Scotland V Wales - Rugby - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Scotland V Wales

Duncan Blackheart

Up for this - think we might be able to nudge them if we don't give away silly penalties, as the number of times I've seen halfpenny tonk them over from inside his own half against us is almost innumerable.

Anyway, win the back row battle, win the match. Step up, Blair Cowan.

Also, any pub recommendations for watching the other 2 games on the Saturday? Just stick to Rose street, or would anyone recommend somewhere else? Am actually staying in leith, but don't expect too many rugby fans round there.

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Up for this - think we might be able to nudge them if we don't give away silly penalties, as the number of times I've seen halfpenny tonk them over from inside his own half against us is almost innumerable.

Anyway, win the back row battle, win the match. Step up, Blair Cowan.

Also, any pub recommendations for watching the other 2 games on the Saturday? Just stick to Rose street, or would anyone recommend somewhere else? Am actually staying in leith, but don't expect too many rugby fans round there.

If you're in Leith, Teuchters Landing is a good shout. It'll have loads of folk in watching the games, good beer good food.

Be interested to see the team, I imagine it'll be out today. Could be waiting on fitness tests for a number of backs - Dunbar, Bennett, Seymour, Maitland, Lamont. Think the pack will be as was unless Denton is fit, and I think Watson will get his bow from the bench as Strokosch was shite last week when he came on. I'd love to see Toolis in ahead of Hamilton as well.

We can win this, but we've got to get about them early. Can't let the leekeaters get into any kind of rhythm.

Edited by biffer

Cheers. I thought hamilton did ok when he came on - at the line out anyway. However, before the france match I wanted toolis too.

Nice to see form on the sevens circuit being rewarded with Hoyland starting for edinburgh tonight. And good to see Blake get a start too. Think it's on bbc alba.

I'll be at the game tonight. Be interested to see how those two work out, also haven't seen the young scrum half who's on the bench before. Some other good young'uns in there too, particularly Rory Sutherland at loose head, he might just be a cracker. The kiwi ten is getting a run out too

Scotland team to play Wales this Sunday (15 February) at BT Murrayfield

15 Stuart Hogg (Glasgow Warriors); 28 caps, 8 tries, 1 penalty, 43 points

14 Sean Lamont (Glasgow Warriors); 91 caps, 12 tries, 60 points

13 Mark Bennett (Glasgow Warriors); 3 caps

12 Alex Dunbar (Glasgow Warriors); 12 caps, 4 tries, 20 points

11 Tim Visser (Edinburgh Rugby); 16 caps, 7 tries, 35 points

10 Finn Russell (Glasgow Warriors); 6 caps

9 Greig Laidlaw CAPTAIN (Gloucester); 35 caps, 3 tries, 37 conversions, 71 penalties, 302 points

1 Alasdair Dickinson (Edinburgh Rugby); 40 caps, 2 tries, 10 points

2 Ross Ford (Edinburgh Rugby); 81 caps; 2 tries, 10 points

3 Geoff Cross (London Irish); 36 caps, 2 tries, 10 points

4 Richie Gray (Castres); 43 caps, 2 tries, 10 points

5 Jonny Gray (Glasgow Warriors); 9 caps, 1 try, 5 points

6 Rob Harley (Glasgow Warriors), 11 caps, 1 try, 5 points

7 Blair Cowan (London Irish); 7 caps, 1 try, 5 points

8 Johnnie Beattie (Castres); 35 caps, 3 tries, 15 points

Substitutes

16 Fraser Brown (Glasgow Warriors); 4 caps

17 Gordon Reid (Glasgow Warriors); 7 caps

18 Jon Welsh (Glasgow Warriors); 3 caps

19 Jim Hamilton (Saracens); 58 caps, 1 try, 5 points

20 Alasdair Strokosch (USA Perpignan); 43 caps, 2 tries, 10 points

21 Sam Hidalgo-Clyne (Edinburgh Rugby); 1 cap

22 Greig Tonks (Edinburgh Rugby); 1 cap

23 Matt Scott (Edinburgh Rugby); 21 caps, 3 tries, 15 points

Two changes for Scotland from last weekend's game. Sean Lamont has returned from injury to replace the injured Seymor. Geoff Cross starts in place of Euan Murray.

So far this weekend it's Scotland 2 Wales 0. Under twenties won a really good game in Galashiels and Edinburgh beat the Ospreys comfortably.

Here's hoping the full team can make it 3-0 in the main event tomorrow.

Edited by biffer

I'm feckin' raging - got tickets arranged so that I could see my nephew in his first game at Murrayfield and he's only been dropped! can't even go to the pub tonight to enjoy the atmosphere as I've got a 15 mile run at 8.00am tomorrow. Well I will go to the pub, but need to take it easy.

I broke my vow to not support the rugger buggers just before kickoff against France. But that crowd singing that anthem still makes me feel a bit ill. Really need to make them sing god save the queen or something. Insult me and call me petty if you want. Maybe you're not wrong.

Edited by thewelk

I don't have a dog in this race but I can't understand how Webb's first half try was given when it seemed plain to me that the man inside was obstructing the tackler, but Williams' second-half try was overturned for obstruction.

Ach ... what a try that would've been (not the ones above - 21's breakaway)...

Edited by DonnyTJS

I'm sick and tired of losing to ordinary Welsh teams.

An outrage at the end.

Welsh start a scrap, run the clock down, game over.

Scotland are without a doubt the best team at shooting themselves in the foot in a consistent manner.

I still have nightmares over that game in Cardiff in 2010!

J

When it comes to rugby, the Welsh are about as condescending as the English, with their billy big balls attitude.

It's great that one of them will get knocked out at the World Cup. For sheer incredulition of their fans though I would love it to be the hosts.

J

When it comes to rugby, the Welsh are about as condescending as the English, with their billy big balls attitude.

It's great that one of them will get knocked out at the World Cup. For sheer incredulition of their fans though I would love it to be the hosts.

J

I think we should nail this canard once and for all: condescension is not an English trait.

And there's no such word as 'incredulition', you pleb...