Series Worth Watching - Page 2 - Anything Goes - Other topics not covered elsewhere - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Series Worth Watching

Full series goes live on the 27th I think?

Would rather they released it one at a time.

its weird eh? You wish you could have the choice, then when you do, the magic gets lost a bit. My biggest problem is someone always starts shouting their mouth of on social media about the final episode.

its weird eh? You wish you could have the choice, then when you do, the magic gets lost a bit. My biggest problem is someone always starts shouting their mouth of on social media about the final episode.

It's going to annoy me as my (retired) folks use my Netflix account. So when I go to watch House of Cards, they'll be far further forward in the series than me and i'll need to feck about for 5 mins to get back to where I stopped watching :lol:

Agree with a lot of the recommendations posted so far. If you can cope with subtitles then I recommend Spiral, its a gritty French crime drama you can view most of the series on BBCi Player. Series 5 is just nearing its end of BBC3..

The Wire is also up there with the best in my opinion.

Never seen The Wire but wholeheartedly agree with Spiral, started watching previous series and this one's been very good. Great acting, though hasn't improved my French as much as I had hoped!

Quality series. Pity pacific didn't live up to band of brothers standards

Agree

Quality action scenes there too though

Whole saving private Ryan genre / film style has really changed how war films are portrayed now

; the old John Wayne style way less gory

I saw .Fury recently and was really impressed with that

The bbc adaption of birdsong was one of the best Ww1 shows I have seen ; was a good Aussie production too ; under hill 40 I think

Many dodgy efforts I've seen on a likely more overlooked era ; possibly due to more static warfare tougher to capture

The Road ; book and film are way better

Really? Thought the book, at least until I gave up, was utterly, mind numbingly boring.

Anyway, just finished watching all seven series of West Wing in about three months. First five were brilliant.

Edited by Stapes

Really? Thought the book, at least until I gave up, was utterly, mind numbingly boring.

Anyway, just finished watching all seven series of West Wing in about three months. First five were brilliant.

Maybe as son was similar age at time

Found it thought provoking

Always felt a bit embarrassed watching the walking dead ; gave up at the cannibal stage

Breaking Bad

The Wire

Prison Break

Lost

Under the Dome

Black List

Game of Thrones

Broadchurch

Orange in the new Black

Homeland

Is the second series of under the dome worth it? Not started it yet but does it explain things or does it get even more strange

Maybe as son was similar age at time

Found it thought provoking

Always felt a bit embarrassed watching the walking dead ; gave up at the cannibal stage

It gets far far better after the cannibal stage def worth pushing through it as it heats up more as it gets to the mid season break

Is the second series of under the dome worth it? Not started it yet but does it explain things or does it get even more strange

It gets far far better after the cannibal stage def worth pushing through it as it heats up more as it gets to the mid season break

It does explain a few things but not everything. There is a third series due this summer. I enjoyed series 2.

House of Cards: Very Good

The Wire: Excellent

Breaking Bad: Very Good

The Killing: Excellent (if you can stomach subtitles, Danish version better)

The West Wing: Very Good

Game of Thrones: Very Good - couldnt stand it at first but battled on and it soon became well worth it.

Tried to watch 24 again recently. I hasnt aged well. The latter seasons really have spoiled it because the storyline is blatantly ridiculous from the off.

I watched the True Detective series with Woody Harrelson and Matthew McConaughey recently. Really enjoyed it and would recommend it, the second series is due out the middle of this year with a different cast featuring Colin Farrell and Vince Vaughan amongst others.

Yes agree. Great watch although subject matter was pretty disturbing. Fantastic location in terms of scenery. Wouldn't like to be out in that area on my own.

I watched the True Detective series with Woody Harrelson and Matthew McConaughey recently. Really enjoyed it and would recommend it, the second series is due out the middle of this year with a different cast featuring Colin Farrell and Vince Vaughan amongst others.

Yes agree. Great watch although subject matter was pretty disturbing. Fantastic location in terms of scenery. Wouldn't like to be out in that area on my own.

agreed, very good. quite dark and yes slightly disturbing but a great watch. did they do a second series with different actors?