Alex Mowatt - Page 6 - TA specific - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Alex Mowatt

wanderer

That isn't the point though is it. So what if they give their all, that's what their getting paid to do. If someone isn't pulling their weight then the manager will do something about it. Bottom line is your happy for people who aren't Scottish or don't consider themselves Scottish to play for Scotland.

Spot on.

• Replies 142
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Maloney, S Fletcher, Hutchinson, Alexander and Gough = players born outwith Scotland, who always wanted to represent Scotland. :ok:

Morrison, Mackie, Bardsley, CMS etc = players born outwith Scotland who only represented Scotland because they weren't good enough for their first choice.

There's a difference, even if according to FIFA and our management team there isn't. As a fan I don't think theres anything wrong with wanting the top group involved but not the second group.

Couldn't agree more.

Has Alex Mowatt himself actually commented on any of this ?

Nope.

Couple of papers in England making out its a done deal..... But nothing to back it up.

Off the Ball tried to grill Strachan on it last Saturday but he ducked the question before Cosgrove could get more than "Mow...." Out (suspect Broadfoot was in the back ground flapping and screaming "shhhhhhhhh!!!")

Nothing to yawn about.

Support a club side if you want to whore the national side to folk more interested in England.

Plenty to yawn about.

I want to support a successful Scottish national team - Which includes players who's parents or grandparents were born in Scotland, I have no problem with that.

Not sure I'd lump all of those together tbh. Morrison and CMS clearly had England as a first choice. Mackie and Bardsley tho?

Bardsley knocked us back at least once.

Mackie to be fair I'm just assuming had England as first since his links to Scotland are through a grandparent

morrison_2644302b.jpg

On Morrison... No doubting that he would have played for England, but I'm sure he feels plenty Scottish now.

He opted for us at a relatively young age (21). In the end, he chose us over the (decent) chance of one day playing for England.

Different in my book to someone like Matt Elliott who made the switch when he was 29.

I think he's earned our acceptance long ago, and we should be grateful to have this Anglo in our team at least.

morrison_2644302b.jpg

On Morrison... No doubting that he would have played for England, but I'm sure he feels plenty Scottish now.

He opted for us at a relatively young age (21). In the end, he chose us over the (decent) chance of one day playing for England.

Different in my book to someone like Matt Elliott who made the switch when he was 29.

I think he's earned our acceptance long ago, and we should be grateful to have this Anglo in our team at least.

Loved Morrison's celebration v England. Matt Elliott was a lower league player till he was late 20's - no doubting he didn't care about us but he did a job I guess...

morrison_2644302b.jpg

He did say at the time that he picked Scotland because his England chances would be limited

But anyway like you say he's s commited player and improves the team

Edited by ParisInAKilt

Loved Morrison's celebration v England. Matt Elliott was a lower league player till he was late 20's - no doubting he didn't care about us but he did a job I guess...

Graham Alexanders view on Matt Elliott is interesting (they were ex-team mates early in their careers)

Care to share his view with us?

Basically along the lines of Elliott never cared about Scotland and used to get stuck right in to Alexander over being Scottish.... then both went their separate ways, with Elliott getting a Scotland call up a few years later and Alexander wanted to get stuck right into him over it.

Edited by wanderer