Domestic Irish League Matches - Republic of Ireland v Scotland - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Domestic Irish League Matches

May be of interest to the usual suspects...

There are TWO domestic League of Ireland matches on the eve of the international match...

Friday 12th June (both 7.45pm kick-offs)

Local derby, Bohemians v Shamrock Rovers at Dalymount Park (10k)

And also St. Patricks Athletic v Limerick at Richmond Park (5k)

Bohemians' club website promotes the THREE bars under the main stand here... :beer2:

http://bohemianfc.com/?page_id=83

And here's the St. Patricks Athletic website...

http://www.stpatsfc.com/stadium.php

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Bohs v Shamrock is probably the biggest game in the Irish calendar and I reckon it will be a struggle to get tickets! I'm sure Dalymount's capacity is reduced just now due to health and safety. That said, I have a Bohs season ticket holder who is hopefully going to sort us out ?

Bohs V Shamrock Rovers would be the better game to go to folks....for pure rivalry , its a massive one in the league.

Dalymount Park (Bohs Stadium) is about a 25 min walk from O'Connell Street.

As one of the earlier posters said, it could be difficult to get tickets for it due to the demand

Any idea how to get tickets? We're nothing if not resourceful on here.

J

Have had some e-mail communication from Bohemian FC and this is what I've found out...

With regard to this fixture, we will have a very good attendance, but not necessarily a sellout.

Tickets will be on sale on match day, if you wanted to purchase.

Would recommend come early, either way, on the night.

Stiles open at 6pm.

I should have the tickets approx. 2/3 weeks before the game.

I am not sure if Casa Rebele (edit: that's a football shop in Temple Bar area) will have them.

If you want to send a cheque with your postal address I will post out same, you could send the cheque 2/3 weeks before the game?

I would recommend sitting in the Jodi Stand, Section C or D.

All our seats are Free Seating.

15 per adult.

We have two bars which will be open before the game.

Enjoy your trip to Dublin, and hope you bring us Luck on the Night.

P.S. according to Google Maps...

Bohemians (the one with the bars) looks to be a 30 minute stroll north of the Liffey.

St. Patricks Athletic is a 45 minute stroll from the centre; west of the Guinness brewery; south of Phoenix Park.

You can get the tram from OConnell Street to St Pats Ground as its a fair Hike from town.

Have had some e-mail communication from Bohemian FC and this is what I've found out...

With regard to this fixture, we will have a very good attendance, but not necessarily a sellout.

Tickets will be on sale on match day, if you wanted to purchase.

Would recommend come early, either way, on the night.

Stiles open at 6pm.

I should have the tickets approx. 2/3 weeks before the game.

I am not sure if Casa Rebele (edit: that's a football shop in Temple Bar area) will have them.

If you want to send a cheque with your postal address I will post out same, you could send the cheque 2/3 weeks before the game?

I would recommend sitting in the Jodi Stand, Section C or D.

All our seats are Free Seating.

15 per adult.

We have two bars which will be open before the game.

Enjoy your trip to Dublin, and hope you bring us Luck on the Night.

Thanks for posting that. Would like to take in a game if I have time.

Hope it's better than the last time we did this. Took in the Luton game the day before flying to Macedonia. Luton had been hammering in the goals on the way to the title and apparently playing some good stuff.

Game finished 0-0. Absolute guff. :D

Edited by Angus_Young

There have been some cracking days out at clubs (and even towns) away from the international matches.

Sometimes because of the matches, but more often because of fellow Scotland fans and locals alike.

There were big TA attendances at Haarlem and more recently Duisburg. The number's in attendance were quite staggering, I thought.

There were smaller attendances in Prague at Sparta Krč and Viktoria Zizkov as well as Holzwickede in Dortmund, but good times were had.

Then there were those where you could count the TA on one hand; Dukla Prague; FC Kray v RW Essen; and in Poland, Znicz Pruskow v Zaglebie Lubin (where I may well have been the only one).

But without doubt, the days out at Graffin Vlashim v Dukla Prague and Orihuela v Cadiz (with a certain Ikechi Anya playing for the away team) go down as legendary in my book... Vlashim and Orihuela were truly wonderful days out.

But without doubt, the days out at Graffin Vlashim v Dukla Prague and Orihuela v Cadiz (with a certain Ikechi Anya playing for the away team) go down as legendary in my book... Vlashim and Orihuela were truly wonderful days out.

That Tonka Toy of a train that took us from the main railway station through Vlasim..... case of just get up, tap the drivers shoulder and he would stop in open countryside to let you get off :-))

Getting to Vlasim and the term "One Horse Town" is being VERY generous..... only bar open doubled as the local bookies, with odd's up on the wall for games in the Zimbabwe 2nd division!

Question re. Bohemians...

The lady at the club said we should send a cheque 2/3 weeks before the match.

They've got Euros; we've got Sterling....... How do we send a cheque? Can you write out cheques in a different currency or across borders?

Never had the need before.

• 2 weeks later...

Go to

They've got Euros; we've got Sterling....... How do we send a cheque? Can you write out cheques in a different currency or across borders?

Go to your Bank and ask about a "Foreign Draft" or "International Money Order" . This is cheaper than doing an "international cheque"

Also I would ring Bohemians again and see if you can pay on the phone via your card and you can collect the tickets at the stadium on Match day.....would that not make more sense ?

• 2 months later...

Bumped (for anyone who wasn't aware of the Irish league matches).

And could any of the Irish boys offer an opinion on...

The John Doyle pub

The Hut-Mohan pub

The Bohemian pub

And the 2 bars inside Dalymount Park.

And anywhere else worth a mention en-route between the Liffey and Dalymount Park :beer2:

Bumped (for anyone who wasn't aware of the Irish league matches).

And could any of the Irish boys offer an opinion on...

The John Doyle pub

The Hut-Mohan pub

The Bohemian pub

And the 2 bars inside Dalymount Park.

And anywhere else worth a mention en-route between the Liffey and Dalymount Park :beer2:

McGowans is always good. Also new place opened The Back Page, afaik still managed by a Scotsman..

The bar in Dalymount is a great spot. Good Guinness for around €4.50, the lads behind the bar fire it out it and should be hopping before and after the Rovers game. Only been in the Hut once but its a decent spot.

The bar in Dalymount is a great spot. Good Guinness for around 4.50, the lads behind the bar fire it out it and should be hopping before and after the Rovers game. Only been in the Hut once but its a decent spot.

Cheers pal; thanks for the info.

But I do have a confession...

I can't stand Guiness :-)

I was shouted down by a pal of mine once for describing it as being like "Cold coffee"...

A few weeks later we were at a beer festival where they had a stout named 'Expresso' so I won that argument!!!

By way of an experiment, I keep meaning to buy some, boil it and add milk & sugar. I suspect I'll then like it.