Series Worth Watching - Page 83 - Anything Goes - Other topics not covered elsewhere - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Series Worth Watching

On 6/13/2022 at 7:59 PM, Fairbairn said:

THE best ever. Stick with it though, a few people I know have struggled with the dialect in the first couple of episodes but it’s worth riding it out. 

I'm sticking with it  but it's not really gripped me yet. On episode 5 of first series

On 5/29/2022 at 8:08 PM, chaff said:

Started watching stranger things season 4. I don't think I'll be doing episode 2. Absolute shite.

American high schools seem to be full of 30 year olds 

On 6/3/2022 at 6:57 PM, vanderark14 said:

Stranger things 4. Not as good as the first 3. It's dragging on a bit, I'm losing interest......then I find out this series is being released in two blocks 🙄

Watched the first episode of series 4 last night. Thought it was ok. The start and end of the episode probably saved it. It seemed to veer into a 1980’s remake of Grease at one point , and for too long. But I will stick with it for now. I quite liked the new character that is head of the Hellfire Club. 

59 minutes ago, TDYER63 said:

Watched the first episode of series 4 last night. Thought it was ok. The start and end of the episode probably saved it. It seemed to veer into a 1980’s remake of Grease at one point , and for too long. But I will stick with it for now. I quite liked the new character that is head of the Hellfire Club. 

My wife kept going with it, I would periodically look up from my book or Duolingo it does get better 

A couple to avoid,, "Gods favourite idiot" and Some other thing about a family of super-villans with her out of the uk office (Receptionist) I'm left wondering how? why? these steaming piles of shite get made,,

15 hours ago, chaff said:

My wife kept going with it, I would periodically look up from my book or Duolingo it does get better 

Check out Mr Chaff the multi-tasker 😁

Watched episode 2 last night. Meh. Could have done with a book myself. 

7 minutes ago, TDYER63 said:

The 2nd batch of episodes of season 4 better be worth it. The twist at the end of the first batch of episodes was decent but hopefully it's setting up a big finale

15 minutes ago, vanderark14 said:

The 2nd batch of episodes of season 4 better be worth it. The twist at the end of the first batch of episodes was decent but hopefully it's setting up a big finale

You are the second person to tell me there is a twist. Think i will just fast forward to the last episode and save myself a few hours 😁

I feel this season is trying a bit too hard to be ‘silly’ . Previously there was a good balance of serious and silly but they are over egging it a bit. The scene last night ( no spoilers ) with Jonathan and his Indian pal where he was in a dilemma about Nancy. It was totally pointless. They could have done with reducing this  episode to 1 hour instead of 1 hr 17 mins,  just by cutting out the crap. 
Although I am pretty sure someone will come along saying they enjoyed that bit 😁

Agree on The Wire. My missus struggled with the dialect first time around but it’s well worth sticking with. Some brilliant characters and great storylines make it one of the best ever.

We've run out of stuff to watch and are currently watching Boardwalk Empire which we missed first time around. Gave up on The Staircase which just didn’t grab me at all.

13 hours ago, TDYER63 said:

I have got to the end of this part and I am still enjoying it. I still probably preferred the previous series and wish I could get Running up that hill out of my head......🤣

11 hours ago, Lamia said:

I have got to the end of this part and I am still enjoying it. I still probably preferred the previous series and wish I could get Running up that hill out of my head......🤣

I was the same with the song ! However it managed to push that bloody marching song from Mrs Maisel out my head so wasnt all bad 😁 

The last season of Killing Eve is without a doubt the biggest pile of self indulgent shite I've ever watched.  I've got one episode to go and have literally forced myself to watch the last 4 or 5.  It's really, really awful and a shame given how good the first 2 seasons were.

Sky Arts - showing all episodes of Tales Of The Unexpected (Bit dated, but didn't remember the amount of well regarded actors that where in many of the episodes)

Sony Channel - showing all episodes of Starsky & Hutch (love it,  takes me back to my teens, also skin tight jeans with flares where fuckn awful looking 🤣)