Rangers are Rocking; Scottys Financial insight inside. - Page 526 - Football related - Discussion of non TA football - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Rangers are Rocking; Scottys Financial insight inside.

Speirs  

64 members have voted

1. 1. Was Speirs talking the truth or lying

• Yes
    • No

This poll is closed to new votes

I can't remember. But there was I think a significant gap between this Johnnie x's resurrection thread and the original getting shut down as well.

Look at the dates... Rangers had been dead for years before this thread. So where are the original threads from when RFC did die. This thread is years after the fact.

The folk who own(ed) this board were so short sighted. If they had maintained all the archives during all its glory years instead of aggressively deleting them this place would be worth so much more. 

Now it is worth fuck all.

Edited by thplinth

1 hour ago, thplinth said:

I can't remember. But there was I think a significant gap between this Johnnie x's resurrection thread and the original getting shut down as well.

Look at the dates... Rangers had been dead for years before this thread. So where are the original threads from when RFC did die. This thread is years after the fact.

The folk who own(ed) this board were so short sighted. If they had maintained all the archives during all its glory years instead of aggressively deleting them this place would be worth so much more. 

Now it is worth fuck all.

I remember you predicting what could or would happen to Rangers well before it happened. A lot of people on here in total denial at the time, none still on here now I don’t think. It would be really interesting to read that whole piece back knowing what we know now.

Are you sure it’s been deleted? Why was that? A space saving exercise?

7 hours ago, thplinth said:

We did for 6 years after you started it and then some hun lovin mod abused their power (for the second time) to change the title to something the complete opposite while leaving your name on it.

It seems many are finally coming round. 

7 hours ago, sbcmfc said:

I believe the original was called

”STV reporting rangers in administration” or similar?

I remember, because I’m obsessed. 😜

We are all obsessed.😂😂

It was arguay the biggest story in scottish football history but the rangers fans on here then and now just couldnt handle it. After years of lording it over scottish football they couldnt cope with not winning and being the source of laughter in scottish football

2 hours ago, vanderark14 said:

We are all obsessed.😂😂

It was arguay the biggest story in scottish football history but the rangers fans on here then and now just couldnt handle it. After years of lording it over scottish football they couldnt cope with not winning and being the source of laughter in scottish football

Shed TA was a good poster on other threads at the time but he was one of the ones who, a bit like Scotty, seemed to exclusively post about Rangers for a long, long time.

I believe this thread has contributed well over six years to the Board.  From Rangers going down on their knees and slowly rising back up has been fascinating.  Some really good posters who instantly became corporate lawyers with a little help from Google.  To the Bile posters with a little help from Giggle.  I think everyone knew Rangers would be back at some point if you are honest but it was a good laugh at the time.  Scotland Forever.

Edited by Rolling hIlls
Well done to Dons and Motherwell last night.

6 hours ago, Fairbairn said:

Shed TA was a good poster on other threads at the time but he was one of the ones who, a bit like Scotty, seemed to exclusively post about Rangers for a long, long time.

For what it's worth I agree with this. It was a fascinating time though. God forbid it might happen again...

28 minutes ago, KirkieRobRoy said:

Dare you to shout 'Scotland Forever' next time you're in a full Govan Stand. See how it goes down...

I would have no problem doing that Rob.  As anyone who knows me will attest.  Armadale is a 'staunch' place a bit like Larkhall.  But when we used to run (sons of wallace TA) Burns Suppers, sporstmans dinners, st andrews nights et al.  It was the Rangers supporters in the town who made upthe majority.  The Celtic boys wouldn't attend or join us.  You why?  Because Sons of Wallace sounded like Sons of Wallace sounded too much like Sons of William.  And they were serious and never did.  I used to spend Saturday nights arguing the toss with both OF fans but always in good humour.  So, I would not have a problem shouting Scotland Forever ma friend I can assure you.