Series Worth Watching - Page 68 - Anything Goes - Other topics not covered elsewhere - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Series Worth Watching

1 minute ago, dj mick said:

Has anyone watched, "The wheel of time",, fuck me ,, how the fuck did this get made?

I read it ages ago, started as a teenager and just sort of slogged through it.

I'm going to watch it as well though, first book wasn't too great but got better.

Finally finished Squid Game.  Really disappointed in the last episode considering the drama of what went before.  I suppose it had to be left open for another series, but it all just felt a bit flat.  Brilliant overall though with a couple of episodes being some of the most poignant and exciting TV I've ever seen.

The Walking Dead - The World Beyond... no idea why I keep watching this utter guff.  Maybe in the hope that something interesting might happen.  The Walking Dead itself started off great and lost its way, but this has been sh*te from the start.

8 hours ago, daviebee said:

Finally finished Squid Game.  Really disappointed in the last episode considering the drama of what went before.  I suppose it had to be left open for another series, but it all just felt a bit flat.  Brilliant overall though with a couple of episodes being some of the most poignant and exciting TV I've ever seen.

The Walking Dead - The World Beyond... no idea why I keep watching this utter guff.  Maybe in the hope that something interesting might happen.  The Walking Dead itself started off great and lost its way, but this has been sh*te from the start.

I'm still watching the walking dead, fuck knows why, final season, but on the mid season break. They better finish it well but i very much doubt that'll happen.

4 hours ago, chaff said:

I'm still watching the walking dead, fuck knows why, final season, but on the mid season break. They better finish it well but i very much doubt that'll happen.

TWD has been utter p*sh ever since they introduced that King Ezekiel nonsense. It used to be must-watch stuff but I'm now just happy to wait until it's free on Amazon Prime.  Fear The Walking Dead is heading the same way with plots that just get more ridiculous.

9 minutes ago, killiefaetheferry said:

Same. We must be about ages then. Reviews seem ok, will be giving this go 👍

They totally rushed the first episode it seemed to me. Should have been a 2 parter. Looks great the scenery etc it's a bit weird cause they changed one main characters situation in a major way but that resolves itself really quickly so no idea why they did it.

Weird to see so much nudity/sex as Jordans books were very much demure in that sense. However I guess that's just the way things are done now.

I'm going to watch it as if this fails then they might not do these sort of things again. Quite gory as well was a bit surprised how graphic some of the Trolloc scenes were.

Watched 3 episodes of the new series of Dexter. Not sure if I have a rose tinted memories of the previous series or if it just isnt very good. My favourite character was Deb and her part in the current series has been pretty disappointing. Hopefully it will improve. 

Watched the second series of Guilt, was ok. Only 3 or 4 episodes. I like Mark Bonnar. 

Started Borgen. Its ok too but more of a filler I think than something I am desperate to watch.

Apart from Succession there is nothing that is blowing my skirt up at the moment. Might try Squid Games. 

10 hours ago, daviebee said:

TWD has been utter p*sh ever since they introduced that King Ezekiel nonsense. It used to be must-watch stuff but I'm now just happy to wait until it's free on Amazon Prime.  Fear The Walking Dead is heading the same way with plots that just get more ridiculous.

It was the folks that lived like stig of the dump that did it for me, the timescale must have been maybe 7-8 years since the start but these cunts had their own language. 

4 hours ago, TDYER63 said:

Watched 3 episodes of the new series of Dexter. Not sure if I have a rose tinted memories of the previous series or if it just isnt very good. My favourite character was Deb and her part in the current series has been pretty disappointing. Hopefully it will improve. 

Watched the second series of Guilt, was ok. Only 3 or 4 episodes. I like Mark Bonnar. 

Started Borgen. Its ok too but more of a filler I think than something I am desperate to watch.

Apart from Succession there is nothing that is blowing my skirt up at the moment. Might try Squid Games. 

After 2 series dexter just got stupid, same as prison break.

17 hours ago, chaff said:

After 2 series dexter just got stupid, same as prison break.

Yeah the plot lines are ridiculous but I liked it. It was years ago right enough and have seen so many good shows since. I will probably see the series out but should perhaps should  have left alone. 

probably when they give nobel prizes to men instead of woman, cause the assumption was women couldn't have possibly have done the work. Franklin, Noether,Burnell, Meitner et al

Obviously not as egregious as a ghostbusters remake mind you.

in good company though

"A Tory MP has linked young men turning to crime to women playing traditionally male roles in TV and film.

Nick Fletcher said "female replacements" in shows like Doctor Who were robbing boys of good role models.

The only characters they had to look up to were gangsters the Krays and Tommy Shelby from Peaky Blinders, he said.

"Is there any wonder we are seeing so many young men committing crime?," he asked MPs taking part in a debate on International Men's Day."

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-59421259

One of my criticisms of Dexter is the ridiculous lengths it has gone to be PC . In the first episode the characters we have are a native Indian chief police officer, a black guy, a woman in a wheelchair, a gay gun store owner who has adopted  a rescue  dog with his partner, a woman’s refuge in a town that has about 200 people, young folk protesting against the local oil baron and a nasty hedge fund manager who is of course the baddie 😂

It is all a bit tick box and is actually more unbelievable than the storyline which is at least supposed to be unbelievable. 

On 11/24/2021 at 12:21 PM, TDYER63 said:

Succession is v good agree

some great characters ; matthew macf prob my favourite

latest series of narcos mexico dragged on , and bit lacking

not much else on

On 11/24/2021 at 12:59 AM, chaff said:

I used to watch it on amc “live” each sunday ; but then went totally cold turkey when they arrived at the terminus / baseball over the head bit - eating the guys foot …. I thought this is pushing it too far : )