Series Worth Watching - Page 67 - Anything Goes - Other topics not covered elsewhere - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Series Worth Watching

8 hours ago, Lamia said:

You obviously didn't investigate enough then - there are loads of different types of series. 

Oh I tried. Who does not want to be entertained. Starting watching many different programs and they were all the same, pushing an agenda. Eventually I realized I had not logged in in over a month so just binned it.

Even series which started really well turned to the usual tedious predictable social engineering projects. It is not just Netflix to be fair, the BBC are horrendous for it as well.

Not sure if it was Netflix but Game of Thrones was brilliant to begin with and by about mid way through series 4 I started to find it unwatchable, usual reasons.

The Last Kingdom, which I really loved is sadly now the same. Stalled half way through the last series and find myself switching it off after 20 mins now. Same story.

Hollywood has not made a movie I would watch in years. I can pretty much get anything I want for free and I still don't watch it! Occasionally one slips under the radar but so few none spring quickly to mind. Just take the Star Wars franchise for one small example. Who watches that utter arse gravy. Utterly ruined.

I would really like to find something better than Netflix. I'd like something that specializes in sub-titled or dubbed non-US made stuff (which is almost universally garbage these days). No surprises for me this Squid Games was made outside the US. That Italian Mafia one was very good as well and held its integrity pretty much throughout.

Looks like I'll have to wait a bit for my IPTV provider to get Squid Games though.

edit: just checked and no Squid Games. A few Squirt related movies in the adult section is all that came up. 😀 

Edited by thplinth

30 minutes ago, thplinth said:

Oh I tried. Who does not want to be entertained. Starting watching many different programs and they were all the same, pushing an agenda. Eventually I realized I had not logged in in over a month so just binned it.

Even series which started really well turned to the usual tedious predictable social engineering projects. It is not just Netflix to be fair, the BBC are horrendous for it as well.

Not sure if it was Netflix but Game of Thrones was brilliant to begin with and by about mid way through series 4 I started to find it unwatchable, usual reasons.

The Last Kingdom, which I really loved is sadly now the same. Stalled half way through the last series and find myself switching it off after 20 mins now. Same story.

Hollywood has not made a movie I would watch in years. I can pretty much get anything I want for free and I still don't watch it! Occasionally one slips under the radar but so few none spring quickly to mind. Just take the Star Wars franchise for one small example. Who watches that utter arse gravy. Utterly ruined.

I would really like to find something better than Netflix. I'd like something that specializes in sub-titled or dubbed non-US made stuff (which is almost universally garbage these days). No surprises for me this Squid Games was made outside the US. That Italian Mafia one was very good as well and held its integrity pretty much throughout.

Looks like I'll have to wait a bit for my IPTV provider to get Squid Games though.

edit: just checked and no Squid Games. A few Squirt related movies in the adult section is all that came up. 😀 

There are loads of subtitled series on Netflix 

On 10/6/2021 at 5:17 PM, Lamia said:

Just finished watching Maid on Netflix - a cheery little ditty! 🤨😆

Michelle is watching this at the moment, I'm dipping in and out whilst doing other things. On episode 4 it's starting to feel a bit over stretched. Ten episodes could be 8.

Just now, thplinth said:

Humour does not transmit through type Chaff. My last post proves that. lol.

It just doesn't!

You've been grumpy on other threads too.

I fear that you're displaying an angst that can be attributed to too much social media.

Ye know I'm here for ye 😉

‘Dark’ is one of the best things I have seen on Netflix and its content is suitable for haters of all things woke. As is the Bulgarian show Undercover ( not to be confused with a Belgian show the the same name ) , but it  doesn’t seem to be on any of the main streaming sites just now. 

Just finished The Undoing.

😕, stuck with it as it was only 6 episodes but found the 2 main actors, Hugh Grant and Nicole Kidman, pretty crap. What is the appeal of Hugh Grant, I have never quite got the hype.

Kidman murders ‘Dream A Little Dream of Me’ in the theme tune as well , for some reason you couldn’t skip it so had to endure the pain every episode.

