Series Worth Watching - Page 47 - Anything Goes - Other topics not covered elsewhere - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Series Worth Watching

15 minutes ago, ErsatzThistle said:

I've been watching it too.

Really felt for the young lad who was training to be a train driver and was obviously very nervous with the cameras on him and kept making mistakes in his oral exam. Glad he qualified in the end though.

If the Olympics had a medal category for stating the friggin obvious that station manager called Drew would win the gold - "Aye, ye'd be lost without the railway at Glasgow Central" - you don't feckin say :-))

That guy who is the station tour guide tries far, far too hard. 

They do seem to be running out of ideas on what to cover with the Central Hotel which also can be a bit boring at times.

What I'd like to see more of is those who keep the tracks, the points, the signals etc in working order and learn more about the engineering involved.

I really miss being in and around Central Station in weather like this too with the sun streaming doon the big glass roof. :(

I am surprised they have even managed 2 series of it,  and yes, there is only so much they can dedicate to the hotel. 

I have only seen 4 episodes so far of series 2. I couldnt help smiling  at the wee boy of about 9 yrs who goes with his mum each week. He was so enthusiastic and informed about the trains. They should employ him , it might improve the service 🙂

I was bloody ragin I missed the 140th birthday party, I must have been off work that day cos I dont remember it at all. I would have remembered if they were giving out free cake. . 

6 hours ago, TDYER63 said:

I am surprised they have even managed 2 series of it,  and yes, there is only so much they can dedicate to the hotel. 

I have only seen 4 episodes so far of series 2. I couldnt help smiling  at the wee boy of about 9 yrs who goes with his mum each week. He was so enthusiastic and informed about the trains. They should employ him , it might improve the service 🙂

I was bloody ragin I missed the 140th birthday party, I must have been off work that day cos I dont remember it at all. I would have remembered if they were giving out free cake. . 

All the young trainspotters featured in both series have come across quite well. It's better to be out and about pursuing a hobby one cares a lot for rather than being slumped in a chair at home eating crisps and playing console games for hours on end. Mon the trainspotters !

I also like the three station workies who appear in almost all the episodes fixing the clocks and putting up the bunting. They are really down to earth lads. Probably the kind of guys who constantly use the words "fuck" and "cunt" in every sentence when the camera's aren't on and can't stand the high heid yins at the station. Mon the workies !

Edited by ErsatzThistle

I really enjoyed The Last Dance and it highlighted what a phenomenal player Jordan was.  I do think however that towards the end of it he was coming across as a bit of an arsehole and quite a bit of a bully to certain players over the years.  People seem to be of the mindset that it's somewhat acceptable because he's a winner etc but a bully is a bully in my book regardless.

17 hours ago, ErsatzThistle said:

All the young trainspotters featured in both series have come across quite well. It's better to be out and about pursuing a hobby one cares a lot for rather than being slumped in a chair at home eating crisps and playing console games for hours on end. Mon the trainspotters !

I also like the three station workies who appear in almost all the episodes fixing the clocks and putting up the bunting. They are really down to earth lads. Probably the kind of guys who constantly use the words "fuck" and "cunt" in every sentence when the camera's aren't on and can't stand the high heid yins at the station. Mon the workies !

The BBC didnt dwell too long on the protesters who are looking for the railways to be renationalised did they .....

1 hour ago, Fairbairn said:

I really enjoyed The Last Dance and it highlighted what a phenomenal player Jordan was.  I do think however that towards the end of it he was coming across as a bit of an arsehole and quite a bit of a bully to certain players over the years.  People seem to be of the mindset that it's somewhat acceptable because he's a winner etc but a bully is a bully in my book regardless.

It was a bit strange, I felt that some of the players were perhaps wanting to be more critical  of Jordan but were having to reel it in a bit. 
I thought Steve Kerr came out if it very well. 

28 minutes ago, TDYER63 said:

It was a bit strange, I felt that some of the players were perhaps wanting to be more critical  of Jordan but were having to reel it in a bit. 
I thought Steve Kerr came out if it very well. 

