Series Worth Watching - Page 76 - Anything Goes - Other topics not covered elsewhere - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Series Worth Watching

1 hour ago, duncan II said:

With the Dennis Pennis character gone, I’d have said this series has less crude humour. 

He was fairly crude but at least he was quite funny with it in his disinterested, couldnt give a fook character. 
There was nothing remotely funny about Brian meeting his ex wife and her new boyfriend in the street and them rattling on about her shagging the whole street  and that she was a slag. Or Pat the postie going on about his girlfriend having sex with everyone .  And I  canny stand that guy that is head of drama, he is no funny at all. 
Maybe its just me though! 😁

Quite liked the psychic woman.  

To prove I do have a sense of humour though I am still loving Curb Your Enthusiasm !  

8 hours ago, TDYER63 said:

Loved the first 2 series of this but have watched the first 2 episodes of this series and not been very impressed. Dont think I will bother finishing it . I am not particularly prudish but feel it is resorting to shit crude humour too often. 

I didn’t like it nearly as much. 

On 1/6/2022 at 6:51 PM, TDYER63 said:

Managed 2 episodes and gave up. Thought Jamie Dornan was pretty good but couldn’t tolerate the trainee police woman or her fiance a minute longer 🙄

Agreed.

I posted without watching. There were some genuine nice things about it but some of the crudeness wasn't needed as for the two lad podcast characters...... terrible

4 hours ago, chaff said:

Agreed.

I posted without watching. There were some genuine nice things about it but some of the crudeness wasn't needed as for the two lad podcast characters...... terrible

Think you quoted my ‘review’ 🙄 of The Tourist instead of Afterlife. Easily done I only managed 2 episodes of that as well,   I am not very easily pleased these days. 

Its a pity, they really managed to balance pathos with humour well in the first 2 series,  but it just isn’t working for me in this one. 

That Stay Close actually finished quite strongly apart from the 2 weird characters.  I couldn't for the life of me see what they brought to the story, they were just ridiculous.

The other things I didn't get were the baldie guy who suddenly appeared in one scene and who I wrongly assumed was the missing psycho and why the main character wasn't all that surprised to see him.  Also, where did her expert hand-to-hand fighting skills suddenly come from?  😂  Entertaining enough I suppose.

On 1/24/2022 at 12:37 PM, daviebee said:

That Stay Close actually finished quite strongly apart from the 2 weird characters.  I couldn't for the life of me see what they brought to the story, they were just ridiculous.

The other things I didn't get were the baldie guy who suddenly appeared in one scene and who I wrongly assumed was the missing psycho and why the main character wasn't all that surprised to see him.  Also, where did her expert hand-to-hand fighting skills suddenly come from?  😂  Entertaining enough I suppose.

I have only 1 episode left , its going to take a pretty strong ending to heave it up from a 7/10 😁

Even having 2 of my heartthrob actors in it ,  James Nesbitt and Richard Armitage 😍 , still hasn’t done it for me. I have read a few Harlan Coben books,  I may have just become too familiar with his plots. 

What on earth are those 2 left field characters all about. They look like they have been parachuted in from the People’s Postcode Lottery adverts. 

On 1/27/2022 at 7:18 PM, Tiny Tim said:

Not sure if it’s been mentioned but just started watching series 4 of Ozark. Seems like it could be decent.

The ozark is brilliant, pretty pissed of it's season 4 (Part1) though, meaning we have to wait for part 2 to see wee Ruth goin Tonto.

6 minutes ago, dj mick said:

The ozark is brilliant, pretty pissed of it's season 4 (Part1) though, meaning we have to wait for part 2 to see wee Ruth goin Tonto.

Really enjoyed this season but like you, a bit annoying that it’s just part 1.

Read that they’ve done it it two parts so they can enter part 1 in the Emmy awards this year which ends in May then enter part 2 in the following years Emmys. Basically Netflix can then boast more award wins.

So expect it to be on some time from June but I also read that it does have an ending this time and that there’ll be no more seasons to follow.

18 hours ago, Tiny Tim said:

Really enjoyed this season but like you, a bit annoying that it’s just part 1.

Read that they’ve done it it two parts so they can enter part 1 in the Emmy awards this year which ends in May then enter part 2 in the following years Emmys. Basically Netflix can then boast more award wins.

So expect it to be on some time from June but I also read that it does have an ending this time and that there’ll be no more seasons to follow.

I also enjoyed it. I am glad they are bringing it to a conclusion too rather than dragging it one and on.

My brother in law watches it, his wife doesn't

He calls her Darlene now and got kids to do same...😆😆

She hasn't a clue...

Orzak is very good...

Wendy getting crazier by the episode...... 

Really enjoying it here in Stockyhoos.

On 1/31/2022 at 1:18 PM, TDYER63 said:

Ruth is the best character by far. Infact, at the risk of sounding sexist, the best parts are all played by women 😬 Wendy has gone batshit crazy. 

Marty makes me laugh and love the contrast between him and Wendy. 

5 minutes ago, Lamia said:

Marty makes me laugh and love the contrast between him and Wendy. 

Yeah, I like him too. You know if Marty finally loses his shit then the game is up , as he is holding it all together. But from an entertainment point of view I find Ruth/Darlene and Wendy the best, and in that order 😊