Series Worth Watching - Page 74 - Anything Goes - Other topics not covered elsewhere - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Series Worth Watching

31 minutes ago, chaff said:

I found it fascinating on an historical angle.

I also find it amusing that the one thing the royals complained about about not being accurate was something really tedious which makes me think it might be closer to the truth than you'd imagine.

One thing watching it though was I didn't think I could despise the institution more than I already did.

Yup I was actually going to say that not one of them comes across as likeable!

It is the historic aspects I am finding interesting. I have been googling to find out what was actually reported to see how close it is to that and there does seem to be quite a bit of correlation. I can see a lot how the family are being portrayed too as being not far off the mark

19 hours ago, TDYER63 said:

I have virgin too but got Now TV on free trial for a month then they extended it to 6 months  half price so worth watching out for as there are a lot of good programmes.

Thanks to whoever mentioned Curb your enthusiasm as very funny. 

You're most welcome.

6 hours ago, Lamia said:

Yup I was actually going to say that not one of them comes across as likeable!

It is the historic aspects I am finding interesting. I have been googling to find out what was actually reported to see how close it is to that and there does seem to be quite a bit of correlation. I can see a lot how the family are being portrayed too as being not far off the mark

Vanessa Kirby however was a fantastic Princes Margaret!

43 minutes ago, daviebee said:

Is that Don't Look Up any good?  It keeps getting planked in front of me on my Netflix screensaver.

I saw a trailer last night and thought it looked good. I did have half a bottle of wine in me right enough 😁

Coincidentally my brother texted the morning a whatsap group chat to say it was brilliant . I trust his judgement  so will give it a go. 

55 minutes ago, TDYER63 said:

I saw a trailer last night and thought it looked good. I did have half a bottle of wine in me right enough 😁

Coincidentally my brother texted the morning a whatsap group chat to say it was brilliant . I trust his judgement  so will give it a go. 

I'll give it 20 minutes, see if it grabs me.  😀

55 minutes ago, TDYER63 said:

😂 , well make sure and have 1/2 bottle wine beforehand or I am taking no responsibility!  
I take it you gave up on Dark ? 

Aye, no point watching any more of that. When you're continually going, "Who TF is this guy again?" then there's little point!  I really need to have characters eased in 1 or 2 at a time rather than a whole townful on the first show. 😂

7 hours ago, TDYER63 said:

When have you ever listened to him 😂

17 hours ago, daviebee said:

Aye, no point watching any more of that. When you're continually going, "Who TF is this guy again?" then there's little point!  I really need to have characters eased in 1 or 2 at a time rather than a whole townful on the first show. 😂

😂 I struggled with Game of Thrones to start with for that same reason. I was saved by the family tree thing you got with the DVD box set .
I started by splitting the characters  into goodies and baddies then worked from there 😁

Glad I stuck with it though as it was fantastic.

On 12/27/2021 at 8:56 PM, Lamia said:

Decided to give The Crown a go. Didn't think I would manage to stomach it but surprisingly finding I am quite enjoying it! 😳

In a similar vein we watched A Very British Scandal this week.

Had to remind myself that it wasn't the Queen giving out blow jobs.

On 12/29/2021 at 12:48 PM, daviebee said:

Is that Don't Look Up any good?  It keeps getting planked in front of me on my Netflix screensaver.

Watched it last night. Wouldnt rave about it but it was ok , funny in parts,  probably worth watching. 

On 1/2/2022 at 11:47 AM, TDYER63 said:

Watched it last night. Wouldnt rave about it but it was ok , funny in parts,  probably worth watching. 

I thought it was a fantastic commentary on modern life,

Everyone too busy, too celebrity obsessed, not having the attention span or too worried about how they would look in the political polls to notice what they were being told, the world is just about to be destroyed, definitely worth a watch

Edited by chaff

On 12/30/2021 at 9:52 AM, Toepoke said:

Watched this last night, remember in the 70s my maw telling me about the Spanish gold in Tobermory Bay.

On 12/30/2021 at 9:52 AM, Toepoke said:

Just watched it - I see what you mean. 😆

On The Crown - the programme makers really don't like Charles do they. He seems to come off the worst of the lot of them.