Series Worth Watching - Page 71 - Anything Goes - Other topics not covered elsewhere - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Series Worth Watching

32 minutes ago, TDYER63 said:

Is there only one more after the dad text episode? I watched that one a few days ago, was funny. Roman’s relationship with Gerri is hilarious. 

Yes, after dick pic gate it's the last episode. A great twist in the end too

Started watching Dark and I reckon that'll be me finished watching Dark as well.  What a honking load of utter sh*te.  I tend to ditch things if they don't grab me right away and maybe it gets better, but FFS...

Agree with the Young Sheldon stuff.  The Big Bang Theory was never anything less than brilliant although they probably should never have given Howard a girlfriend.

A comedy I've just discovered is Superstore which means it's probably been out for years given that I've only just started watching Breaking Bad.  Really funny and quite non-pc so far.

48 minutes ago, daviebee said:

Started watching Dark and I reckon that'll be me finished watching Dark as well.  What a honking load of utter sh*te.  I tend to ditch things if they don't grab me right away and maybe it gets better, but FFS...

Agree with the Young Sheldon stuff.  The Big Bang Theory was never anything less than brilliant although they probably should never have given Howard a girlfriend.

A comedy I've just discovered is Superstore which means it's probably been out for years given that I've only just started watching Breaking Bad.  Really funny and quite non-pc so far.

How could you not like Dark 😫 I loved it. It was hard keeping tabs on who everyone was right enough but I thought it was an interesting story.

I haven’t watched Big Bang or Young Sheldon. Have saw clips of Big Bang and not found it particularly funny but its just been on in the background, you probably need to watch the full episode.  I laugh at Orraloon’s jokes so I might like it 😊

Watched ep 8 of squid game, bit of a nothing episode, only 33 minutes long as well for some reason... did not feel that surprised by the big reveal of front man even... kinda suspected that would be the case.

Still reeling at ep 7. That was some of the most honking TV I have ever seen. An episode like that is exactly why I cancelled netflix. Fuck paying them to make this shite. 😀 

Also I am not religious but the constant portrayal of the 'Christian' character in the most unsympathetic terms possible is also a regular feature. The brief and unconvincing introduction and departure of the female character (who did not throw her marble in that episode) seemed very much like just a vehicle to slag off Christianity / religion for a bit. The pastor father who was an abuser... blah blah... and the long rants at the guy praying (after narrowly surviving death). All very netflix...

One episode to go... this seems to be the disappointing one but it will take something truly shite to topple episode 7 in the arse-gravy stakes for me.

Maybe things will become clearer in the last episode why pretty much every character has been Korean (apart from Ali Abdul the simpleton Pakistani) up until the introduction of the 'VIPs'. Then suddenly they are ALL english speaking older men who are all white, no diversity there was there. Their behaviour in that episode was cartoon level evil... their patter was so rank as well. Probably the most repulsive characters you could have written.... all English speaking white men. It was mad... using naked women as foot stools etc... That is like wartime propaganda  level shit... bayoneting babies and roasting them over open fires. The scene where the VIP drops his dressing gown... 😀.

11 minutes ago, TDYER63 said:

How could you not like Dark 😫 I loved it. It was hard keeping tabs on who everyone was right enough but I thought it was an interesting story.

I haven’t watched Big Bang or Young Sheldon. Have saw clips of Big Bang and not found it particularly funny but its just been on in the background, you probably need to watch the full episode.  I laugh at Orraloon’s jokes so I might like it 😊

I think that was the problem.  Apparently the characters appear in all sorts of different timelines as well throughout the series so that'll probably make it worse.  Found myself continually thinking, "Who the blazes is this guy again...?" so this is probably not the show for me.  😂

1 hour ago, daviebee said:

I think that was the problem.  Apparently the characters appear in all sorts of different timelines as well throughout the series so that'll probably make it worse.  Found myself continually thinking, "Who the blazes is this guy again...?" so this is probably not the show for me.  😂

😂 aye, it was very much like that ! I am glad I watched it at the start of lockdown as I seem to have lost 50% of my recall ability over the last 2 years. I have just started watching The Wire and had  a 1 week break between episodes. Could not remember a thing from the previous weeks episode when I watched the next one. 

Dark was hard to keep up with but I thought it was a bit different to the normal stuff. 

On 12/2/2021 at 5:47 PM, dj mick said:

Lasso starts off ok, then it fades into american shmaltz,, 

I know what you mean. It’s very corny but I think that’s deliberate. Nearly finished it now and have enjoyed it. I’m not sure I should have recommended it though, it’s definitely one you either like or hate. If it’s not grabbed you by the second episode then I don’t think it’s worth sticking with.

On 12/15/2021 at 10:03 AM, Tiny Tim said:

I know what you mean. It’s very corny but I think that’s deliberate. Nearly finished it now and have enjoyed it. I’m not sure I should have recommended it though, it’s definitely one you either like or hate. If it’s not grabbed you by the second episode then I don’t think it’s worth sticking with.

Yeah am sure corny was on purpose ; but i gave up early on

the increasingly poor decisions of todd margaret though i thought were funny - will arnett

almost finished belgian series ( courtroom drama) the twelve ; decent

Another vote for the beatles doc ; outstanding 

On 12/15/2021 at 10:26 PM, chaff said:

Ladies and gentlemen your hosts for this evening the Rolling stones 😂

Finished it now, what struck me was the fact that I ignored the beatles for most of my life, never really bothered with them tbh,, but after watching this they are now firmly added to the playlist,, what an incredible group of talented guys, Mcartney was an absolute genius, Lennon was 100% a rocker and how much he was in love with yoko was off the scale. Ringo was very much a solid drummer and Harrison a brilliant but frustrated songwriter.

The fact that you seem them from start of knocking about some ideas in their head to a finished album and the rooftop gig? absolutely tremendous entertainment.

10 hours ago, dj mick said:

Finished it now, what struck me was the fact that I ignored the beatles for most of my life, never really bothered with them tbh,, but after watching this they are now firmly added to the playlist,, what an incredible group of talented guys, Mcartney was an absolute genius, Lennon was 100% a rocker and how much he was in love with yoko was off the scale. Ringo was very much a solid drummer and Harrison a brilliant but frustrated songwriter.

The fact that you seem them from start of knocking about some ideas in their head to a finished album and the rooftop gig? absolutely tremendous entertainment.

I plan on watching it again.

Like you I was never really into them, but getting that insight into their creative process made me really appreciate their stuff.

On 12/16/2021 at 5:59 PM, bonzo said:

A few people I know have said this but I really can't abide the prick.

Churlish I know, but I would need to have exhausted every box set in existence, including every episode of Eldorado, before I would watch anything with Jeremy Clarkson in it. He makes my skin crawl.