Scotland V Wales - Page 3 - Rugby - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Scotland V Wales

Duncan Blackheart

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

First Sco/Wal 6N game I have missed in 7 years. Needed a year off after last year's humiliation, plus another Sunday afternoon kick off just isn't much fun when you have to travel there and back.

What really hurts is the point that promise/ambition/young team etc etc, all true, but yet here we are back exactly where the world would predict, which is 5th playing 6th in a fortnight's time in a match where even winning it handsomely will prompt the reply of 'it's only Italy'.

Me and my brother were watching it separately and both concluded that Jiffy's one-eyed viewing of the game is now simply too much. When the ref blew for half-time when we were on the Welsh line - well, he was so pleased I thought he was going to start cheering in the commentary box. The only thing that's worse is when it was clear Wales were going to win and he started out with some over-the-top praise for Scotland. The false magnanimity of the partisan commentator.

*edited to spell magnanimity correctly. the false erudition of the vexed Scotland fan.

How about for games like yesterday we have an English and Irish commentator.

And for the game v Italy Welsh and Irish commentating.

Give us a break from Jonathan Davies from Scotland v Wales games.

J

Edited by Bristolhibby

First Sco/Wal 6N game I have missed in 7 years. Needed a year off after last year's humiliation, plus another Sunday afternoon kick off just isn't much fun when you have to travel there and back.

What really hurts is the point that promise/ambition/young team etc etc, all true, but yet here we are back exactly where the world would predict, which is 5th playing 6th in a fortnight's time in a match where even winning it handsomely will prompt the reply of 'it's only Italy'.

Me and my brother were watching it separately and both concluded that Jiffy's one-eyed viewing of the game is now simply too much. When the ref blew for half-time when we were on the Welsh line - well, he was so pleased I thought he was going to start cheering in the commentary box. The only thing that's worse is when it was clear Wales were going to win and he started out with some over-the-top praise for Scotland. The false magnanimity of the partisan commentator.

*edited to spell magnanimity correctly. the false erudition of the vexed Scotland fan.

You now realise how good and an unbiased commentator Bill McLaren was, when you have to sit and listen to that welsh #####. As someone else has said on here can we not have an independent [that word still haunts me] commentator for these games.

My missus was trying to be funny last night and asked if i wanted welsh rarebit for tea !! - so i went down the pub, had a couple of beers and brought an indian meal back, she was none to happy when she found out it was a meal for one, as i sat and scoffed it in front of her - i said "not so fecking funny now" - she's still not talking to me and the silence is bliss

Away and fuk off. I'm part of that crowd, I sing it and I voted yes. Take your prejudice and ram it mate.

Seconded

I was there yesterday and will continue to support scotland and sing FOS. I voted yes and I'm not going to alienate those that didn't. That's just stupid

I wonder if guys like thewelk will stop supporting the scotland football team, plenty no voters amongst that support too.

Seconded

I was there yesterday and will continue to support scotland and sing FOS. I voted yes and I'm not going to alienate those that didn't. That's just flipping stupid

I wonder if guys like thewelk will stop supporting the scotland football team, plenty no voters amongst that support too.

FFS, as I said in the original post, I do still support them. I struggled a bit with the thought of supporting the football team too but also got over it. Can't stop habits of a life time. But that doesn't mean I need to feel comfortable with those there who did vote no being all pretendy proud of their pretendy country. For guys like yourself and biffer that's great and I'm happy that there are people like you, but you need to hold your hands up and admit that the majority of people in that rugby crowd aren't like you guys.

Edited by thewelk

You're in the minority. 7 out of 10 of the people around you were cringing while singing.

You were there then?

Like I said, you can ram your prejudice

I take it the seven out of ten is you pretending that Edinburgh voted 70% no? Further proof you're talking pish. And if you think its only folk from Edinburgh who go to Scotland rugby games then you're making yourself look even more of a halfwit. I suppose its only folk from Glasgow who go to the football aye?

Edited by biffer

You were there then?

Like I said, you can ram your prejudice

I take it the seven out of ten is you pretending that Edinburgh voted 70% no? Further proof you're talking pish. And if you think its only folk from Edinburgh who go to Scotland rugby games then you're making yourself look even more of a halfwit. I suppose its only folk from Glasgow who go to the football aye?

Are you saying it's mostly yes voters that go to rugby then? Is my estimate, which takes into account both the geographical and social distribution of the vote, completely wrong?

To be honest I can't see why you're so offended. I already said you're one of the good guys...surrounded by a parcel of...never mind.

I take it the seven out of ten is you pretending that Edinburgh voted 70% no? Further proof you're talking pish. And if you think its only folk from Edinburgh who go to Scotland rugby games then you're making yourself look even more of a halfwit.

A load of Edinburgh No voters would be supporting England at the weekend anyway...

How about for games like yesterday we have an English and Irish commentator.

And for the game v Italy Welsh and Irish commentating.

Give us a break from Jonathan Davies from Scotland v Wales games.

J

Good idea that. I can't see why it's necessary to have a commentator from the teams that are on the park. It's slightly daft, the inference that they know best about what's going on because they are from that country. They are supposed to be professionals - they should be able to comment knowledgeably about any team and any player in a championship of 6 teams!

Wellyman's post gave me a laugh. Good to see it wasn't just my house that was a little, ahem, frosty on sunday evening. The dividend of yet more rugby misery!

Good idea that. I can't see why it's necessary to have a commentator from the teams that are on the park. It's slightly daft, the inference that they know best about what's going on because they are from that country. They are supposed to be professionals - they should be able to comment knowledgeably about any team and any player in a championship of 6 teams!

Wellyman's post gave me a laugh. Good to see it wasn't just my house that was a little, ahem, frosty on sunday evening. The dividend of yet more rugby misery!

The trouble is CTV she's not even fecking welsh !!! - i spent 150 quid on a valentines meal on saturday and still did'nt get my nat king cole. !!!

Finn Russell banned for two weeks and should have had a red card according to the citing panel.

What an absolute load of shite. The game is turning into something very different.

SRU are appealing the decision.

Finn Russell banned for two weeks and should have had a red card according to the citing panel.

What an absolute load of shite. The game is turning into something very different.

SRU are appealing the decision.

Ridiculous decision, genuinely worried the way rugby is going

True - generally speaking, the number of no arms tackles/ clear outs is rising too much. I'd be concentrating on those cowardly efforts. May mean Visser has to concentrate in defence a bit more!

To be fair, I though Visser had a good game defensively against Wales.