Series Worth Watching - Page 42 - Anything Goes - Other topics not covered elsewhere - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Series Worth Watching

Anyone watched the All Or Nothing series on the Brazil National Team? Was looking on Amazon Prime earlier and noticed it was there so added it to stuff to be watched sometime soon. All Or Nothing is generally tremendous so I hope this one is similar. The All Blacks one and the ones with NFL team are all great.

35 minutes ago, morrie21 said:

Anyone watched the All Or Nothing series on the Brazil National Team? Was looking on Amazon Prime earlier and noticed it was there so added it to stuff to be watched sometime soon. All Or Nothing is generally tremendous so I hope this one is similar. The All Blacks one and the ones with NFL team are all great.

Ive watched the all blacks one, I wont be watching the man city one. 

Cheers for the tip re brazil though, that will be worth a watch

Edited by vanderark14

5 minutes ago, vanderark14 said:

Ive watched the all blacks one, I wont be watching the man city one. 

Cheers for the tip re brazil though, that will be worth a watch

No worries - as I said I just noticed it today. The Brazil one follows their Copa America campaign last summer.

On 2/19/2020 at 4:56 PM, morrie21 said:

Is it amazon that’s doing the hertz one? Got to be comedy gold. 

55 minutes ago, dan cake said:

Is it amazon that’s doing the hertz one? Got to be comedy gold. 

Didn't realise there was one getting made on Hearts. This season I take it? If it is All Or Nothing then yes it would be on Amazon. Might fall under the comedy genre for you, for Hearts fans it would be a pure horror. 

3 hours ago, morrie21 said:

Didn't realise there was one getting made on Hearts. This season I take it? If it is All Or Nothing then yes it would be on Amazon. Might fall under the comedy genre for you, for Hearts fans it would be a pure horror. 

Is there really a Hearts one or is DanCake at it? 😄

2 hours ago, EddardStark said:

Anyone watched The Stranger on Netflix? Thinking about giving it a go. The Outsider on Sky is is good watch. Read the book and they've done a decent job on it for TV. 

It was ok. If I had my time again I probably wouldn't bother watching it. I felt it was a bit twee. It was like a modern ‘midsummer murders’ . Not even the lovely Richard Armitage improved it 😍

People in my work enjoyed it right enough so it may just be me. 

On 8/2/2019 at 6:27 PM, Auchinyell Sox Change said:

undercover on netflix - belgian show

(think same director from salamander)

I am on the 4 th series. Have really enjoyed it but the start of this series feels like it is going down the Peaky Blinders route of posturing and loud music to fill gaps at times. Hope it is just a blip as it really has been good. 

18 hours ago, dan cake said:

Not really a series just a two parter but the pale horse is worth a watch, it’s a Agatha Christie adaptation. Hadn’t heard of the book so was completely in the dark, excellent stuff tho

Enjoyed it but didn't get the ending?

14 hours ago, TDYER63 said:

It was ok. If I had my time again I probably wouldn't bother watching it. I felt it was a bit twee. It was like a modern ‘midsummer murders’ . Not even the lovely Richard Armitage improved it 😍

Couldnae stop seeing Hugh Jackman in him when I watched it. 

16 hours ago, TDYER63 said:

Started off promising, turned out a bit pish

On 2/22/2020 at 10:28 AM, TDYER63 said:

Aw really! I literally watched the full thing within 24 hours haha! i was hooked lol! 

6 minutes ago, wee_pammy_87 said:

Aw really! I literally watched the full thing within 24 hours haha! i was hooked lol! 

Pammy, you’re back again ! What with you and Heuch Morays return this board is looking up 👍

My friend felt the same as you , she binge watched it also. I think I have been watching too many foreign ‘shoot em up’ dramas and anything else is tame by comparison 😁

3 minutes ago, TDYER63 said:

Pammy, you’re back again ! What with you and Heuch Morays return this board is looking up 👍

My friend felt the same as you , she binge watched it also. I think I have been watching too many foreign ‘shoot em up’ dramas and anything else is tame by comparison 😁

I am back 😃

Haha probably! 😃I did manage to guess some of the stuff that was happening in it which made me happy haha! 

5 minutes ago, wee_pammy_87 said:

I am back 😃

Haha probably! 😃I did manage to guess some of the stuff that was happening in it which made me happy haha! 

Yeah , I guessed a couple of things too but that pissed me off as I prefer to be surprised . I read a lot of Harlan Coben books years ago , I must be trained to think like him 😁

On 2/22/2020 at 7:41 AM, EddardStark said:

Anyone watched The Stranger on Netflix? Thinking about giving it a go. The Outsider on Sky is is good watch. Read the book and they've done a decent job on it for TV. 

On 2/22/2020 at 10:28 AM, TDYER63 said:

That pretty much sums it up for me too.  Started off decent but then just became pretty boring other than when they tried to shoehorn in ridiculous plot twists, almost as if they were saying "look how clever we are".  We watched it till the end but only because the only other thing we'd been watching (Messiah) was utter dung and binned after 4 episodes.

21 minutes ago, Fairbairn said:

That pretty much sums it up for me too.  Started off decent but then just became pretty boring other than when they tried to shoehorn in ridiculous plot twists, almost as if they were saying "look how clever we are".  We watched it till the end but only because the only other thing we'd been watching (Messiah) was utter dung and binned after 4 episodes.

Tune into the ‘Rangers in Crisis’ thread for the TAMB ‘s very own adaptation of ‘The Stranger’.

Who is Tiny Tim and what are his motives 🤔

10 hours ago, TDYER63 said:

Tune into the ‘Rangers in Crisis’ thread for the TAMB ‘s very own adaptation of ‘The Stranger’.

To be honest, that thread, like many others these days, is more like Alan Partridges DVD ‘ Crash, Bang, Wallop” 

11 hours ago, Fairbairn said:

Yep, exactly the same for me. Not read through all the suggestions but I will do. Has Wisting been mentioned? I think that's worth a watch. Also watched the film - Fighting with My Family the other day, didn't expect to enjoy it but it was decent enough.

11 hours ago, TDYER63 said:

The latest episode is brilliant. PMs now being posted.

Tiny Tims identity remains a mystery😂😂