Series Worth Watching - Page 41 - Anything Goes - Other topics not covered elsewhere - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Series Worth Watching

12 hours ago, Jim Beem said:

That defence boy with the floating wig was fucking ridiculous. šŸ˜‚ What was his closing argument to the jury ? ā€˜ Its Thursday in Glasgow and you have the chance to be Gregory Peck ā€˜ šŸ˜‚šŸ˜‚šŸ˜‚šŸ™ˆ

That was cringey as fuck, as was the female detective trying to come over all "bad cop" and force the woman in to confessing.Ā  Sounded like a wee lassie that had seen a couple of episodes of Hill Street Blues.

On 1/18/2020 at 8:58 AM, dan cake said:

Cobra, utter toley

the only good bits areĀ in the trailers, dull no twists or edge of the seats moments

even aĀ good cast cant save it

5 hours i'll never get back

Two episodes in and its already very scripted where everyone has their own problems outside the actual main problem of the loss of power. Given your review I doubt I will be back for the rest of it.

Ā 

Ive been watching Godfather of Harlem. Forrest Whittaker plays Bumpy Johnson, Harlem around 1962/3. Supporting cast of the Mafia, Nation of Islam and Malcolm X. Enjoyed season 1.

I would also recommend Wu-Tang, An American Saga if anyone can get hold of it.

Ā 

Watched the first of 3 episodes of Inside The Mind of Aaron Hernandez last night on Netfllix.Ā  Another true crime doc this time about a New England Patriots Tight End accused of murder in 2013.Ā  First episode was pretty formulaic giving a bit of background on the murder, the accused and the victim but it had a couple of interesting twists and some weird family dynamics that has me looking forward to the next 2!

15 minutes ago, Fairbairn said:

Watched the first of 3 episodes of Inside The Mind of Aaron Hernandez last night on Netfllix.Ā  Another true crime doc this time about a New England Patriots Tight End accused of murder in 2013.Ā  First episode was pretty formulaic giving a bit of background on the murder, the accused and the victim but it had a couple of interesting twists and some weird family dynamics that has me looking forward to the next 2!

There is only 3 episodes I'm sure. Watched it last week, it is pretty mind blowing that he was at least involved in a double murder then went on to play a full season in the NFL and a Superbowl.

Another "late to the party" guy here, just got Netflix a couple of weeks ago and I'm halfway through Stranger Things. Loving all of the parts influenced by classic movies.

12 minutes ago, Davied14 said:

There is only 3 episodes I'm sure. Watched it last week, it is pretty mind blowing that he was at least involved in a double murder then went on to play a full season in the NFL and a Superbowl.

Another "late to the party" guy here, just got Netflix a couple of weeks ago and I'm halfway through Stranger Things. Loving all of the parts influenced by classic movies.

Yeah it's only theĀ first one I've watched so far.

1 hour ago, Fairbairn said:

It was really good, although I think they probably could have squeezed everything into a couple of episodes.

Has anyone ever managed to watch that Power on Netflix. I kept seeing folk raving about it and there is about half a dozen series so far. Holy mother of Christ. Some of the worst acting imaginable. Its almost in the so bad its good category but not quite.Ā 

As far as The Spy goes, I thought it started OK but struggled with ā€˜Ali Gā€™ in a serious role

I eventually got bored and found ā€˜Boratā€™ more and more wooden and chucked itĀ 

7 hours ago, vanderark14 said:

Watched the first episode of The Spy on netflix.

Borat is the main man in the series about an israeli spy, Very good so far. Strange seeing Borat in a serious role but he's been ok so far

I got into the third episode and had to turn it off. I love the talent of Cohen too. The writers need their goolies rapped though.

• 2 weeks later...

New Narcos Mexico out today on Netflix. Itā€™s the 5th season of Narcos. Got through the first three episodes today.Ā Just as sensational as all the others before it. The Mexican actress Teresa Ruiz simply has to be the filthiest looking lassie on tele just now.Ā šŸ˜

On 2/13/2020 at 6:26 PM, WCTA said:

New Narcos Mexico out today on Netflix. Itā€™s the 5th season of Narcos. Got through the first three episodes today.Ā Just as sensational as all the others before it. The Mexican actress Teresa Ruiz simply has to be the filthiest looking lassie on tele just now.Ā šŸ˜

just started that last night - episode 1 ; thought it was easily the worst of the whole series to day ; will keep watching tho as am sure it will get better

i just finished Gomorrah Season 2 this week - again slow burn ,but personally thought it was outstanding

still got better call saul new season to watch - i actually prefer it to breaking bad.....

'man in the high castle' was mentioned earlier - i tried it on amazon prime ; season 1 - thought the concept was great and right up my alley - but found the two main characters too gleaming hollywood looks and not really believable - production felt a bit cheap - altho am sure it wasnt and dumbed down somehow

The Yorkshire Ripper Files : A Very British Crime Story - is still on BBCi Player

Absolutely makes a mockery of the myths and lies still being spun today

The only bit i thought they kinda glossed over was the secretions on the hoaxer letters to those found on the 1975 Preston murderĀ  and they also never mentioned Sutcliffe's "underwear"

https://www.bbc.co.uk/iplayer/episodes/m0003v61/the-yorkshire-ripper-files-a-very-british-crime-story

2 hours ago, Ally Bongo said:

The Yorkshire Ripper Files : A Very British Crime Story - is still on BBCi Player

The only bit i thought they kinda glossed over was the secretions on the hoaxer letters to those found on the 1975 Preston murderĀ  and they also never mentioned Sutcliffe's "underwear"

https://www.bbc.co.uk/iplayer/episodes/m0003v61/the-yorkshire-ripper-files-a-very-british-crime-story

Doesnā€™t paint 70s Britain in a very good light, very interesting but ultimately depressing and sad. The media and Yorkshire policeĀ come across as utter c.unts or imbeciles at best

7 hours ago, dan cake said:

Doesnā€™t paint 70s Britain in a very good light, very interesting but ultimately depressing and sad. The media and Yorkshire policeĀ come across as utter c.unts or imbeciles at best

That sounds like an absolutely bang on representation in regards to any UK police force then and certainly to the present day

On ā€Ž2ā€Ž/ā€Ž17ā€Ž/ā€Ž2020 at 3:59 PM, Ally Bongo said:

the 2 No Jonestown - terror in the jungle docs are worth a watch on iplayer

Edited by Newryrep