Series Worth Watching - Page 6 - Anything Goes - Other topics not covered elsewhere - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Series Worth Watching

Totally agree. I lose all interest watching it week by week. Loved breaking bad and walking dead when I watched them back to back on box sets but when I caught up I could take or leave the episodes...

Another in the gomarrah camp here. Now here is one series I watched week to week and still was gripped and couldn't wait for the next one. The only thing I've ever watched on the box which has compelled me so much. It's brilliant viewing.

I've heard romanzo criminale is similarly brilliant but only have series 2 ready to watch and the links I have online ain't great for series 1....

Where did you get Romanzo Criminale from?

Is better call saul any good.... or a bit like the style council?

took me 3 tries in e1.just didn't get in to it. To much nods and Winks to bb for its own good

I'd really, really recommend "The Shield" to everyone. It starts superbly and then each season is better than the one before.

A three part mini-series called "The Lost Room" is one of the most intriguing I've ever seen.

Just started in Series 1. Very, very good so it is.

The first episode should be called "who the fux chuck"!

Not impressed, will give it 1 more episode to convince me to keep going.

I kind of got it after episode 3 but it was touch and go. I think it might be better watched in one big session. Edited by thewelk

• 4 weeks later...

I think the Game of Thrones thread was maybe on the old board so will just post it here, i stopped watching the series after season one, i thought it was alright but i knew the story anyway so seeing a reduced view of it wasn't that appealing to me.

So it turns out the TV series is going to spoil the books for everyone, unless you are a 10th dan blackbelt at avoiding spoilers, this is annoying me slightly. As it by deduction spoils certain elements in the book as some characters they've left out in the series but retain in the books, with some of them hinted as having huge plot implications but we know now they don't. So can sort of guess who is getting killed off by deduction.

http://nerdist.com/showrunners-confirm-game-of-thrones-will-spoil-the-books/

It’s no secret that HBO’s Game of Thrones is on course to outpace George R.R. Martin’s A Song of Ice and Fire. Though the author is hard at work on the sixth book in the series, The Winds of Winter, the television show must go on. They can’t go on a multiple year hiatus. Since showrunners Dan Weiss and David Benioff have already changed certain plots from the books, it’s been up in the air whether they would create a brand new ending for Game of Thrones.

I think the Game of Thrones thread was maybe on the old board so will just post it here, i stopped watching the series after season one, i thought it was alright but i knew the story anyway so seeing a reduced view of it wasn't that appealing to me.

So it turns out the TV series is going to spoil the books for everyone, unless you are a 10th dan blackbelt at avoiding spoilers, this is annoying me slightly. As it by deduction spoils certain elements in the book as some characters they've left out in the series but retain in the books, with some of them hinted as having huge plot implications but we know now they don't. So can sort of guess who is getting killed off by deduction.

http://nerdist.com/showrunners-confirm-game-of-thrones-will-spoil-the-books/

It’s no secret that HBO’s Game of Thrones is on course to outpace George R.R. Martin’s A Song of Ice and Fire. Though the author is hard at work on the sixth book in the series, The Winds of Winter, the television show must go on. They can’t go on a multiple year hiatus. Since showrunners Dan Weiss and David Benioff have already changed certain plots from the books, it’s been up in the air whether they would create a brand new ending for Game of Thrones.

I think it was inevitable given the time it was taking George RR Martin to write the books. The series is however a lot more kill happy compared to the books (and that's saying something), a lot of characters still alive in the books are dead in the series.

The last series (Series 4) basically caught up with the books on Sansa and Bran's stories and the upcoming Series I think will catch up with the books on everyone else. When they do Series 6, that will be when they completely overtake the books unless The Winds of Winter comes out in the next year.

I think it was inevitable given the time it was taking George RR Martin to write the books. The series is however a lot more kill happy compared to the books (and that's saying something), a lot of characters still alive in the books are dead in the series.

The last series (Series 4) basically caught up with the books on Sansa and Bran's stories and the upcoming Series I think will catch up with the books on everyone else. When they do Series 6, that will be when they completely overtake the books unless The Winds of Winter comes out in the next year.

Yeah and the main characters dead in the series and alive in the book, obviously don't make the end of the book.

to be fair i speculated that GRRM wrote his last book in the series already anyway. guess i better get caught up with the series now. Or just abandon it , i think the latter is most likely, i just much prefer a plot told in written form than visual. Visual is much more limited for plot and motivations.

Yeah and the main characters dead in the series and alive in the book, obviously don't make the end of the book.

to be fair i speculated that GRRM wrote his last book in the series already anyway. guess i better get caught up with the series now. Or just abandon it , i think the latter is most likely, i just much prefer a plot told in written form than visual. Visual is much more limited for plot and motivations.

The series is very good as a TV series. Obviously the book is better. I do agree with your last point, it's impossible to come up with the the R+L=J theory based on the series alone.

Edited by MacWalka

The series is very good as a TV series. Obviously the book is better. I do agree with your last point, it's impossible to come up with the the R+L=J theory based on the series alone.

So Bran has caught up with the books

so Bran is with Blood Raven (Brandyn Rivers)?

you'll have to have read egg and dunk to know about his history, let alone the books or the series.