Series Worth Watching - Page 62 - Anything Goes - Other topics not covered elsewhere - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Series Worth Watching

4 hours ago, TDYER63 said:

Was my saviour during lockdown. Loved it and genuinely missed it when it finished. 

I am dreading finishing it. Its just heartwarming. I want to move to Schitt's Creek! 😆

49 minutes ago, Lamia said:

I am dreading finishing it. Its just heartwarming. I want to move to Schitt's Creek! 😆

The contrast of Moira in her outrageous designer outfits,  and the slow life in Schitt’s Creek,  is hilarious. I really looked forward to watching it. I used to save it for the weekend as a treat , and so that it took longer to get through all the series. 

53 minutes ago, Lamia said:

Bizarrely I am watching Narcos at the same time.......not so heart-warming 🤔😂

My husband has days off during the week and watched that whilst I was at work. I was not happy as everyone says it is great. Think I will watch it anyway even if he has to watch it again. 
Am really struggling to find anything decent  just now. Chose 4 things the other night and he has watched them all on his days off , no wonder the house is a midden when i get home from work  😡

Really enjoyed Money Heist so am watching White Lines as its the same producer. Its a load if shit but for some reason I am continuing to watch it. Was quite disappointed as Money Heist was really clever. This is not,  but its set in Ibiza and I am desperately clinging to anything that makes me feel I am on holiday 😁

6 hours ago, TDYER63 said:

The contrast of Moira in her outrageous designer outfits,  and the slow life in Schitt’s Creek,  is hilarious. I really looked forward to watching it. I used to save it for the weekend as a treat , and so that it took longer to get through all the series. 

My husband has days off during the week and watched that whilst I was at work. I was not happy as everyone says it is great. Think I will watch it anyway even if he has to watch it again. 
Am really struggling to find anything decent  just now. Chose 4 things the other night and he has watched them all on his days off , no wonder the house is a midden when i get home from work  😡

Really enjoyed Money Heist so am watching White Lines as its the same producer. Its a load if shit but for some reason I am continuing to watch it. Was quite disappointed as Money Heist was really clever. This is not,  but its set in Ibiza and I am desperately clinging to anything that makes me feel I am on holiday 😁

I am not sure if I like Narcos......🤔 I preferred Queen of the South 😆 I have White Lines on my list.

I wish they would hurry up with the next series of Money Heist. I loved it. I can't believe the people that watch the dubbed versions rather than the subtitled ones of the non-English programmes.

7 hours ago, TDYER63 said:

Good time to hit Downton 😉

You should watch Below Deck Mediterranean. It fulfils that holiday vibe for me plus I love boats anyway 😎

9 hours ago, TDYER63 said:

Money Heist season 1 was strangely addictive for being so “naff” ; season 2 even less believable 

lot of good characters though ( and some really annoying ones too ) 

watched white lines too ; as also attraction to ibiza ( aye okay 86 last visit ) fairly crap but still watched it

mad dogs way better ….

Narcos light years ahead of all though in my book

5th failed attempt at breaking bad 

34 minutes ago, Auchinyell Sox Change said:

I failed at my first attempt at Breaking Bad but absolutely loved it when I tried the second time. 

I don't really connect to any of the characters in Narcos. 

I’ll join in and suggest a few that really surprised me. Tidy - I know you won’t pay any attention after watching one episode of Home for Christmas but you have to give all these more than that.

Call my Agent - French subtitles. Will take a few episodes but very good and like Schitts’s Creek, the characters you dislike at first will be the ones you like the most at the end.

Clarkson’s Farm - I really dislike this man and I’m not bothered about cars. Give it a go because… well, just give it a go, I had a big smile on my face at the end and not because it was the end.

The Kominsky Method - Michael Douglas. Another man I’m not keen on but a really easy watch and episodes are only 30 minutes so like Schitt’s Creek, you can watch something else at the same time.

14 hours ago, Lamia said:

I am not sure if I like Narcos......🤔 I preferred Queen of the South 😆 I have White Lines on my list.

I wish they would hurry up with the next series of Money Heist. I loved it. I can't believe the people that watch the dubbed versions rather than the subtitled ones of the non-English programmes.

I will give Queen of the South a go that seems quite popular 👍

Yes, I would have subtitles any day over dubbing.

I didnt realise there was another series of Money Heist, that has cheered me up. I also just read this morning that there is a new series of Dexter coming out in the autumn. I loved that programme but it finished years ago. I hope the new series isnt a let down. 

11 hours ago, Auchinyell Sox Change said:

Money Heist season 1 was strangely addictive for being so “naff” ; season 2 even less believable 

lot of good characters though ( and some really annoying ones too ) 

watched white lines too ; as also attraction to ibiza ( aye okay 86 last visit ) fairly crap but still watched it

mad dogs way better ….

Narcos light years ahead of all though in my book

Both Money Heist and White Lines are ridiculous storylines but Money Heist was quite clever with a few unexpected turns. White Lines is nothing like that but it is easy watching , the episode I watched last night where they all got together for a meal to talk about Axel was quite good, Marcus going mental was  funny . But it doesn’t hold a candle to Money Heist , the main character actually annoys me which makes it a bit difficult to really enjoy it. The blue seas and sun are a bonus though. 

9 minutes ago, TDYER63 said:

I will give Queen of the South a go that seems quite popular 👍

Yes, I would have subtitles any day over dubbing.

