Transfer Rumour Mill Summer 2014 - Page 3 - TA specific - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Transfer Rumour Mill Summer 2014

wanderer

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Far too high a figure for someone who is playing in the second tier. Look at what all other youngsters go for? I give you Stevie May. Or is it just because you think because he plays for the peepel that he must go for more than a mill?

Up front, not future add-ons.

When did I mention whether £700k should be up front or in instalments?! :blink:

Either way, I don't believe that in today's English market, £700k is enough for a player of MacLeod's potential. The fact that he plays for "the peepil" (whatever that is) is completely inconsequential. If St J opted to sell the jerseys and accept a totie amount for May, then more fool them. Thankfully, Rangers resisted any advances (if there were any) anyway.

Far too high a figure for someone who is playing in the second tier. Look at what all other youngsters go for? I give you Stevie May. Or is it just because you think because he plays for the peepel that he must go for more than a mill?

Don't get this comparison. Because St Johnstone were daft enough to let their most promising player go for buttons, everyone else should do the same and just accept it?

And your other point is fair. But surely that's more of a reason to try and hang on to him now as he will automatically be worth more by your reckoning, if/when Rangers get back to the SPL?

• 3 weeks later...