Jump to content

Recommended Posts

Finally finished series 4 of Gomorrah, excellent viewing and a fantastic ending. Getting all gooey here but Gennaros missus is scorchio.

Anybody watched zerozerozero? Based on a book by Saviano and has good ratings. 

Starting on Fauda series 3, I thought the first two series were excellent and this is shaping up nicely too. 

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
19 hours ago, Farcity said:

Finally finished series 4 of Gomorrah, excellent viewing and a fantastic ending. Getting all gooey here but Gennaros missus is scorchio.

Anybody watched zerozerozero? Based on a book by Saviano and has good ratings. 

Starting on Fauda series 3, I thought the first two series were excellent and this is shaping up nicely too. 

 

 

really enjoyed Gomorrah - think is only season 3 am up to - did you ever see the original film

ive read theyve knocked down those blocks of flats ; iconic ? from the series

- theres a netflix film too i saw last week or so - Ultras - also Naples based - similar(ish) feel - bit less gangster tho

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Auchinyell Sox Change said:

really enjoyed Gomorrah - think is only season 3 am up to - did you ever see the original film

ive read theyve knocked down those blocks of flats ; iconic ? from the series

- theres a netflix film too i saw last week or so - Ultras - also Naples based - similar(ish) feel - bit less gangster tho

 

I haven't seen the Gomorrah film but I've plenty time on my hands just now so no excuses. I think the flats deserve to be knocked down, it might've been a good idea at the time but it looks pretty horrendous in the series, a lot of the areas in the filming look pretty grim in fact.

Ultras, i added it to my list having watched the trailer, I'll give it a go. 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Finished Ozark S3. Enjoyed it overall although was a bit bored with the brother in law story arc by the end and seen the ending combing a mile away.  Probably the weakest of the 3 seasons so far but still watchable. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Apologies if this has already been mentioned here but I recently started watching Bosch on Amazon Prime and I must say it is very good. Friend in America recommended it to me and his advice has been bang on. There are 6 seasons, I have just started on season 3. Thoroughly enjoyable so far.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Just started to watch Tales from the loop on amazon prime. Really enjoying it and the settings are great. Filmed mostly in and around Saskatchewan and Manitoba in Canada.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Not seen it mentioned here but the reboot of Twilight Zone on SyFy is worth a watch. Some episodes better than others but quite good overall and Jordan Pelé seems the right fit to bring it back. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Started watching Downton Abbey which me and Mrs Slasher had kind of dismissed previously as 'not our kind of thing.' 

Put quite simply it is fuckin magnificent. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Finally watched Tiger King.

Anyone else thinking the real bad guy in all of that was the Carol Baskin character.

It was like watching the grifter Olympics but where they are competing for lives.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 hours ago, thplinth said:

Finally watched Tiger King.

Anyone else thinking the real bad guy in all of that was the Carol Baskin character.

It was like watching the grifter Olympics but where they are competing for lives.

 

I think they were all the bad guy.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 5/2/2020 at 11:50 PM, ParisInAKilt said:

The last dance on Netflix, documentary about the 90’s Chicago Bulls team is brilliant and I’m not a basketball fan. 

Aye, it's excellent, looking forward to watching the next two episodes this afternoon. Jordan does come across as a bit of a bellend which I suppose you could argue you need to be in the position that he was in.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 hours ago, slasher said:

Started watching Downton Abbey which me and Mrs Slasher had kind of dismissed previously as 'not our kind of thing.' 

Put quite simply it is fuckin magnificent. 

😂😂

Is this you letting your artistic juices flow now that you are a writer ? 

You have reminded me I still need to watch the film. 
 


 

 

 

 

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
22 hours ago, thplinth said:

Finally watched Tiger King.

Anyone else thinking the real bad guy in all of that was the Carol Baskin character.

It was like watching the grifter Olympics but where they are competing for lives.

 

I watched the whole thing on Friday! It was mental 🙈

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, Fairbairn said:

I think they were all the bad guy.

How would you rank the various characters in terms of badness?

I'd have to go Carol Baskin first by a c(o)untry mile. And that ultra sap second husband she married after killing the one with all the money... I don't like to think what she and her law enforcement siblings did to him first to make him reveal where all his money was...

Next that Doc Asswipe guy with the heap of wives. He got off lightly but no where near Baskin level evilness. 

Last the poor mental mulleted cunt who put himself on offer and gave them a free tv show. What an idiot! Of all of those despicable cunts he most obviously loved the animals...

What a shit show.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Just finished watching The Mandalorian and thought it was decidedly average.  I'm a big Star Wars fan, or at least I was in my younger years, but just didn't really get in to it.  Some of it looked fantastic and the score was tremendous however I couldn't shake the feeling that it was like a higher budget version of Xena Warrior Princess or Legends of Hercules or one of those pishy Saturday afternoon shows.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Just got round to watching Peaky Blinders and Downtown Abbey which although very different, I am enjoying them both.

Also just started watching Save Me, bit slow to start with but getting into a bit now.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Apologies if its been mentioned on here already! The documentary Innocence files on Netflix is an interesting watch - it's infuriating me but its interesting. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 5/11/2020 at 4:42 PM, TDYER63 said:

😂😂

Is this you letting your artistic juices flow now that you are a writer ? 

You have reminded me I still need to watch the film. 
 


 

 

 

 

 

 

It's just getting better and better although I must admit the 'king and country', and 'keep calm and carry on' patter grates on me a bit. Well written, well acted with a great storyline kind of trounces all that tho 👍

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 hours ago, slasher said:

It's just getting better and better although I must admit the 'king and country', and 'keep calm and carry on' patter grates on me a bit. Well written, well acted with a great storyline kind of trounces all that tho 👍

I loved it. Cant believe it was 10 years ago it started. I found all the ‘king and country‘ and upper class poncing quite funny.
Maggie Smith was brilliant as was Penelope Wilton. They were great together. 

I also liked the dresses 😁

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Maradona In Mexico on Netflix. Short documentary series following El Diego's time as manager of Mexican 2nd division side Dorados. Enjoyable viewing - seeing Maradona motivating a team of very average pros is very interesting viewing. Enjoyed it.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Gangs of london is entertaining. Some great fight scenes....and nasty violence. Low titty count but 2 out of 3 isnt bad for series 1.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
22 minutes ago, gusmac said:

Gangs of london is entertaining. Some great fight scenes....and nasty violence. Low titty count but 2 out of 3 isnt bad for series 1.

That is from Gareth Evans who directed the Raid films.  You should check them out if you enjoyed the flight scenes

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...



×
×
  • Create New...