Album Cover - Help Required - Anything Goes - Other topics not covered elsewhere - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Album Cover - Help Required

Can anyone solve this one? A band who, I'm pretty sure, are not scottish but one of their album covers shows a scottish match.

In my head, it was snow patrol and the match was a Dundee derby but according to google and all my colleagues, I've completely dreamt this.

Can anyone solve this one? A band who, I'm pretty sure, are not scottish but one of their album covers shows a scottish match.

In my head, it was snow patrol and the match was a Dundee derby but according to google and all my colleagues, I've completely dreamt this.

Sounds like the kind of thing Half Man Half Biscuit would do, maybe? Can't find anything on Google Images though.

You are absolutly right about this, I remember this was an English Band with the main songwriter/vocalist who had some sort of connection with Dundee. You have spoilt my night, as this has absolutley rattled me - I know it - but just can't place it, somewhere between 1996 - 2008 I'm sure, and it came from an interview I read, maybe in NME - I was surprised about the obscure connnection and wouldn't have realised it was a Dundee Derby - just assumed it was an old 1970's match or something.

I've tried googling - the band were not that big from memory - so it mght be quite obscure.

I have to keep checking though - FUQ, FUQ, FUQ

Edited by HUNTINGMcGREGOR

Thank you HuntingMcGregor. Was beginning to doubt my sanity. There is no way I dreamt this! Couple of my colleagues know their music trivia and have no idea about this.

I heard about it on the radio and then looked it up. I'm sure it's a photo from the stands, not professional. It was such an obscure cover and story that I had to look it up. Now I can't find any reference to it all.

Thanks for your suggestions folks.

Edited by Zidane

Thank you HuntingMcGregor. Was beginning to doubt my sanity. There is no way I dreamt this! Couple of my colleagues know their music trivia and have no idea about this.

I heard about it on the radio and then looked it up. I'm sure it's a photo from the stands, not professional. It was such an obscure cover and story that I had to look it up. Now I can't find any reference to it all.

Thanks for your suggestions folks.

Its an image like this, but maybe in colour from memory

article-2261335-0085C20B1000044C-191_964

Its an image like this, but maybe in colour from memory

article-2261335-0085C20B1000044C-191_964

I too think I recall something of this. Initial thoughts were that it was a more aerial/birds eye view, slightly grainy colour (instagrammy) of Dens. Something of an indie band too, but I'm racking my brains to come up with a band name. Did have The Wedding Present in mind, but that's the George Best one as stated above.