Series Worth Watching - Page 65 - Anything Goes - Other topics not covered elsewhere - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Series Worth Watching

3 hours ago, vanderark14 said:

New series of billions is out and the new series of succession starts this month. 

That's me sorted for a while

Half way through Vigil, it's shite but for some reason I need to finish it.

Tidys top top : Get out after episode 5 and save an hour of your life you will never get back. 

3 hours ago, duncan II said:

Don’t know if you ever attempted to watch Annika but I gave up on episode 1 of that because of this very issue. Can’t remember character’s name but he was kind of the main male role. Accent was awful, so obviously slowed down to try and make himself more understandable but sounded weird and fake.

No, never tried Annika. Thanks for the heads up. 

17 hours ago, chaff said:

Started this yesterday, started slow then fuckin boom. Superb

Episode 6 had me fully engrossed in what essentially was a really boring game on the face of it but how each pairing dealt with it and depth of character was absolutely riveting.  The penultimate game is absolutely insane too. 

8 hours ago, ThistleWhistle said:

Episode 6 had me fully engrossed in what essentially was a really boring game on the face of it but how each pairing dealt with it and depth of character was absolutely riveting.  The penultimate game is absolutely insane too. 

Just starting episode 4. What sick fuckers come up with these things?

4 hours ago, ThistleWhistle said:

Absolutely brilliant aye.  Currency exchanged the prize fund and it works out £28m - I struggle bothering my arse buy a Euromillions for that!    

We did the same. Couldn't be arsed typing 46 billion into XE so just googled it.

Great TV look forward to the next series if they make one

22 hours ago, Fairbairn said:

Watched the first episode of Ridley Road in iPlayer last night.  Decent start and looks like it might be good.

Ridley Road looks promising 👍

Currently rewatching the Sopranos after many years. I had forgotten how funny some of it is. Great banter and very clever. 

2 hours ago, chaff said:

It's a weird one, it feels like a teen drama, something I'd avoid like the COVID but is saved by the fact it's in Norwegian.

The Norwegian element of Lilyhammer makes it an interesting watch too if you’ve not seen that.  Only watched the first series and it was really decent but haven’t gone onto the second as wasn’t convinced it wouldn’t just be cashing in on the success of the first.  Got a fourth series recently though after a long break due to contractual stuff and good reviews so probably going give it a go:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ehM6DHhqTWM

Got a soft spot for Norwegian stuff after watching Dag on Sky Arts – the finale of series 4 is probably the cleverest ending to a series I’ve ever seen.  Can’t find it anywhere now though other than stupidly priced on DVD unfortunately. 

3 hours ago, ThistleWhistle said:

The Norwegian element of Lilyhammer makes it an interesting watch too if you’ve not seen that.  Only watched the first series and it was really decent but haven’t gone onto the second as wasn’t convinced it wouldn’t just be cashing in on the success of the first.  Got a fourth series recently though after a long break due to contractual stuff and good reviews so probably going give it a go:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ehM6DHhqTWM

Got a soft spot for Norwegian stuff after watching Dag on Sky Arts – the finale of series 4 is probably the cleverest ending to a series I’ve ever seen.  Can’t find it anywhere now though other than stupidly priced on DVD unfortunately. 

I watched the first 2 lilyhammer series, don't know why I stopped watching, really good too.