Series Worth Watching - Anything Goes - Other topics not covered elsewhere - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Series Worth Watching

Wee bit like the movies thread - just got this showbox app on my tablet and it's got hundreds of different series on it.

Anybody recommend any worth watching?

Am about halfway through Homeland - quite enjoying it and have watched Peaky Blinders (which I found surprisingly good).

Tried Game of Thrones but gave up after about half a dozen episodes. Was ok but not my cup of tea.

Any recommendations??

The walking dead, set around Atlanta it follows a group trying to survive a zombie apocalypse. Not all blood and guts lot of heart searching about what they have to do. Makes you think what you would do in there situation.

Falling skies, alien invade earth and humans have started resistance groups to try and fight back

Wee bit like the movies thread - just got this showbox app on my tablet and it's got hundreds of different series on it.

Anybody recommend any worth watching?

Am about halfway through Homeland - quite enjoying it and have watched Peaky Blinders (which I found surprisingly good).

Tried Game of Thrones but gave up after about half a dozen episodes. Was ok but not my cup of tea.

Any recommendations??

The West Wing

ER

Veep

Mad Men

Agree with a lot of the recommendations posted so far. If you can cope with subtitles then I recommend Spiral, its a gritty French crime drama you can view most of the series on BBCi Player. Series 5 is just nearing its end of BBC3..

The Wire is also up there with the best in my opinion.

Edited by EddardStark

Agree with a lot of the recommendations posted so far. If you can cope with subtitles then I recommend Spiral, its a gritty French crime drama you can view most of the series on BBCi Player. Series 5 is just nearing its end of BBC3..

The Wire is also up there with the best in my opinion.

Aye, the Wire is definitely worth a watch :ok:

Breaking Bad also

House of Cards is really excellent. Looking forward to new series released this month I think?

Full series goes live on the 27th I think?

Would rather they released it one at a time.