Series Worth Watching - Page 13 - Anything Goes - Other topics not covered elsewhere - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Series Worth Watching

Finally caught up with the first 2 episodes of the Fargo 2. Really enjoying it so far and it's looking like it might be better than the first series and I loved that. The scene with Ted Danson and the 3 gangsters was brilliantly written and performed, was like something straight from a Tarantino film. And of course I've always had a soft spot for Kirsten Dunst! :wub:

The bridge is magnificent, Saga Noren is wonderful.

She's mine - hands off

Agreed. Has the returned series 2 started yet? Not sure bout that one.

Yes - Episode 3 tonight

Have only watched the 1st & Tivo'd the 2nd

• 2 weeks later...

Think this series of Homeland is cooking along nicely. Apparently its ratings have fallen quite a bit in the States and the chat is that this could be the last series.

I find Homeland, and in particular Clare Danes, excruciating to watch. Granted I've not watched it properly since I ditched it half way through the second season but the wife still watches it and any time I catch a bit of it when she's got it on it seems to consist purely of Carrie coming off her meds and starting to go mental. Is that really the only story line they have!!

I find Homeland, and in particular Clare Danes, excruciating to watch. Granted I've not watched it properly since I ditched it half way through the second season but the wife still watches it and any time I catch a bit of it when she's got it on it seems to consist purely of Carrie coming off her meds and starting to go mental. Is that really the only story line they have!!

agreed. its a bit farcical to try and imply that the CIA would let anyone half as mental as she is get anywhere close to active ops. half the trouble they get into comes about because of carries instability.

• 9 months later...
On 27 July 2015 at 2:58 PM, Larky Masher said:

Series 4 of Parks and Recreation starts of Dave tonight at 8:00pm it'll be good to see Ron again.

Thank you my zombie compadre for recommending this. I love Ron, I'm not normally a lover of the moustachioed  man but for Ron I'll make an exception. Not many programmes that you can laugh out loud at when you're alone (or maybe that's just me?) but this is my modern Frasier. Just watched it on Dave. 

I've fecked the healthy eating and tanned 1/2 litre of Baileys and big packet of befanini so thank goodness for cheery programmes and Ron. 

17 hours ago, G-Man said:

Thank you my zombie compadre for recommending this. I love Ron, I'm not normally a lover of the moustachioed  man but for Ron I'll make an exception. Not many programmes that you can laugh out loud at when you're alone (or maybe that's just me?) but this is my modern Frasier. Just watched it on Dave. 

I've fecked the healthy eating and tanned 1/2 litre of Baileys and big packet of befanini so thank goodness for cheery programmes and Ron. 

It is wonderful and Ron is, in my opinion, one of the great comedy creations. Glad you are enjoying it

P.S. Had to google befanini.

5 hours ago, Larky Masher said:

It is wonderful and Ron is, in my opinion, one of the great comedy creations. Glad you are enjoying it

P.S. Had to google befanini.

I was watching a C4 American comedy and Ron appeared playing the gay ex lover of one of the characters, he had a big beard. It was very disconcerting. I've not been brave enough to google the programme in case it's finished and I'm near the end. 

When I try to picture tambers or give them character traits you are a bit Ron like to me.  :)

The joys of having Italian family is befanini when they all come back from their holidays. 

I've just finished watching a Netflix programme called Last Chance U.  It's a documentary about a Community College in Mississsippi that fills it's (American) Football team with players from the big colleges who have lost their way a bit and their bid to both win the State championship and get the players back to the "big" time.  Was quite entertaining for the 6 episodes it was on with some good characters in it.  Although even with the odd bit subtitled you really need to concentrate on some of the dialogue!

• 5 weeks later...
On 8/16/2016 at 9:02 AM, Fairbairn said:

I've just finished watching a Netflix programme called Last Chance U.  It's a documentary about a Community College in Mississsippi that fills it's (American) Football team with players from the big colleges who have lost their way a bit and their bid to both win the State championship and get the players back to the "big" time.  Was quite entertaining for the 6 episodes it was on with some good characters in it.  Although even with the odd bit subtitled you really need to concentrate on some of the dialogue!

going to give this a bash, your usually a good source!