Series Worth Watching - Page 105 - Anything Goes - Other topics not covered elsewhere - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Series Worth Watching

On 4/6/2024 at 11:07 AM, TDYER63 said:

Watched Deadloch on Prime after being recommended . Its a bizarre comedy whodunnit set in a fictional town in Tasmania. I found it funny , it wont be everyones cup of tea though and there is a lot of swearing but I found it funny rather than offensive. I wasn’t sure at first but glad I kept going with it. 

Deadloch is bonkers 😂 Yet I watched it all and (think) I enjoyed it! It’s one of those that you’ll either hate or sort of enjoy.

Just finished Baby Reindeer and enjoyed that. Based on a true story of a comedian that ends up being stalked by someone he was kind to. Written by and main character acted by the guy who was the victim. Worth a watch.

Watched 3 episodes (of 7) of Baby Reindeer on Netflix last night.  It's based on the true story of a Scottish comedian who was stalked by a woman down in London.  The guy it's based on plays the lead role as a version of himself and it's been  brilliant if very uncomfortable in places so far.  The actress the plays the stalker is unbelievably good in it.  Everything I've read has said episode 4 is one of the most uncomfortable episodes of any TV show in years so looking forward to that at lunch time!

*Alexa, show me an example of someone not reading the post above.....🙄

Edited by Fairbairn

5 minutes ago, Fairbairn said:

Watched 3 episodes (of 7) of Baby Reindeer on Netflix last night.  It's based on the true story of a Scottish comedian who was stalked by a woman down in London.  The guy it's based on plays the lead role as a version of himself and it's been  brilliant if very uncomfortable in places so far.  The actress the plays the stalker is unbelievably good in it.  Everything I've read has said episode 4 is one of the most uncomfortable episodes of any TV show in years so looking forward to that at lunch time!

😂

Thanks too @Bobster ! Will give it a watch when back from holiday.

Finished The Gentlemen. Meh. Was a bit better than I thought as I am not a Guy Ritchie fan . Watchable but for me also instantly forgettable. 

37 minutes ago, TDYER63 said:

😂

Thanks too @Bobster ! Will give it a watch when back from holiday.

Finished The Gentlemen. Meh. Was a bit better than I thought as I am not a Guy Ritchie fan . Watchable but for me also instantly forgettable. 

I thought The Gentlemen started quite well bit soon got a bit boring and think I'd lost track of what was happening by the end.  I'd probably watch a second season if there was one but won't lose any sleep if there isn't.

5 minutes ago, Fairbairn said:

I thought The Gentlemen started quite well bit soon got a bit boring and think I'd lost track of what was happening by the end.  I'd probably watch a second season if there was one but won't lose any sleep if there isn't.

Yes , I would agree with that. The final episode in particular was a bit of a let down. There was some decent individual performances  throughout , and it was quite funny at times , the episode with the travelling community was good. But like you say , wouldn’t lose any sleep if it wasnt renewed. 

20 hours ago, Fairbairn said:

just binge watched all 7 episodes - bizarre , dark and amazing

feels a bit like trainspotting in parts too

1 hour ago, Auchinyell Sox Change said:

just binge watched all 7 episodes - bizarre , dark and amazing

feels a bit like trainspotting in parts too

Yeah the voiceover reminded me of Trainspotting a few times. I don’t think it ended as strongly as it started but still very, very good. 

30 minutes ago, EddardStark said:

Just finished  watching The Wire. Watched it many years ago. A superb drama. Enjoying watching Ripley at the moment and the guy playing the lead role is very unlikeable so it probably excellent acting. 

The Wire is my favourite show by a distance  I've probably watched it through at least 3, maybe 4 times now.  Might be due a another go soon.

5 hours ago, Fairbairn said:

The Wire is my favourite show by a distance  I've probably watched it through at least 3, maybe 4 times now.  Might be due a another go soon.

For some reason I just couldn't into it the same I did GOT, the sopranos or band of brothers