Series Worth Watching - Page 79 - Anything Goes - Other topics not covered elsewhere - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Series Worth Watching

37 minutes ago, Lamia said:

Started watching the new series of The Last Kingdom. Can't get too much Uhtred 😍

it's nowhere near as good as Vikings or even Vikings Valhalla but I still can't stop watching it despite the very poor acting

Finished The Queens Gambit. Really enjoyed it despite knowing heehaw about chess other than the names of the pieces. 

On a completely different subject, I caught the C4 documentary about the Jeremy Kyle Show on Sunday night so watched the second part last night. Wtf.

I have never seen a complete episode of the show, only caught snippets , I thought it was a load of rubbish and that it was mainly play acting by the contestants for notoriety. 
I am sure there was a degree of that but If this documentary is to be believed it was shockingly taking advantage of vulnerable people. I imagine the producers and Jeremy Kyle will come up with their own side to the story but it looks grim as hell. It was very sad to watch , there will be a lot of guilty consciences out there.   

52 minutes ago, glasgow jock said:

Just finished season 5 of Queen Of The South, a good enjoyable watch (though a wee tad far fetched) also a wee bit humour in it (give it 7/10)

That is next on my list 😊

47 minutes ago, slasher said:

Peaky Blinders has fairly gone south. The new series has been unadulterated drivel so far 🙁

Agreed, there's only 2 episodes left and I really can't see where it's going. 

12 hours ago, bonzo said:

Agreed, there's only 2 episodes left and I really can't see where it's going. 

Probably another 2 hours of Cillian Murphy padding about in his flat cap looking menacing smoking 20 Capstan then m8 🙈

On 3/18/2022 at 9:37 AM, glasgow jock said:

Just finished season 5 of Queen Of The South, a good enjoyable watch (though a wee tad far fetched) also a wee bit humour in it (give it 7/10)

Couldn't get into season 3 never went back.

We started watching superstore as a wee 30 min filler but ended up binge watching 3-4 episodes a go, if you have ever worked in retail you'll get the jokes

4 hours ago, slasher said:

Probably another 2 hours of Cillian Murphy padding about in his flat cap looking menacing smoking 20 Capstan then m8 🙈

So pretty much the same as the last 2 seasons then?  I watch Peaky Blinder but realised during the last season that I don't really like it.  It's only decent wen Alfie Solomons is in it!

• 2 weeks later...
On 12/17/2021 at 10:19 AM, slasher said:

Is The Marvelous Mrs Maisel any good? We've watched a couple of episodes and I'm not quite sure what I make of it tbh 🤔

On 3/1/2022 at 3:40 PM, TDYER63 said:

Did you stick with this ? 

We started it last week and watched 2 episodes. The next night went to watch episode 3 but did not recognise anything in the recap. We went back to look at episode 1 and it was not what we had watched the night before , we eventually realised we had been watching  Series 3 episode 1  the previous night 🙄It seemed really easy to follow  despite us having missed 2 entire series . This is the 3 rd time we have started watching a series halfway through and not even realised. 

I am quite enjoying it. It tries to be a bit too clever at times but the production is really good and its pretty upbeat . 

On 3/2/2022 at 12:40 PM, slasher said:

Mrs Slasher called a veto on it about 6 episodes in I think. To be fair I found the lead character nauseatingly annoying so I wasn't arsed 👍

On 3/2/2022 at 5:15 PM, TDYER63 said:

I totally understand why, I was a baw hair away from chucking it myself for the same reason. However the confusion over the episodes threw me a bit and moved my focus off of her 😁 

I think I might get past that as I am enjoying other things about it, though some other programmes I have watched have been spoilt for me because of one character . 

On 3/3/2022 at 12:03 PM, slasher said:

Let me know how you get on with it, I might go back to it 👍

I am now halfway through series 2 and enjoying it. I am more used to the main character now and quite like her despite the fact her character  is supposed to be a comedienne and I don’t her particularly funny at all. Whereas I find her manager Susie , and her dad, both very funny.

Its an unusual programme and think it will probably be marmite. Its like musical theatre on TV and wont work for everyone, but I am a bit of a succour for glamorous  1950’s type fashion and the music . Might be worth trying again but if you are still not enjoying it by the end of series 1 probably best binning it.

Other programmes I have quite enjoyed are Your Honour and Dopesick, they have probably been already mentioned on here. Michael Keaton is very good in Dopesick. Michael Stuhlbarg , the actor who plays Richard Sackler, also plays a main role in Your Honour. I cannot decide if his acting in both programmes is really good or really shit. 

On 4/3/2022 at 12:28 PM, TDYER63 said:

I am now halfway through series 2 and enjoying it. I am more used to the main character now and quite like her despite the fact her character  is supposed to be a comedienne and I don’t her particularly funny at all. Whereas I find her manager Susie , and her dad, both very funny.

Its an unusual programme and think it will probably be marmite. Its like musical theatre on TV and wont work for everyone, but I am a bit of a succour for glamorous  1950’s type fashion and the music . Might be worth trying again but if you are still not enjoying it by the end of series 1 probably best binning it.

Other programmes I have quite enjoyed are Your Honour and Dopesick, they have probably been already mentioned on here. Michael Keaton is very good in Dopesick. Michael Stuhlbarg , the actor who plays Richard Sackler, also plays a main role in Your Honour. I cannot decide if his acting in both programmes is really good or really shit. 

Cheers Tidy. We’re currently watching Succession and quite enjoying it. We’ve already watched Your Honour although I confess I don’t remember much about it. Haven’t seen Dopesick though so I’ll have a wee look. I’ll pass on your thoughts on Mrs Maisel and maybe we’ll give it another try when we’ve run out of options 👍

5 hours ago, slasher said:

Cheers Tidy. We’re currently watching Succession and quite enjoying it. We’ve already watched Your Honour although I confess I don’t remember much about it. Haven’t seen Dopesick though so I’ll have a wee look. I’ll pass on your thoughts on Mrs Maisel and maybe we’ll give it another try when we’ve run out of options 👍

Tidys Top Tip : watch Mrs Maisel when you have had a bevvy to get the full effect . Its not the same on a Monday night 😊

Succession is fantastic. 

22 hours ago, TDYER63 said:

Tidys Top Tip : watch Mrs Maisel when you have had a bevvy to get the full effect . Its not the same on a Monday night 😊

Succession is fantastic. 

I really need to be cutting down on the bevvy but I’ll bear it in mind 😂