Series Worth Watching - Page 61 - Anything Goes - Other topics not covered elsewhere - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Series Worth Watching

15 hours ago, slasher said:

Fuck sake! 😳

I must admit I didnt see that coming! 

Yeah mind reading the book and thinking did that just happen!! In the next season there is another shock I believe, and that was the beauty - never saw it coming.

On 5/9/2021 at 7:34 AM, Hertsscot said:

Anyone else watching Il cacciatore (the hunter) on more4?  Good Italian drama based on true events about tackling the mafia.

Yeah that was decent. Cant remember what channel it was on but there was a similar series a few years ago about Salvatore Riina which was good. Italian, very similar and probably the same TV company 

Godfather of harlem is probably one of my top 10 already. Having visited Harlem in 2 different eras I suppose you could say I have an interest. Brilliant series and actually having to wait on new episodes is probably only making it even better instead of binge watching till yar eyes bleed! 

Anyway I recommend. Available on prime although I streamed via an illegal website that actually doesn't exist 🤔

• 2 weeks later...

Bosch on Amazon Prime is well worth a look. LA set police drama based on the Michael Connelly novels. There are 6 seasons on there at the moment with the seventh and final season being released on June 25th. Hieronymus Bosch - great character.

2 hours ago, morrie21 said:

Bosch on Amazon Prime is well worth a look. LA set police drama based on the Michael Connelly novels. There are 6 seasons on there at the moment with the seventh and final season being released on June 25th. Hieronymus Bosch - great character.

Bosch is great. I didnt realise another series was being released so thanks for that 👍

On 5/9/2021 at 7:34 AM, Hertsscot said:

Anyone else watching Il cacciatore (the hunter) on more4?  Good Italian drama based on true events about tackling the mafia.

and one of the main characters, Giovanni Brusca, not a pleasant human being has just been released today after 25 years inside. 

2 hours ago, dj mick said:

I've just discovered the Sopranos, never fancied it before but i was bored one night and took the plunge,,binging the fecker noo!

Only watched it last year, one of the best series ever. 

7 minutes ago, TDYER63 said:

Watched the first episode of Time , on Iplayer. Very good. Only 3 episodes. Sean Bean and Stephen Graham are main characters. 

Will get to this eventuality, always like Jimmy McGovern stuff.

On 4/14/2021 at 10:37 AM, glasgow jock said:

I'm way behind all you lads & lassies - the wife and I have just binged on Breaking Bad, really enjoyed it and had some great actors in the show.

I have noted it always get nominated in the top 3 TV series of all time, in my opinion that's a bit generous, doesn't come close to Soprano's, The Wire, Twin Peaks etc etc ??

We’re down to the last 5 episodes of Breaking Bad - it’s good, with well created characters but to justify a claim as the best TV ever would be a stretch. Watched all series of Spiral prior to this and I prefer it  - more characters it’s possible to like compared with BB…

• 1 month later...

High, confessions of an Ibiza drug mule is an interesting watch. Done in the style of Banged up Abroad it’s the story of the Peru Two told by the Irish girl, no input from the Scottish lass tho which implies to me she was a willing party or certainly more savvy to the situation they were in. 

On 6/7/2021 at 7:22 PM, dj mick said:

I've just discovered the Sopranos, never fancied it before but i was bored one night and took the plunge,,binging the fecker noo!

Perfect timing.  There's a prequel film due out in October, The Many Saints of Newark, and it looks pretty good. James Gandolfini's son, Michael, plays the young Tony Soprano. 

9 minutes ago, Fairbairn said:

Perfect timing.  There's a prequel film due out in October, The Many Saints of Newark, and it looks pretty good. James Gandolfini's son, Michael, plays the young Tony Soprano. 

I heard that, can't wait for that,, Tony Soprano as a young un!! one can only imagine the scenarios,,

• 2 weeks later...
58 minutes ago, Lamia said:

I have been watching Schitt's Creek and I really like it. It is distracting me from the real shit going and and it is just nice really!

Was my saviour during lockdown. Loved it and genuinely missed it when it finished.