Series Worth Watching - Page 43 - Anything Goes - Other topics not covered elsewhere - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Series Worth Watching

42 minutes ago, wee_pammy_87 said:

Not started it yet! But on Netflix trials of Gabriel Fernandez looks good ( well not good due to the nature of his crime but you know what I mean) another true crime series

Was going to start watching that yesterday but decided against it. That kind of horrible shit makes me want tae cram my foot through the tele.Ā šŸ˜ž

On 7/29/2019 at 8:40 AM, vanderark14 said:

Started watching WACO last night...

Watch these... yeah they are both long but that is because they are documentaries and very interesting watching.Ā The second one is betterĀ but it isĀ better only if you have seen the earlier one first.

Ā 

Ā 

Edited by thplinth

10 hours ago, thplinth said:

Watch these... yeah they are both long but that is because they are documentaries and very interesting watching.Ā The second one is betterĀ but it isĀ better only if you have seen the earlier one first.

Ā 

Ā 

Cheers. Ill watch them later

On ā€Ž2ā€Ž/ā€Ž17ā€Ž/ā€Ž2020 at 3:59 PM, Ally Bongo said:

The Yorkshire Ripper Files : A Very British Crime Story - is still on BBCi Player

Absolutely makes a mockery of the myths and lies still being spun today

The only bit i thought they kinda glossed over was the secretions on the hoaxer letters to those found on the 1975 Preston murderĀ  and they also never mentioned Sutcliffe's "underwear"

https://www.bbc.co.uk/iplayer/episodes/m0003v61/the-yorkshire-ripper-files-a-very-british-crime-story

thought it was a very good watch

Watched The Big Short on Netflix the other day. Really enjoyed it. Its about a few opportunists who literally made billions by taking out a bet that the US Housing Market would collapse in 2007/8. The main benefactors wereĀ Ā hedge fund managers Michael Burry and Jared Vennet. It did make me a little uncomfortable the way these guysĀ were portrayed as the compassionate side of greedy capitalism though.Ā 

Edited by EddardStark

• 2 weeks later...

likely not a great series as first couple bang average , but didnt want to start a new thread "the english game' /Netflix series

A Captains Tale - it is not ; moreĀ  hammed up downton abbey with a bit of footer thrown in

will stick with it tho as i like the period setting

Edited by Auchinyell Sox Change

17 hours ago, Auchinyell Sox Change said:

likely not a great series as first couple bang average , but didnt want to start a new thread "the english game' /Netflix series

A Captains Tale - it is not ; moreĀ  hammed up downton abbey with a bit of footer thrown in

will stick with it tho as i like the period setting

Hunters on Amazon Prime is excellent - Al Pacino leading a group of Nazi hunters in 1970s New York. Tarantino-esque at times.Ā 
Ā 

Hope all is good with you ASC šŸ‘

Watched Ramnarok on Netflix in the last week. Pretty good, not great but worth a watch.

Not a series but I enjoyed Parasite the movie. After watching that I watched Old Boy which is an older film.Ā I recommend that one for sure but thereā€™s a few hard to watch scenes in it.

2 hours ago, neilser said:

Hunters on Amazon Prime is excellent - Al Pacino leading a group of Nazi hunters in 1970s New York. Tarantino-esque at times.Ā 
Ā 

Hope all is good with you ASC šŸ‘

Had high hopes for Hunters and it started well but it was those ā€˜Tarantino-esqueā€™ scenes that putĀ me right off. Totally ruined it for me.Ā 

On 3/22/2020 at 2:46 PM, Auchinyell Sox Change said:

cheers min - i did indeed get a few mins into Hunters then gave up...

all good here , you ?

Nae bad min. Trying to weigh up whatā€™s more of a godsend these days - Netflix/Amazon Prime or Disney +, which just landed today.

Given the length of time the schools are going to be shut it has to be Disney + šŸ¤£

36 minutes ago, neilser said:

Nae bad min. Trying to weigh up whatā€™s more of a godsend these days - Netflix/Amazon Prime or Disney +, which just landed today.

Given the length of time the schools are going to be shut it has to be Disney + šŸ¤£

nice one Neilser ; think i just mentally scarred our teens with my recommendation of Netflixs "The Platform" (film) - last night

missus and i got into "Looming Tower" on Amazon - rate it as 'nae bad' - difficulty in taking jeff daniels seriously esp when hes having it large with the women / episode 1 of sneaky pete left me pretty cold so didnt continue - there is lot of volume but some real cack out there

there a show on netflix 'becoming champions' showing 8 world cup winners - been watching some of the episodes - decent enough for the average football fan - but lot of overlap

• 2 weeks later...

Halfway through the latest series of Ozark. It started a littleĀ bit slowĀ butĀ does not disappoint. Ruth must be oneĀ of the best TV characters out thereĀ and the new marriage guidance counsellor Sue is a good addition.Ā 

22 hours ago, TDYER63 said:

Halfway through the latest series of Ozark. It started a littleĀ bit slowĀ butĀ does not disappoint. Ruth must be oneĀ of the best TV characters out thereĀ and the new marriage guidance counsellor Sue is a good addition.Ā 

Think I'll start, and most likely finish, that this weekend.Ā  Looking forward to it.

Started The Tiger King last night.Ā  1 episode in and can tell it's going to weird.Ā  An utterly bizarre cast of "characters".

1 hour ago, Fairbairn said:

Think I'll start, and most likely finish, that this weekend.Ā  Looking forward to it.

Started The Tiger King last night.Ā  1 episode in and can tell it's going to weird.Ā  An utterly bizarre cast of "characters".

Think Tiger King will be next on my list. If this isolation goes on for another couple of months I will be resortingĀ Ā to every shit movie in Netflix and my bloody wedding video again.Ā 
Mr Tidy doesnā€™tĀ Ā work 9-5 and has days of during the week. He has been watching This Country and it looks funny so I will give that a go, need some cheeriness at the moment and stupid programmes like that make me laugh.Ā 

On 3/22/2020 at 3:10 PM, Tiny Tim said:

Watched Ramnarok on Netflix in the last week. Pretty good, not great but worth a watch.

Not a series but I enjoyed Parasite the movie. After watching that I watched Old Boy which is an older film.Ā I recommend that one for sure but thereā€™s a few hard to watch scenes in it.

Yeah, stuck with it though slow going - much like The Witcher in that respect.Ā 

Watched episode 1 of The Mandalorian last night, and not entirely sure what all the fuss is about but imagine it will get better...

5 hours ago, TDYER63 said:

Think Tiger King will be next on my list. If this isolation goes on for another couple of months I will be resortingĀ Ā to every shit movie in Netflix and my bloody wedding video again.Ā 
Mr Tidy doesnā€™tĀ Ā work 9-5 and has days of during the week. He has been watching This Country and it looks funny so I will give that a go, need some cheeriness at the moment and stupid programmes like that make me laugh.Ā 

I thought you were supposed to be working from home? Lazy Mare