Series Worth Watching - Page 46 - Anything Goes - Other topics not covered elsewhere - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Series Worth Watching

7 hours ago, slasher said:

Killing Eve on BBC has gone down hill. I enjoyed the first couple of seasons but Series 3 has been utter guff so far culminating in the latest ridiculous episode. 

Agreed, downloaded the latest episode and watched it on Monday night, at the end I said to Mrs B what the feck was that all about?

32 minutes ago, kumnio said:

Any Netflix recommendations?

Drama or thriller series, must be believable, so no vampires etc, struggling to find anything decent to watch.

I watched Alias Grace recently. It's based around the true story of Grace Marks, a servant, who may or may not (no Googling if you don't want spoilers) with another servant, have been involved in the murder of her employer & the housekeeper where she worked in the mid-1800s. The story is built around interviews with a psychiatrist (that bit is made up I think) but I enjoyed it a lot.

Edited by Huddersfield

1 hour ago, kumnio said:

Drama or thriller series, must be believable, so no vampires etc, struggling to find anything decent to watch.

It has been mentioned on here before so you may have seen it, but Fauda is good,  as is Money Heist. 

2 hours ago, kumnio said:

I've just finished Top of the Lake.  Set in New Zealand and has Peter Mullan and Elisabeth Moss in lead roles.  Focuses on the disappearance of a pregnant 12yo girl and a seemingly unrelated murder in a small town.  A bit ponderous in places but pretty good overall.

2 hours ago, kumnio said:

Caliphate? It's Swedish, I thought it was pretty decent. 

Im assuming you've seen The Spy? Also netflix I think. 

Edited by Farcity

The truth will out is available on All 4 Walter Presents thingy, might not help those abroad. It's Swedish murder drama, based on a true story which I prefer as truth is often stranger and more intriguing than fiction, well worth watching too. 

Some really good stuff on there .

12 hours ago, Farcity said:

The truth will out is available on All 4 Walter Presents thingy, might not help those abroad. It's Swedish murder drama, based on a true story which I prefer as truth is often stranger and more intriguing than fiction, well worth watching too. 

Some really good stuff on there .

There's an Israeli comedy drama called Beauty and the Baker I thoroughly enjoyed on there plus a kind of Danish Taggart (I forget the name) 

Anyway, a goldmine of stuff if you don't mind subtitles and don't mind casting from E4 etc 👍

13 hours ago, Mox said:

I've started The Sopranos again, it is fucking glorious.

I've been looking to start that again but don't have Sky so can't get the box sets and can't be arsed faffing about with DVD box sets these days!

1 hour ago, Fairbairn said:

I've been looking to start that again but don't have Sky so can't get the box sets and can't be arsed faffing about with DVD box sets these days!

I've actually got an old Mac with a DVD player that remarkably still works. This is my fourth time watching it and I always forget how funny it is, the first series in particular is a goldmine.

• 2 weeks later...
18 hours ago, vanderark14 said:

Almost through the last dance about michael jordan and the 90s chicago bills. Brilliant so far

I really enjoyed it despite having no interest in basketball before I watched it.
 I couldn’t decide whether or not I actually liked Michael Jordan but I dont really suppose that is the point of the programme. He really was an incredible player.

I have been watching series 2 of Inside Central Station. Will need to watch these BBC programmes before I get fined for not having a TV licence. 
It’s an easy watching programme , I think I like it because, in normal times,  I travel through it each day. The lady who is training to be a Central Station tour guide is very likeable. 
I also watched a programme on BBC about the Boomtown Rats, called Citizens of Boomtown,  which was good. Possibly because I was madly in love with Bob Geldof in the  late 70’s. But unless you really hate Geldof, its a good nostalgic programme for anyone into punk music around that time. 

12 minutes ago, TDYER63 said:

I really enjoyed it despite having no interest in basketball before I watched it.
 I couldn’t decide whether or not I actually liked Michael Jordan but I dont really suppose that is the point of the programme. He really was an incredible player.

I was pretty ignorant regarding basketball till i watched it. Id struggle to hit one in 20 baskets but some of the shots they play are unbelievable.

I liked jordan, he is just very competitive and the top competitors can often come across as arseholes because of it. I think pippen was a sulk tho haha.

1 minute ago, TDYER63 said:

I have been watching series 2 of Inside Central Station. Will need to watch these BBC programmes before I get fined for not having a TV licence. 
It’s an easy watching programme , I think I like it because, in normal times,  I travel through it each day. The lady who is training to be a Central Station tour guide is very likeable. 

I've been watching it too.

Really felt for the young lad who was training to be a train driver and was obviously very nervous with the cameras on him and kept making mistakes in his oral exam. Glad he qualified in the end though.

If the Olympics had a medal category for stating the friggin obvious that station manager called Drew would win the gold - "Aye, ye'd be lost without the railway at Glasgow Central" - you don't feckin say :-))

That guy who is the station tour guide tries far, far too hard. 

They do seem to be running out of ideas on what to cover with the Central Hotel which also can be a bit boring at times.

What I'd like to see more of is those who keep the tracks, the points, the signals etc in working order and learn more about the engineering involved.

I really miss being in and around Central Station in weather like this too with the sun streaming doon the big glass roof. :(

17 minutes ago, vanderark14 said:

I was pretty ignorant regarding basketball till i watched it. Id struggle to hit one in 20 baskets but some of the shots they play are unbelievable.

I liked jordan, he is just very competitive and the top competitors can often come across as arseholes because of it. I think pippen was a sulk tho haha.

Haha I feel the same about Pippen but I didnt mention it because, until now, nobody has agreed with me 😁

Yeah,  I think you are right about the competitiveness  and  I dont suppose you can help it if you have that drive in you .