Series Worth Watching - Page 93 - Anything Goes - Other topics not covered elsewhere - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Series Worth Watching

Just watched the first episode of “Women who changed Modern Scotland” the new documentary series by Kirsty Wark on BBC Scotland.  Have to say it’s excellent and quite a bit that I wasn’t aware of.  Mind you I am slightly biased as the great Elsie Cook is on it and it’s partially filmed in the scheme I grew up in.

Anybody watching Fred West: The Glasgow Girls, absolutely mental how his crimes went undetected for years. Pretty much every women connected to him disappeared! Social services and the Police’s ineptitude played a massive part in his years of sexual deviance and murder

• 2 weeks later...

Been watching The Last of Us. Its not bad, some episodes are better than others, I think the high ratings are from people who played the computer game though . I had no idea it was based on that till after I started watching it.

Just started watching The Glory. South Korean show. Only 2 episodes in but seems quite interesting so far, though its been a bit uncomfortable to watch at times. 

On 3/14/2023 at 5:39 PM, TDYER63 said:

Been watching The Last of Us. Its not bad, some episodes are better than others, I think the high ratings are from people who played the computer game though . I had no idea it was based on that till after I started watching it.

Just started watching The Glory. South Korean show. Only 2 episodes in but seems quite interesting so far, though its been a bit uncomfortable to watch at times. 

Just watched the first episode, loved it, but aye I absolutely loved the games.

I enjoyed carnival row on prime, but they've not commissioned another season 🤬

2 hours ago, bonzo said:

Just finished Better, not bad but shite ending 😡

I'm watching it just now and struggling a bit.  Only 2 episodes in but already characters making ridiculous decisions that don't make any sense.

On a separate note, what is it with the amount of people smoking on TV shows?  I noticed it a while back but it seems to be in every show.  Gold was excellent but I reckon there was at least one character smoking in about 70% of the scenes.  I know in the 80s it was probably relatively accurate but I don't think the show would have suffered had they pared it back a bit!

13 hours ago, chaff said:

Just watched the first episode, loved it, but aye I absolutely loved the games.

I enjoyed carnival row on prime, but they've not commissioned another season 🤬

Finished it last night. Once you know it was adapted from a video game you wonder why you didn’t realise this before !
I enjoyed it overall.

One of my colleagues was saying that one of the characters in the TV show was the voice of Joel in the video game, but he doesn’t play Joel in the show 😂 I think it confused him a bit. 

Still working my way through the full 12 series of Curb Your Enthusiasm. Does no one on here watch this apart from me and DJ Mick ? It is hilarious, though maybe not for anyone who is easily offended as it does push the boundaries a bit at times. 

6 hours ago, TDYER63 said:

Still working my way through the full 12 series of Curb Your Enthusiasm. Does no one on here watch this apart from me and DJ Mick ? It is hilarious, though maybe not for anyone who is easily offended as it does push the boundaries a bit at times. 

Aye Curb is genius in parts 

watched we need to talk about Cosby - 4 parter on the iPlayer - very good 

8 hours ago, TDYER63 said:

I've tried to get in to it a couple of times but keep drifting away from it.  It's funny but seems very, very samey.

16 hours ago, Fairbairn said:

I've tried to get in to it a couple of times but keep drifting away from it.  It's funny but seems very, very samey.

It is quite samey, but I suppose if a formula works then dont change it. I think its brilliant how he manages to turn really simple storylines into chaotic nonsense. It is one of the very few programmes I have watched that get better with every series. 
Some of the episodes are real laugh out loud. The fact that a lot of it is not scripted I think is fantastic. 
Comedy is just so subjective though . Someone I know recommended The Outlaws and I am just not finding it particularly funny at all. Stephen Merchant is quite good and the girl that plays the community service boss,  but   the rest of the characters I just find annoying.