She looks fantastic though . 

On 11/6/2021 at 11:17 AM, TDYER63 said:

‘Dark’ is one of the best things I have seen on Netflix and its content is suitable for haters of all things woke. As is the Bulgarian show Undercover ( not to be confused with a Belgian show the the same name ) , but it  doesn’t seem to be on any of the main streaming sites just now. 

Just finished The Undoing.

😕, stuck with it as it was only 6 episodes but found the 2 main actors, Hugh Grant and Nicole Kidman, pretty crap. What is the appeal of Hugh Grant, I have never quite got the hype.

Kidman murders ‘Dream A Little Dream of Me’ in the theme tune as well , for some reason you couldn’t skip it so had to endure the pain every episode.

She looks fantastic though . 

Believe it or not I actually spent a few hours drinking with Hugh Grant after a Fulham game a few years ago. He's a really nice guy, very down to earth. Interestingly he admitted to 'stealing a living as an actor,' 😂

22 minutes ago, slasher said:

Believe it or not I actually spent a few hours drinking with Hugh Grant after a Fulham game a few years ago. He's a really nice guy, very down to earth. Interestingly he admitted to 'stealing a living as an actor,' 😂

Hey, check you and your name dropping 😁  Were you sounding him out for a part in Steelmen. 

I am sure he is a nice guy, it is his acting I dont rate too highly, though by the sounds of it he knows that himself . My acting isnt too great either, though still better than my singing .
He is just too stereotyped, it was hard to take him serious in this programme. 

12 minutes ago, TDYER63 said:

Hey, check you and your name dropping 😁  Were you sounding him out for a part in Steelmen. 

I am sure he is a nice guy, it is his acting I dont rate too highly, though by the sounds of it he knows that himself . My acting isnt too great either, though still better than my singing .

He's really good in the latest Guy Ritchie film The Gentlmen and doesn't play his usual toff character in that.

22 minutes ago, Fairbairn said:

He's really good in the latest Guy Ritchie film The Gentlmen and doesn't play his usual toff character in that.

It could well be the toff accent that stereotypes him, though I don’t particularly like Guy Ritchie’s work so would probably hate him in that film but for a different reason 😁

There is so much choice these days . I used to be happy watching anything but the high standard of some shows makes me really picky. 
I came across this the other day. My favourite pre school programme . Oh for those days again 😂

1 hour ago, TDYER63 said:

This was quite a few years ago, we were down for a family christening. Mrs Slasher's uncle (sadly no longer with us) was very 'well to do' and lived in Hammersmith. A few of the guys had season tickets for the cottage and we all went along to Fulham vs Southampton I think and then went for beers afterwards. Hugh Grant came in with a couple of other guys and sat at our table. I told him up in Scotland, he'd be known as Shug. He said he 'rather liked that' and so Shug he was for the rest of the night. We spent a few hours on the beer and then switched to red wine. Just before he left he bought a rather expensive Italian red, drank half a glass from it and left us with the rest. 

Top guy is oor Shug, I won't hear a word against him lol 😂

1 hour ago, slasher said:

This was quite a few years ago, we were down for a family christening. Mrs Slasher's uncle (sadly no longer with us) was very 'well to do' and lived in Hammersmith. A few of the guys had season tickets for the cottage and we all went along to Fulham vs Southampton I think and then went for beers afterwards. Hugh Grant came in with a couple of other guys and sat at our table. I told him up in Scotland, he'd be known as Shug. He said he 'rather liked that' and so Shug he was for the rest of the night. We spent a few hours on the beer and then switched to red wine. Just before he left he bought a rather expensive Italian red, drank half a glass from it and left us with the rest. 

Top guy is oor Shug, I won't hear a word against him lol 😂

😁Shug Grant conjures a slightly different image. 
I can actually hear him saying ‘ I rather like that ‘  😁
He would be a top guy in my book too if he left a bottle of expensive wine.
Nice story 👍

• 2 weeks later...