Series Worth Watching - Page 23 - Anything Goes - Other topics not covered elsewhere - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Series Worth Watching

6 hours ago, Fairbairn said:

A bit late to the party but I've just started watching Peaky Blinders.  Rattled through the first series over the weekend and really enjoying it so far.

Will be interested to see what you think of the rest of it. I have enjoyed every series but my husband thought  it went downhill after the first one. 

25 minutes ago, kumnio said:

Season 2 of Making A Murderer starts tomorrow, should be good.

Been waiting way too long for this. His new lawyer Kathleen Zellner’s office is in Downers Grove which is the next town to me. My local trainstop to commute into the city. The very town Macho Man Randy Savage was from. 😄🤼‍♂️

On 10/19/2018 at 12:13 AM, Ormond said:

Been waiting way too long for this. His new lawyer Kathleen Zellner’s office is in Downers Grove which is the next town to me. My local trainstop to commute into the city. The very town Macho Man Randy Savage was from. 😄🤼‍♂️

On the second episode and she looks a right mean fucker 😂 Right down to the knee length leather boots.  Certainly gunning for that cunt of a prosecutor guy 👍 

Edited by Jim Beem

7 hours ago, Jim Beem said:

On the second episode and she looks a right mean fucker 😂 Right down to the knee length leather boots.  Certainly gunning for that cunt of a prosecutor guy 👍 

I’ve just finished the third episode. I started the first thinking She was a right Cruella De Ville looking tart. Hackit to buggery in the coupon. But as the show is moving on I find myself wanting to nail her more and more. She has a dirty look appeal and Ormond likes that. 😍

On 10/21/2018 at 4:04 AM, Ormond said:

I’ve just finished the third episode. I started the first thinking She was a right Cruella De Ville looking tart. Hackit to buggery in the coupon. But as the show is moving on I find myself wanting to nail her more and more. She has a dirty look appeal and Ormond likes that. 😍

I like the fact that's Eco Conscious too.  The amount of effort she must have went to to recycle Michael Jackson's nose should be commended.

2 hours ago, Fairbairn said:

I like the fact that's Eco Conscious too.  The amount of effort she must have went to to recycle Michael Jackson's nose should be commended.

😂 Yeah thats one weird coupon she has, really not sure what its made of though. That Laura Nirider is very easy on the eye though 😀

4 hours ago, Jim Beem said:

😂 Yeah thats one weird coupon she has, really not sure what its made of though. That Laura Nirider is very easy on the eye though 😀

That young lassie is too, well young looking for me. She could be 50 and still look like a bairn to me. Give me that Wacko Jacko nose aulder thing anyday. 

• 2 weeks later...

Bodyguard on Netflix. Watched the first episode and really enjoyed it. Action from the off. It’s a story about a Scottish ex-squaddie who now personally protects the home secretary. Although, the sight and sound of Andrew Marr in the first episode had me near putting the foot right through the tele. 

Edited by Ormond

1 hour ago, Ormond said:

Bodyguard on Netflix. Watched the first episode and really enjoyed it. Action from the off. It’s a story about a Scottish ex-squaddie who now personally protects the home secretary. Although, the sight and sound of Andrew Marr in the first episode had me near putting the foot right through the tele. 

Stop right now. Its dreadful. The Scottish guy proves himself to be a truly terrible actor.

Youre welcome. 

7 minutes ago, Jim Beem said:

Stop right now. Its dreadful. The Scottish guy proves himself to be a truly terrible actor.

Youre welcome. 

Well done on haudin yer water 😗

Ormond, if you do decide to stick with it dont scroll back on this thread till you are finished. Jim Spoiler Beem alert. 

I agree it was poor though.

• 2 weeks later...

Watched The Cry over the weekend which was very enjoyable although the timeline swirching was a wee bit much of times.  Quite a lot of it filmed in and around Glasgow too.

Watched one episode of Informer last night and looks like there will be enough in that for me to go back for the rest.

I have to say with the 2 listed above, Killing Eve and (I suppose) Bodyguard the BBC really are on a run of form with their Drama output at the moment.

On that note, I'm about half way through Peaky Blinders.  I'm really enjoying it however I've started to notice that it's very repetitive.  It's pretty much the same thing that seems to happen in just about every episode!