Series Worth Watching - Page 49 - Anything Goes - Other topics not covered elsewhere - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Series Worth Watching

On 7/29/2020 at 7:23 PM, Jim Beem said:

Good shout that Eddard. Watched the first two last night and will binge more tonight. I noticed it was the same two guys that were behind The Wire 👍

Any idea where I can see this?  Loved The Wire to the extent that I've watched it all the through 4 times in about 10 years so interested in this.

Quite enjoyed season 1 of Little Fires Everywhere on Prime. Not so enjoyable was season 3 of the Sinner. If they do a fourth I'm not sure I'll bother. 👎

Edit to ask, can you watch the Sky Atlantic stuff on some other forum? 

Edited by slasher

1 hour ago, Fairbairn said:

Any idea where I can see this?  Loved The Wire to the extent that I've watched it all the through 4 times in about 10 years so interested in this.

I think its on HBO so you need Sky. Or you could sign up to Now Tv as they have HBO.  I got a really good 3 month deal from Now tv when the final series of Game of Thrones came out and I watched Chernobyl on it too so was worth it. I just cancelled it afterwards. 
There may be some way of streaming  it for free but that is beyond my technical ability. 

4 hours ago, Fairbairn said:

It was the Sky Atlantic channel. One of the very few decent channels Sky has and screens the HBO stuff which for some reason always seems to have made most of the decent US stuff.

On 8/1/2020 at 6:00 PM, COLT NY said:

Seven Seconds on Netflix

The Marvellous Mrs Maisel on Prime.... Really surprised by how much I enjoyed that series

7 seconds was excellent, one of the best things I've watched for a while. 

If you like reality TV married at first sight Australia is fuckin hilarious 🤣

Finished the 3rd and final season of Dark. My brain is bursting. If I am honest I probably didnt understand half of what was going,  but I really enjoyed it. Probably one of those programmes where a second viewing would help understand it more. If you struggled keeping up with the different families in Game of Thrones you can forget it . 

If on the other hand you understand this,  or the subject interests you , then you will probably enjoy it. 

‘What is reality? And is there only one of them? Or do several realities co-exist? To help explain, Erwin Schroedinger devised an extremely interesting thought experiment. Schroedinger’s cat. A cat is locked in a steel chamber with a tiny amount of radioactive substance, a Geiger counter, a vial of poison, and a hammer. As soon as a radioactive atom decays inside the steel chamber, the Geiger counter releases the hammer, which smashes the vial of poison. The cat is dead.

However, due to the wave characteristics in the quantum world, the atom has both decayed and not decayed, until our own observation forces it into a definitive state. Until the instant we look and see, we don’t know if the cat is dead or alive. It exists in two superimposed states. The properties “dead” and “alive” therefore exist simultaneously in the microcosm.

But what if the simultaneous existence of life and death also applied to the macrocosmic world? Could two different realities potentially exist side by side? Could we manage to split time and allow it to run in two opposing directions? And by doing so, allow the cat to simultaneously exist in both states, dead and alive? And if so, how many different realities could exist side by side?’ 

1 hour ago, Tiny Tim said:

Started watching 7 seconds after seeing it mentioned on here. It’s very good.

Not so good is Reckoning on Netflix. I enjoyed the first few episodes but it fell away badly.

I started 7 seconds last night. Have only watched 2 episodes but enjoying it so far. 

10 hours ago, Tiny Tim said:

Just finished it. One of the best series I’ve watched in a long time. Quite emotional in parts.

I watched episodes 6 and 7 last night so I think there is only one left. It has been much better than I expected, I thought it may be overly schmalzy because of the subject matter  but its not. There are some good characters and acting. Fish is great. 
Funnily enough when I finished watching it last night I had a look on here as sometimes there is a wee Friday night party going on in This Board Needs Tunes and I always miss it 🙂
I was just about to respond to Fringo’s ‘ Ooh er matron’ when a notification came on from @Debian, which transported me to a thread in the non TA section I had never been on. I was quite excited.  Until,   that is, I realised I was on a hitlist of board members that gave his post a googly eyed emoticon.  I had had 2 large glasses of wine and couldnt work out what the issue was, I had to wait till this morning to work it out 😂

29 minutes ago, TDYER63 said:

I watched episodes 6 and 7 last night so I think there is only one left. It has been much better than I expected, I thought it may be overly schmalzy because of the subject matter  but its not. There are some good characters and acting. Fish is great. 
Funnily enough when I finished watching it last night I had a look on here as sometimes there is a wee Friday night party going on in This Board Needs Tunes and I always miss it 🙂
I was just about to respond to Fringo’s ‘ Ooh er matron’ when a notification came on from @Debian, which transported me to a thread in the non TA section I had never been on. I was quite excited.  Until,   that is, I realised I was on a hitlist of board members that gave his post a googly eyed emoticon.  I had had 2 large glasses of wine and couldnt work out what the issue was, I had to wait till this morning to work it out 😂

Lowenbrau Oktoberfest on the Perfectdraft is my excuse. 🤗

32 minutes ago, TDYER63 said:

There's 10 episodes! I stayed up late the other night thinking there'd only be 8 then had to leave it and watch the other 2 last night. I recommended it to a guy at work and he said he'd seen it a couple of years ago and had recommended it to me 😆 I didn't realise it had been out for that long. Anyway, good series so thanks Slasher.

You do well staying away from the non TA section, there's some insecure and angry people there. I keep getting accused too of posting googly eyes 🤣 I've never posted one in my life! I'm a happy person and only post laughs, hearts and thank yous. Be a good thing if they did away with them altogether or maybe make who posted them visible. It might help make this place a bit friendlier?

3 minutes ago, Debian said:

Lowenbrau Oktoberfest on the Perfectdraft is my excuse. 🤗

😂  having a husband that also has one of those machines and who went to bed last night in a huff and before the end of the TV programme,  due to one too many Leffe Brune, I can completely understand . 

4 minutes ago, Tiny Tim said:

There's 10 episodes! I stayed up late the other night thinking there'd only be 8 then had to leave it and watch the other 2 last night. I recommended it to a guy at work and he said he'd seen it a couple of years ago and had recommended it to me 😆 I didn't realise it had been out for that long. Anyway, good series so thanks Slasher.

You do well staying away from the non TA section, there's some insecure and angry people there. I keep getting accused too of posting googly eyes 🤣 I've never posted one in my life! I'm a happy person and only post laughs, hearts and thank yous. Be a good thing if they did away with them altogether or maybe make who posted them visible. It might help make this place a bit friendlier?

I am glad you told me else I would have done the same as you, last night’s episode felt as though things we getting tied up so I just assumed there was 8 episodes. 

On the googly eyes, I posted one a long time ago,  instantly felt a coward,  and never posted one since. If you cannot challenge someone openly about something then do not hide behind an emoticon. 

I am no sure if the person who posted the googly eye was being serious or funny, but it made me laugh anyway 😂

I am just away to check the timeline to see who it was 🏃‍♀️🏃‍♀️🏃‍♀️🏃‍♀️🏃‍♀️🏃‍♀️

449DF370-1DEE-4878-A63E-10C7AF11849F.thumb.png.5655f48f9996805defe046a81fd84964.png

7 hours ago, Fairbairn said:

Wisnae me!

😁 dont worry, I can barely post a pic on here never mind work out the timeline of a googly eyed lovin rascal ! 
I only mentioned you,  being a respectable member of the board, to highlight the fact that it had to be Tiny Tim 😁