Series Worth Watching - Page 55 - Anything Goes - Other topics not covered elsewhere - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Series Worth Watching

19 minutes ago, slasher said:

Can't say I noticed any particularly bad acting Tidy but I'll take your word for it 👍

On another note I'm glad I persisted with the West Wing, seasons 4 & 5 were outstanding and I have thoroughly enjoyed it without rushing home to see the next one if that makes sense. 

I have watched 5 out the 6 episodes now and shit accents  aside it is very good 😊 Hopefully finish it tonight.

Yes, have been pleasantly surprised with how I am enjoying the West Wing now too that Mandy has gone. Only on Season 2 but getting close to the end of it. Most of the characters are very likeable, its actually difficult to choose a favourite they are all quite different.

I thought I recognised Leo from something else and when I had a look on google he was in LA Law, one of my favourite TV programmes when I was in my 20’s. 

15 minutes ago, TDYER63 said:

I have watched 5 out the 6 episodes now and shit accents  aside it is very good 😊 Hopefully finish it tonight.

Yes, have been pleasantly surprised with how I am enjoying the West Wing now too that Mandy has gone. Only on Season 2 but getting close to the end of it. Most of the characters are very likeable, its actually difficult to choose a favourite they are all quite different.

I thought I recognised Leo from something else and when I had a look on google he was in LA Law, one of my favourite TV programmes when I was in my 20’s. 

Forgot to say I've parked This Is Us at season 4. God knows when I'll have time for the 2 hour special that ushers it in 😳 

Aye LA Law was great.... no as good as This Life but 😜

12 minutes ago, slasher said:

Forgot to say I've parked This Is Us at season 4. God knows when I'll have time for the 2 hour special that ushers it in 😳 

Aye LA Law was great.... no as good as This Life but 😜

This Life ! OMG that was great too,  I was in love with Miles 😍 

Funnily enough Corbin Bernsen was in an episode of West Wing I watched the other night.

You are not missing much with This Is Us. Not enjoying S5 quite as much 😕

I'm going to recommend 2 series again to see if there's any takers this time.

Home for Christmas.
Norwegian series on Netflix. Better watched with subtitles than dubbed but only 30 minutes per episode. @TDYER63 I think you'll like this one.

Ray Donovan. 
This is on Sky Atlantic On Demand. It's not about the mob but there's lots of similarities to The Sopranos. I'm on the last series of seven and apart from one series have really enjoyed it.

As with a lot of series you maybe need to watch a couple before making up your mind. Would be interested in other people's views on either of these.

55 minutes ago, TDYER63 said:

West Wing was very good but there a few characters that were annoying as fuck and some of the scenes were excruciatingly cringeworthy.  Charlie, the reporter Danny and the lad Will that later appeared were all twats. 👍

Other than that, very good. 

1 hour ago, slasher said:

Can't say I noticed any particularly bad acting Tidy but I'll take your word for it 👍

On another note I'm glad I persisted with the West Wing, seasons 4 & 5 were outstanding and I have thoroughly enjoyed it without rushing home to see the next one if that makes sense. 

I agree with tidy, the 'Dutch' guy was pretty bad and sounded a bit like Shteeeve McLaren or Goldmember from Austin Powers ( schmoke and a pehncake) 

34 minutes ago, Tiny Tim said:

I'm going to recommend 2 series again to see if there's any takers this time.

Home for Christmas.
Norwegian series on Netflix. Better watched with subtitles than dubbed but only 30 minutes per episode. @TDYER63 I think you'll like this one.

Ray Donovan. 
This is on Sky Atlantic On Demand. It's not about the mob but there's lots of similarities to The Sopranos. I'm on the last series of seven and apart from one series have really enjoyed it.

As with a lot of series you maybe need to watch a couple before making up your mind. Would be interested in other people's views on either of these.

Will try Home for Christmas next. The tortoise will need to wait as I still dont have Sky.

19 minutes ago, Jim Beem said:

West Wing was very good but there a few characters that were annoying as fuck and some of the scenes were excruciatingly cringeworthy.  Charlie, the reporter Danny and the lad Will that later appeared were all twats. 👍

Other than that, very good. 

