Series Worth Watching - Page 54 - Anything Goes - Other topics not covered elsewhere - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Series Worth Watching

1 hour ago, dan cake said:

Have you watched Braquo? It’s a dirtier/sleazier version of Spiral, complete with an even dirtier looking female officer 

Braquo is superb, have mentioned it on here a few times beforw. Eddy Caplan is the best anti-hero in TV history. If you like Braquo check out the movie Rogue City on Netflix. Like a feature length episode of Braquo - very very dark.

8 minutes ago, morrie21 said:

Braquo is superb, have mentioned it on here a few times beforw. Eddy Caplan is the best anti-hero in TV history. If you like Braquo check out the movie Rogue City on Netflix. Like a feature length episode of Braquo - very very dark.

That was good. Seen Polisse a few years ago which was better though. IMO. About the Child Protection Police in Paris, pretty grim stuff but an excellent film. 

2 hours ago, Fairbairn said:

3 episodes in and really enjoying The Queens Gambit. It’s about a female chess protege in the 50s and a lot more entertaining than the subject matter suggests! 

Yeah, much better than the theme suggests. Love how back then they just wrote notes and kids picked up the cigs!!

3 hours ago, Fairbairn said:

3 episodes in and really enjoying The Queens Gambit. It’s about a female chess protege in the 50s and a lot more entertaining than the subject matter suggests! 

It's good!

On 12/31/2020 at 3:59 PM, dan cake said:

Great series, Audrey Fleurot always has my full attention. Genuinely can’t think of a more attractive redhead 

Have been watching this after reading about in on here previously. I am enjoying it though I am only a few episodes in. I like the pace. Fast enough to keep you interested but not jumping all over the place like some other programmes. 
Being a red head myself I would suggest a young Nicole Kidman was perhaps prettier, but I would gladly swap my face and body with either of them 😕

On 12/31/2020 at 4:06 PM, dan cake said:

Death to 2020

Utter shite, I’m guessing it’s aimed at an American audience. Charlie Brookers stuff usually very good but this is awful 

Thanks for saving me from watching it. Was going to give it a go as it was Charlie Brooker. Have just finished Black Mirror which was great. I felt the earlier episodes were better but not sure whether its because I had become more familiar with the concept by the time I watched the last series. 

16 minutes ago, dan cake said:

Nae idea what happened there but Ms Kidman always looks like she could do with a plate of mince and tatties

Yeah , she can look a bit thin particularly these days , no idea why these film stars think stick thin is a good look. But she was very pretty when younger. 

82D8BD27-8709-4459-8B25-B65AB94C4E5E.thumb.jpeg.072a00c47e1735cc95b07bf6f823813a.jpeg

9B9E17AA-443E-49E2-B577-8E846CDD041B.thumb.jpeg.6df7f69f2c6a9ba4963eea1e94e5e97f.jpeg

6 hours ago, TDYER63 said:

Yeah , she can look a bit thin particularly these days , no idea why these film stars think stick thin is a good look. But she was very pretty when younger. 

82D8BD27-8709-4459-8B25-B65AB94C4E5E.thumb.jpeg.072a00c47e1735cc95b07bf6f823813a.jpeg

9B9E17AA-443E-49E2-B577-8E846CDD041B.thumb.jpeg.6df7f69f2c6a9ba4963eea1e94e5e97f.jpeg

Bonnie lass but defo needs a few doughnuts, sausages, cream buns etc. Further marks deducted for marrying that bell-end Cruise. 

6 minutes ago, Jim Beem said:

Bonnie lass but defo needs a few doughnuts, sausages, cream buns etc. Further marks deducted for marrying that bell-end Cruise. 

I didnt think she looked thin at all in those pics, my good sturdy legs might be an attractive quality after all 🙂

I just remembered Audrey Fleurot was in The Intouchables. That is a great film for anyone who hasnt seen it.  

• 2 weeks later...
On 1/11/2021 at 8:44 AM, slasher said:

Just finished The Serpent on iplayer which was terrific. Sometimes truth is stranger than fiction, well worth a watch 👍

I am enjoying the story but some of the acting is bad. Dutch guy and his wife particularly, their accents are awful . Tim McInnerny is pretty poor too. But I am 3 episodes in and is worth watching . 

7 hours ago, ParisInAKilt said:

The Stand remake trailer looked shite 

My favourite book.  I reckon I've read it about 4-5 times now, the most recent being just before Covid came along! :eek:

I always felt it would be better as a trilogy of films and think that was what was originally planned.  Not sure why it changed to a series.  From watching the trailer it looks like they've taken some artistic license with a few of the characters too.  Stil, it has to be better than the awful 90s mini series with Rob Lowe, Gary Sinise and Molly Ringwald!

5 minutes ago, Fairbairn said:

My favourite book.  I reckon I've read it about 4-5 times now, the most recent being just before Covid came along! :eek:

I always felt it would be better as a trilogy of films and think that was what was originally planned.  Not sure why it changed to a series.  From watching the trailer it looks like they've taken some artistic license with a few of the characters too.  Stil, it has to be better than the awful 90s mini series with Rob Lowe, Gary Sinise and Molly Ringwald!

I loved the original min series 😂😂😂 Gary Sinise is brilliant as Stu, although don’t know how well it’s aged. Mind watching in on Sky as a kid and being scared of the crows walking to school on a Monday morning haha. 

Aye the book is brilliant, might be a good time to read it again. 

On 1/14/2021 at 2:53 PM, TDYER63 said:

I am enjoying the story but some of the acting is bad. Dutch guy and his wife particularly, their accents are awful . Tim McInnerny is pretty poor too. But I am 3 episodes in and is worth watching . 

Can't say I noticed any particularly bad acting Tidy but I'll take your word for it 👍

On another note I'm glad I persisted with the West Wing, seasons 4 & 5 were outstanding and I have thoroughly enjoyed it without rushing home to see the next one if that makes sense.