Series Worth Watching - Page 73 - Anything Goes - Other topics not covered elsewhere - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Series Worth Watching

3 hours ago, aaid said:

The Wire is excellent and possibly one of the best series I’ve ever watched.  Done the whole thing start to finish on a number of occasions. 

I bought a new laptop recently that didn’t have an internal CD/DVD drive.  I got one of these which does the job perfectly. 

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Rioddas-External-Portable-Rewriter-Desktop/dp/B07JGWBLVH/ref=asc_df_B07JGWBLVH/?tag=googshopuk-21&linkCode=df0&hvadid=310831391922&hvpos=&hvnetw=g&hvrand=10572241354958311140&hvpone=&hvptwo=&hvqmt=&hvdev=c&hvdvcmdl=&hvlocint=&hvlocphy=1006906&hvtargid=pla-563826686293&psc=1

TBF, you can probably pick up a half decent Blu-ray player for under £50 these days. 

No TV, so that looks like it will do the job cheers!

I can see why the last episode of squid game was disappointing. It was very clearly written with a second series in mind and they left a lot deliberately unresolved for that purpose.

No understanding on why front man is front man. He shot his brother in the shoulder in classic TV will survive fashion…

No understanding on what motivates a guard to be a guard…

idiot boy rejoining the game after ‘winning’…

It is basically a slightly more thought out version of Lost.

21 hours ago, Fairbairn said:

Think I’ve watched The Wire end to end 3 or 4 times now. It’s an absolute masterpiece and the first 4 seasons are better than anything else out there. 

I know someone who used to be an inspector in the Met and who was on Operation Trident, which targets black on black gun crime in London.   He told me the Wire was the closest thing to the real thing he’d seen. 

15 hours ago, thplinth said:

I can see why the last episode of squid game was disappointing. It was very clearly written with a second series in mind and they left a lot deliberately unresolved for that purpose.

No understanding on why front man is front man. He shot his brother in the shoulder in classic TV will survive fashion…

No understanding on what motivates a guard to be a guard…

idiot boy rejoining the game after ‘winning’…

It is basically a slightly more thought out version of Lost.

I've started rewatching Lost again recently.  I'm not really sure why.

The Rain - I must surely hold the record for lasting a whole 25 minutes into this complete and utter p*sh.  One of these shows where you're tempted to keep going just to see if it can possibly get any worse.  There were 20 minutes left though and it was my night for dangling my goolies in a tank of piranha fish.

14 minutes ago, dan cake said:

Just finished the final series of Gomorrah, excellent. Doesn’t get enough recognition probably due to being foreign language but should be up there with the wire, sopranos etc. 

I keep seeing this mentioned and need to check it out.  Where can I find it? (Legitimately!)

1 hour ago, dan cake said:

Just finished the final series of Gomorrah, excellent. Doesn’t get enough recognition probably due to being foreign language but should be up there with the wire, sopranos etc. 

Absolutely, best series that’s been on telly for years. 

49 minutes ago, Fairbairn said:

I keep seeing this mentioned and need to check it out.  Where can I find it? (Legitimately!)

Worth your time. Really enjoying this fifth series. Been watching it since the start. Take a break for L'Immortale between 4 and 5. Can't say any more but it's a feature length link.

Edited by killiefaetheferry

6 hours ago, TDYER63 said:

I think it is Sky Atlantic but I can access it through Now TV . Its excellent. 

That explains why I don’t see it anywhere. I’ve got Virgin so no Sky Atlantic. Keep saying I’ll get round to getting IPTV but haven’t done anything about it. 

3 hours ago, Fairbairn said:

That explains why I don’t see it anywhere. I’ve got Virgin so no Sky Atlantic. Keep saying I’ll get round to getting IPTV but haven’t done anything about it. 

I have virgin too but got Now TV on free trial for a month then they extended it to 6 months  half price so worth watching out for as there are a lot of good programmes.

Thanks to whoever mentioned Curb your enthusiasm as very funny. 

16 hours ago, Lamia said:

Decided to give The Crown a go. Didn't think I would manage to stomach it but surprisingly finding I am quite enjoying it! 😳

I found it fascinating on an historical angle.

I also find it amusing that the one thing the royals complained about about not being accurate was something really tedious which makes me think it might be closer to the truth than you'd imagine.

One thing watching it though was I didn't think I could despise the institution more than I already did.