Funnily enough one of my least favourite is Elisabeth Moss and I really like her in any other shows I have seen her in.

It is a bit cheesy at times but I dont mind , I am a wee bit soft that way , just so long as its not cringy all the time. I like Donna, she makes me laugh. CJ doing The Jackal was entertaining. 

21 minutes ago, Jim Beem said:

I agree with tidy, the 'Dutch' guy was pretty bad and sounded a bit like Shteeeve McLaren or Goldmember from Austin Powers ( schmoke and a pehncake) 

perfectly summed up 👍

1 minute ago, TDYER63 said:

Will try Home for Christmas next. The tortoise will need to wait as I still dont have Sky.

Funnily enough one of my least favourite is Elisabeth Moss and I really like her in any other shows I have seen her in.

It is a bit cheesy at times but I dont mind , I am a wee bit soft that way , just so long as its not cringy all the time. I like Donna, she makes me laugh. CJ doing The Jackal was entertaining. 

perfectly summed up 👍

I liked CJ, strangely hot as well. Leo was by far the best character. 

1 hour ago, slasher said:

Forgot to say I've parked This Is Us at season 4.  

1 hour ago, TDYER63 said:

You are not missing much with This Is Us. Not enjoying S5 quite as much 😕

Just started watching this last week - We are on S2 episode 4.

What a brilliantly written / acted story - Although I have been wondering when the enjoyment would shift

Looks like end of S4 according to you guys.....

2 hours ago, Redz said:

Just started watching this last week - We are on S2 episode 4.

What a brilliantly written / acted story - Although I have been wondering when the enjoyment would shift

Looks like end of S4 according to you guys.....

I thought the first 4 series were brilliant. It is a bit cheesy at times but the way they weave the storyline together is so clever it more than makes up for the cheese.  I am not sure what it is about S5 that I am not enjoying quite as much. Covid has affected the filming and because of that they probably cant mix the actors too much and therefore each individual episode is  built more round one of the triplets rather than jumping between the 3 of them which is what I like best. Its ok and I will still watch it, it’s just not as interesting at the moment IMO . 

54 minutes ago, EddardStark said:

Never watched Life on Mars. Now watching it. Worth watching just for the music. 

The follow up Ashes to Ashes was much better imo. I couldn't finish Life on Mars and chucked it halfway through. 

36 minutes ago, slasher said:

The follow up Ashes to Ashes was much better imo. I couldn't finish Life on Mars and chucked it halfway through. 

Watched and enjoyed both of them towards the end of last year, it was only in the last couple of episodes of ashes to ashes I sussed it.

5 hours ago, slasher said:

I felt the opposite and i actually watched them back to front for some reason. I think I just felt more nostalgic towards  Life on Mars , but they were both great. 

On 12/29/2020 at 10:05 PM, killiefaetheferry said:

Loving Schitt's Creek. How's your Moira impression? I killed the staff room with mine. My David is quite good too.

Watched the episode last night where Johnny and Moira were buying a car. I can honestly say I havent laughed so much since before I was married 😁 The tears were actually rolling  down my cheeks . I thought that only happened in movies. 

21 hours ago, vanderark14 said:

Cobra Kai is great for nostalgia and switching off the brain.

NO MERCY 🤣🤣🤣

I loved the first series when it came out on Youtube TV. But starting the second series once Netflix grabbed it, I had to turn off after episode 2. It went from that incredible first season to utter gash bollocks in the second so fast. 

31 minutes ago, bonzo said:

The Serpent .... it 👍

It's a Sin was fantastic on C4.

I didn't find the subject matter easy because of how I grew up but how those lads were treated was disgusting and the program shone a light on their treatment as well as prejudices of today and yesterday. 

16 minutes ago, slasher said:

It's a Sin was fantastic on C4.

I didn't find the subject matter easy because of how I grew up but how those lads were treated was disgusting and the program shone a light on their treatment as well as prejudices of today and yesterday. 

Lost me a bit?