Series Worth Watching - Page 75 - Anything Goes - Other topics not covered elsewhere - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Series Worth Watching

On 1/3/2022 at 7:56 PM, chaff said:

I thought it was a fantastic commentary on modern life,

Everyone too busy, too celebrity obsessed, not having the attention span or too worried about how they would look in the political polls to notice what they were being told, the world is just about to be destroyed, definitely worth a watch

Yes, I agree, I actually said the same thing the other day. It was just a bit different from what I was expecting. The trailer had a lot of humour which suggested it was just a sort of funny satirical film like Airplane.  But it was actually a bit deeper than that.  I didn’t check the time during it which is a good indicator of whether it was worth watching or not. 

On 1/3/2022 at 8:26 PM, kumnio said:

The Tourist on BBC, weird, strange, weird, interesting, weird, slow & quick at the same time, oh and very weird.

Managed 2 episodes and gave up. Thought Jamie Dornan was pretty good but couldn’t tolerate the trainee police woman or her fiance a minute longer 🙄

6 hours ago, TDYER63 said:

Managed 2 episodes and gave up. Thought Jamie Dornan was pretty good but couldn’t tolerate the trainee police woman or her fiance a minute longer 🙄

You couldn't think of a bigger prick than him, she is just daft, but he is a right fucker.

On 12/29/2021 at 12:48 PM, daviebee said:

Is that Don't Look Up any good?  It keeps getting planked in front of me on my Netflix screensaver.

Just watched it - I thought it was good. Pretty much captured life as it is and in the end I was hoping the earth would be destroyed! 😳I did of course feel sorry for the innocent animals 😥

On 1/7/2022 at 1:03 AM, kumnio said:

You couldn't think of a bigger prick than him, she is just daft, but he is a right fucker.

You are clearly supposed to dislike the control freak fiance , there is not one redeeming quality about him, but I could not warm to the girl either. I just found my shoulders tightening and my fingers going into a claw like grasp whenever she had a scene , I dont know why she irritated me so much. I needed to watch an episode of Gone Fishing to lower my blood pressure after it 😁

It seems a bit like a poor mans Fargo. 

22 minutes ago, shunkyboy and the fluffer said:

Watched it many years ago and loved it but after watching again from the film to 86 88 and 90 love this. This is england. 

That was basically my youth/early 20s 👍

Landscapers has been advertised a lot on Now TV, I had never heard of it but gave it a  go.

Its ‘different’. I imagine it will split opinions a bit. Some folk will see it as a clever piece of  filming, others will see it as arty farty pish. I liked it , it did go off piste a bit at times but I thought it was well done. Main characters were fantastic which helped a lot. 

Just finished the Salisbury poisonings on Netflix.

I never really paid attention at the time, not having a TV licence protects me from so much, but this was fascinating.

How the fuck does Putin and Russia get away with so much?

Is the UK ineffectual now as a big player?

Where was the UK's allies?

Are NATO just shit scared of Russia?

8 hours ago, chaff said:

Just finished the Salisbury poisonings on Netflix.

I never really paid attention at the time, not having a TV licence protects me from so much, but this was fascinating.

How the fuck does Putin and Russia get away with so much?

Is the UK ineffectual now as a big player?

Where was the UK's allies?

Are NATO just shit scared of Russia?

Yeah I found it interesting - but why did they continue to the the policeman's family live in the house for a after they knew he had been poisoned. They were locking everything else down.

1 hour ago, Lamia said:

Yeah I found it interesting - but why did they continue to the the policeman's family live in the house for a after they knew he had been poisoned. They were locking everything else down.

aye, that was odd.

The real victim was the wee alcoholic lassie trying to get her life on track, tragic.

On 1/7/2022 at 10:52 PM, Lamia said:

Just watched it - I thought it was good. Pretty much captured life as it is and in the end I was hoping the earth would be destroyed! 😳I did of course feel sorry for the innocent animals 😥

I think it's marmite, my missus loved it but i though tit was crap. 

My brother loved it and his missus hated it! 

Most of the stuff folk are recommending don't seem to be available on Prime or Netflix.  ☹️

I've been watching something called Salvation.  All about saving the world from an asteroid so has all the usual cliche stuff.  Pretty entertaining all the same.

Found The I-Land as well but don't know WTF to make of that.

Just checked - both years old and now cancelled!

12 hours ago, Squirrelhumper said:

Stay Close was superb. 

Watched it in a day whilst in isolation! 

I am watching it. The man and woman who are going round torturing and killing people and having a wee dance at the same time just don't seem to fit - they are very comic book and the rest isn't. I am actually finding the whole thing uncomfortable viewing but will keep going until the end.

Watching The Witcher at the same time 😳😆

On 1/14/2022 at 10:23 PM, Lamia said:

I am watching it. The man and woman who are going round torturing and killing people and having a wee dance at the same time just don't seem to fit - they are very comic book and the rest isn't. I am actually finding the whole thing uncomfortable viewing but will keep going until the end.

Watching The Witcher at the same time 😳😆

I watched Episode 2 of Stay Close last night.  Let's see if I've got this right... "There's a deranged psycho back after being missing for 17 years... he's after me and my family.... I went to his wife's house and I'm sure he was downstairs in the basement... I'm going back - you distract her and I'll go down into the dark basement and have a look and see if he's there..."

Between that and the million other things that seem to be going on... I don't know.  Maybe give it another couple of episodes and see if it picks up or becomes so bad that it's compulsive viewing.

30 minutes ago, daviebee said:

I watched Episode 2 of Stay Close last night.  Let's see if I've got this right... "There's a deranged psycho back after being missing for 17 years... he's after me and my family.... I went to his wife's house and I'm sure he was downstairs in the basement... I'm going back - you distract her and I'll go down into the dark basement and have a look and see if he's there..."

Between that and the million other things that seem to be going on... I don't know.  Maybe give it another couple of episodes and see if it picks up or becomes so bad that it's compulsive viewing.

I have two episodes to go. The whole story with the odd couple isn't getting any better. 

The red-haired policeman is another odd character.

It is like they have merged two completely different styles that don't match.

1 hour ago, Lamia said:

I have two episodes to go. The whole story with the odd couple isn't getting any better. 

The red-haired policeman is another odd character.

It is like they have merged two completely different styles that don't match.

I forgot about these 2 weirdos.  They just seemed to appear out of left field and start torturing some random lassie.  I'm sure it's all an integral part of the plot, whatever TF that's actually meant to be!

On 1/16/2022 at 7:19 PM, chaff said:

Afterlife season 3 now on Netflix 😭

Loved the first 2 series of this but have watched the first 2 episodes of this series and not been very impressed. Dont think I will bother finishing it . I am not particularly prudish but feel it is resorting to shit crude humour too often. 

1 hour ago, TDYER63 said:

Loved the first 2 series of this but have watched the first 2 episodes of this series and not been very impressed. Dont think I will bother finishing it . I am not particularly prudish but feel it is resorting to shit crude humour too often. 

With the Dennis Pennis character gone, I’d have said this series has less crude humour.