Series Worth Watching - Page 66 - Anything Goes - Other topics not covered elsewhere - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Series Worth Watching

18 hours ago, bonzo said:

Finished Dexter tonight, definitely grew to enjoy it (as unbelievable as it was) agree with @TDYER63 Deb was the most likeable character with her almost tourette's like swearing. 

Aye, Deb was great. I really enjoyed Dexter but it did take a wee while to get into. The ending was utter shit right enough  , almost as bad as Game of Thrones. Good timing for the new season coming soon which will hopefully make up for the poor ending. Just hope that isn’t disappointing too. 

Not long finished the latest series of Moneyheist which has lost its way a bit and reverted to predictable shoot outs rather than clever plot lines.

And have started Succession. Really enjoying it but can’t remember watching a series with so many hideous characters. They are fookin awful  😂 Some great performances though.

1 hour ago, dj mick said:

Just finished "Midnight Mass" superb stuff, slow as fuck to begin until ep 3 I  reckon then it all falls in place,, excellent tv 

Agreed. there was a lot of dialogue and it was slow moving at times but the dialogue was really good and it was gripping.

1 hour ago, daviebee said:

Watched the first 3 episodes of Squid Game so far after seeing posts on here about it.  Absolutely magic.  Nearly p*ssed myself laughing on the first one when they shot all the eliminated contestants!  Never expected that at all.

I will try and no expect it either, when i do get round to watching it 🙄😂

1 hour ago, daviebee said:

Sorry - should've put *** SPOILER ALERT! ***  😳  The way so many folk were talking about it I thought I was at the coo's tail.

😁 dont worry, I doubt it has spoiled a huge plotline !
I  have a NOW TV subscription for 2 months for 2 quid and trying to cram as much in as I can, I can get Squid Games on another subscription so holding off on that just now. 
Really enjoying Succession. Brian Cox is great in it despite being a detestable old bastard. 

• 2 weeks later...

Watched the first Midnight Mass last night.  I take it it gets better?  Not sure I want to waste an hour of my life on each episode if they'll be as lame as that.

Quite enjoying Underground Railroad on Prime.

I'm so behind the times I've just finished the first season of Lost!  Weird stuff but quite addictive.

I ditched Clickbait on netflix after 2 episodes, I just didn't connect with the characters. Currently watching Cobra from Sky which has been decent so far 👍

Mrs Slasher won't entertain Squid Game or Midnight Mass 🙈

Edited by slasher

Not surprising. I was really looking forward to Netflix when I first joined. I think I lasted about 10 months and cancelled it. Just about every program or series (no matter how good they started) went the same way... But it was a 'documentary' type program they did that I watched that made me realize they are peddling utter lies. The 'programming' within the programming on Netflix is something to behold. It is laid on so thick at times. Be interesting to see who is behind it.

I understand this Squid games one that seems mega popular came out of Asia so might give it a whirl. 

14 hours ago, thplinth said:

Not surprising. I was really looking forward to Netflix when I first joined. I think I lasted about 10 months and cancelled it. Just about every program or series (no matter how good they started) went the same way...

You obviously didn't investigate enough then - there are loads of different types of series. 

1 hour ago, vanderark14 said:

The blade artist by irvine welsh is going to be a 6 episode series. Robert Carlyle is playing the role of begbie again.

here's hoping it's better than the book which was bloody awful