Have you seen Kerr’s record as a player and coach since he left the Bulls? It’s pretty impressive to say the least!! 

just finished watching "The Terror" on Amazon - wouldnt rate as "good" really , but always been interested in the Franklin Expedition , so stuck with it for the 10 episodes

goes quite well , until a bit of artistic licence is used to fill in the gaps / diary entries etc

had read a couple books about story in the past , and recall watching the documentary in early 80s where they uncovered a couple of the crew from the ice

spoiler alert .......

https://secretsoftheice.com/news/2019/10/28/franklin-expedition/

On 6/1/2020 at 5:19 PM, Fairbairn said:

Have you seen Kerr’s record as a player and coach since he left the Bulls? It’s pretty impressive to say the least!! 

I hadn’t noticed but took a look. His record as a coach in particular is very impressive.
In a way I am not surprised , he came over as smart and good with people. 

Downton Abbey completed. 

The finale was utter gash I have to say. It felt like a happily ever after tying up of loose ends. Unless the film has something better to offer I'm not sure I'll bother. 

That said, the rest of it was outstanding. So many parallels with today as well, what with global pandemics, war, racism and privilege. We've really not evolved much in the last 100 years. Anyway if like me you previously dismissed it as period drama pish, give it a go, you won't be disappointed 👍

3 hours ago, Rolling hIlls said:

Anybody know if Outlander has now finished?  Really enjoyed watching it on Amazon Prime but seems to be finished now.  Great series.

I think the 6th series will be aired next year. 

2 minutes ago, bonzo said:

I think the 6th series will be aired next year. 

Is it worth watching? Ive haf it my prime watch list for what seems like forever, i always find something else to watch.

On 5/18/2020 at 7:54 PM, Mox said:

I've started The Sopranos again, it is fucking glorious.

Never watched this the first time round but download it last weekend, watched the 1st series during the week thoroughly enjoyed it. Series 2 next week. 

1 minute ago, vanderark14 said:

Is it worth watching? Ive haf it my prime watch list for what seems like forever, i always find something else to watch.

Aye, especially the first 2 series. I'm on the 4th and I think it's dragging a wee bit now but it's the case of I've watched all these episodes I'm not giving up now. 

5 minutes ago, bonzo said:

Aye, especially the first 2 series. I'm on the 4th and I think it's dragging a wee bit now but it's the case of I've watched all these episodes I'm not giving up now. 

👍🏼👍🏼

27 minutes ago, vanderark14 said:

Utter garbage. Awful, awful acting. That’s if you can get past the silver spooned accents from the toff Scottish actors. 😏

Stupid women in the US love it though. That should be enough warning. 

Edited by WCTA

26 minutes ago, bonzo said:

Agree with this. I started losing interest when they went to America but kept at it. 
Watched one episide of this latest series but gave up. 

On 5/16/2020 at 12:46 PM, Farcity said:

The truth will out is available on All 4 Walter Presents thingy, might not help those abroad. It's Swedish murder drama, based on a true story which I prefer as truth is often stranger and more intriguing than fiction, well worth watching too. 

Some really good stuff on there .

Almost finished this. First couple of  episodes were a little slow though still interesting, but it got much better when you got into it. As you say, truth is often more intriguing  than fiction. 

• 2 weeks later...
On 6/18/2020 at 8:34 PM, Jim Beem said:

Sinner series 3 starts tomorrow 👍

Finished this. I enjoyed it. Thought the subject was interesting and it was well acted,  though sometimes  i just want  to shake Bill Pullman, his character can be both gripping and frustrating at times. 

Afterlife - by Ricky Gervais is really good. Second season is a little feel good but it's well done.

Speaking of feel good, we watched Marvellous last night.  It's a one off 90 minute TV film type thing.  It's absolutely brilliant. A certain Scotsman comes out of it very well.

I'm a bit late to the party on Sunderland 'Til I Die - it's really good though.

Ozark is also good but runs out of steam a little.

Edited by SMcoolJ