistle said:

It's been hijacked for political reasons and to encourage teenagers who failed their exams to become cannon fodder. One day we will have to move on.

I also refuse to remember the scum (especially the Scots ones) who killed, imprisoned, tortured, robbed and raped unarmed civilians in Africa, Asia and Ireland during the twentieth century as "heroes".

As I said  Each to their own.  But I will remember the Scots who liberated France.  You remember you version.

59 minutes ago, vanderark14 said:

Youll get some serious staunch points. Well done

I have family who were killed in ww1 and ww2.  Last one was at Scapa Flow when a German U boat torpedoed the Royal Oak and 833 men died.  The captain, Hanz Schein met Hitler in Hamburg when he returned and received the Iron Cross.  So forgive me if I buy a  poppy and remember.

5 hours ago, Rolling hIlls said:

Each to their own Kirk.  Each to their own.  If Adidas brought out a pair Green White and Gold with Shamrocks????  Each to their own.

Since i hate all the irish pish and am not a celtic fan they would probably be ugly as fuck too. the adidas saltire trainers are also horrid so weesht your assuming wee heid.

5 hours ago, ErsatzThistle said:

Andy Halliday has bought six pairs already to demonstrate his loyalty to the crown and the empire,

Stauch as fuck haha

5 hours ago, Rolling hIlls said:

It amazes me how whenever a poppy is shown to remember the fallen of the boys and men that let us live as we are just now upsets people.  A simple flower to remember the Scots that fought and died protecting our wee country against evil.  But each to their own.

We all know the poppy is politicised to fuck now, it's a nonsense and the same shitey point scoring debates come up every year.

36 minutes ago, Rolling hIlls said:

I have family who were killed in ww1 and ww2.  Last one was at Scapa Flow when a German U boat torpedoed the Royal Oak and 833 men died.  The captain, Hanz Schein met Hitler in Hamburg when he returned and received the Iron Cross.  So forgive me if I buy a  poppy and remember.

Im sure most people HAD family that were killed or involved in the wars. Can you not remember without a poppy? 

Edit to add that Hanz Schein doesnt seem to be the lad who did the deed

Edited by Kirk

3 minutes ago, Kirk said:

Since i hate all the irish pish and am not a celtic fan they would probably be ugly as fuck too. the adidas saltire trainers are also horrid so weesht your assuming wee heid.

Stauch as fuck haha

We all know the poppy is politicised to fuck now, it's a nonsense and the same shitey point scoring debates come up every year.

Im sure most people HAD family that were killed or involved in the wars. Can you not remember without a poppy? 

It wasnt me that brought it up.  But in answer to your question the answer is that because of those people fought and died for our freedom.  I will wear a poppy.  And nothing to do with football or bigotry.  We are lucky to have that choice.

1 hour ago, Kirk said:

Stauch as fuck haha

Edit to add that Hanz Schein doesnt seem to be the lad who did the deed

its not about remembering anymore, its about who's the best at remembering and nobody remembers as good as ra peepul

8 hours ago, Rolling hIlls said:

It's as simple as that really. I'm no lover of the establishment but damned if I am going to get upset over folk wearing poppies.

8 hours ago, ErsatzThistle said:

I grew up thinking it was about both world wars and those who lost their lives. Nowadays theres too much point scoring and the meaning of it is lost. 

2 hours ago, vanderark14 said:

I grew up thinking it was about both world wars and those who lost their lives. Nowadays theres too much point scoring and the meaning of it is lost. 

Absolutely. We used to wear a poppy the week leading up to remembrance Sunday. That seemed pretty respectful. Sad what it's turned into. 

2 hours ago, vanderark14 said:

It aint point scoring with me kid.  Until the day I die I will remember those young men that laid down their lives for us to have a free country.  As far as I am concerned the best wee country in the world.  But I have my views on the first and second world wars.  You have yours and that is ok.  The guy that brought this up in the first place has different views towards Scottish soldiers who stood and died against Hitler.  But that is his view.  A bigoted one.

4 hours ago, vanderark14 said:

its not about remembering anymore, its about who's the best at remembering and nobody remembers as good as ra peepul

Think they will still fire a cannon and have folk coming down from the roof?