I didnt realise there was another series of Money Heist, that has cheered me up. I also just read this morning that there is a new series of Dexter coming out in the autumn. I loved that programme but it finished years ago. I hope the new series isnt a let down. 

https://www.radiotimes.com/tv/drama/money-heist-season-5/

13 hours ago, slasher said:

Good time to hit Downton 😉

You should watch Below Deck Mediterranean. It fulfils that holiday vibe for me plus I love boats anyway 😎

I have seen Downton, I was addicted to it when it was out ! Haven’t seen the film though so might try that 😊

My daughter watches Below Deck Mediterranean and likes it too, will take a look. I love boats  , that is a ‘Great Outdoors’  i really do enjoy. Went on a traditional sailing boat in Barbados for our 25 th wedding anniversary, only 200 people on it, was fantastic. One of the best holidays I have had. 

Has anyone seen Catastrophe ? Have heard that is quite good. 

10 hours ago, Tiny Tim said:

I’ll join in and suggest a few that really surprised me. Tidy - I know you won’t pay any attention after watching one episode of Home for Christmas but you have to give all these more than that.

Call my Agent - French subtitles. Will take a few episodes but very good and like Schitts’s Creek, the characters you dislike at first will be the ones you like the most at the end.

Clarkson’s Farm - I really dislike this man and I’m not bothered about cars. Give it a go because… well, just give it a go, I had a big smile on my face at the end and not because it was the end.

The Kominsky Method - Michael Douglas. Another man I’m not keen on but a really easy watch and episodes are only 30 minutes so like Schitt’s Creek, you can watch something else at the same time.

Will give Home for Christmas another go but will need to wait till the winter I cant watch it when its 25 degrees outside 😎

Will take a look at the others, apart from perhaps the Jeremy Clarkson thing. My brother has recommended it too and he doesn’t like him either, but Clarkson honestly makes my skin crawl , I am not sure how I can get by that. 

• 3 weeks later...

Tidy - watched a few episodes of Catastrophe and laughed out loud quite a few times so thanks. Suggested it to  some friends who replied saying they’d got a recommendation for me - a comedy series about 5 friends living in New York :) I had no idea it’d been out for so long.

They said if I liked that I should try Divorce after, same writer I think.

Got bored with Amazon Prime once i finished The Shield and Fear the Walking Dead. Tried a few series that ended up getting discarded 20 minutes into episode 1 so invested in Netflix. A few good things on there that I like so far that everyone else probably watched years ago - Sons of Anarchy, Warrior, Occupied, Humans. Lots more I've still to try but well worth the monthly sub so far.

I just finished re-watching Gomorra - La Serie. I got so much out of watching it a second time. The first time I watched it I completely overlooked how hard they worked on character development. It is a superbly crafted show. I had also forgotten how violent it was. I also found out that the actor who plays Ciro di Marzio had written and directed a film which looks into his character's back-story and also keeps up with his current life away from Naples. That is called L'immortale (The Immortal) and is worth a watch if you like Gomorra. Type the Italian version of the title into your sky search bar and it will come up.

All this and season five of Gomorra is in the can and should hopefully be on our screens in November. Something to look forward to for those of us who can't get enough of it.

On 8/10/2021 at 11:49 PM, Tiny Tim said:

Tidy - watched a few episodes of Catastrophe and laughed out loud quite a few times so thanks. Suggested it to  some friends who replied saying they’d got a recommendation for me - a comedy series about 5 friends living in New York :) I had no idea it’d been out for so long.

They said if I liked that I should try Divorce after, same writer I think.

😂

I should have mentioned it was a few years old. I only found out about it recently. Its like when people talk about The Fall , like it is some new release , and I am thinking, I am sure I saw that years ago. 
I finished Catastrophe really quickly , Sharon Horgan is very good. Will try Divorce too , though it may give Mr Tidy some ideas so I will vet it first . 

I have watched one episode of Call My Agent that you suggested . I wasn’t blown away but enjoyed it enough to watch another. I felt the same about Schitts Creek and ended up loving it. 

13 hours ago, morrie21 said:

I just finished re-watching Gomorra - La Serie. I got so much out of watching it a second time. The first time I watched it I completely overlooked how hard they worked on character development. It is a superbly crafted show. I had also forgotten how violent it was. I also found out that the actor who plays Ciro di Marzio had written and directed a film which looks into his character's back-story and also keeps up with his current life away from Naples. That is called L'immortale (The Immortal) and is worth a watch if you like Gomorra. Type the Italian version of the title into your sky search bar and it will come up.

All this and season five of Gomorra is in the can and should hopefully be on our screens in November. Something to look forward to for those of us who can't get enough of it.

Will take a look at L’immortale as I really enjoyed Gomorrah too. Though I only have Amazon Prime and Netflix. 

Latest series of Bosch didn’t disappoint 👍

On 8/11/2021 at 5:47 PM, morrie21 said:

the shots of the car in front taken from what presumably was a camera mounted on top of a truck driving behind were simply amazing. Accompanied by the signature undertone music - it became my favourite part of what were already excellent episodes. And bizarrely this shot seems to be unique to Gomorrah. Stunning yet simplicity in itself. 

5 hours ago, Return of Yermaw said:

the shots of the car in front taken from what presumably was a camera mounted on top of a truck driving behind were simply amazing. Accompanied by the signature undertone music - it became my favourite part of what were already excellent episodes. And bizarrely this shot seems to be unique to Gomorrah. Stunning yet simplicity in itself. 

I’m deep into season 3 of Gomorra and you can’t help but be struck by the sickening poverty of Naples. How I wish someone would make something of similar quality here covering the underworld of places like Possil and Govanhill without making part of it all a big laugh 😠

Edited by slasher