Series Worth Watching - Page 38 - Anything Goes - Other topics not covered elsewhere - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Series Worth Watching

12 minutes ago, TDYER63 said:

Watched it in 3 parts and finished it last night. Would rate it 8. The acting was brilliant and I enjoyed it over 3 parts but feel I would have become a bit bored if I had watched it in one go. 
The last half hour or so showed the sad reality of getting old, I am not sure what it says about me that I found that more upsetting than most of the murders. 

I found it quite nostalgic. The 1950’s music that played during the credits at the end reminded me of Happy Days. I cant believe that when I watched that tv show in the 70’s , that music genre was only 2O years old . Its like the equivalent of listening to Oasis now.

Bloody depressing to be so old 😕

Stop moaning about getting old. Would you prefer the only other alternative? Just think of all the folk you know who have died in their 40s, 20s or even younger, who never got the chance to grow old. Stop whinging and enjoy the time you have got left. Going by average life expectancy you should have another 10 -15 years to go.

Thank you for reading my jolly xmas message for this year. :ok:

On 12/17/2019 at 9:56 AM, Orraloon said:

Now, if there is going to be an official moaning section - count me in. :ok:

11 minutes ago, Orraloon said:

Stop moaning about getting old. Would you prefer the only other alternative? Just think of all the folk you know who have died in their 40s, 20s or even younger, who never got the chance to grow old. Stop whinging and enjoy the time you have got left. Going by average life expectancy you should have another 10 -15 years to go.

Thank you for reading my jolly xmas message for this year. :ok:

You havny got a monopoly on moaning you know. Or is moaning only allowed under your terms ? 🙄 😁

41 minutes ago, TDYER63 said:

You havny got a monopoly on moaning you know. Or is moaning only allowed under your terms ? 🙄 😁

Some things are much more worthy of a good moan than others. By moaning about getting old you are just moaning that you haven't died yet. The arrow of time only goes in one direction.;)

1 hour ago, Orraloon said:

Some things are much more worthy of a good moan than others. By moaning about getting old you are just moaning that you haven't died yet. The arrow of time only goes in one direction.;)

Och stop moaning about my moaning.

It was more a reflection of how short life is than a moan, reflection is allowed when you get past 50. Many people live every day like its their last, but it doesn't mean they think it will be their last.

Anyway this new mattress topper arrives next month, I will be like a new woman. 

On 4/27/2019 at 11:32 AM, vanderark14 said:

We will rock you is apparently touring again this year

I bought tickets after you posted this, it was on last night at the Theatre Royal. The music was brilliant and the show great fun.  Thanks for the heads up 👍

1 hour ago, TDYER63 said:

I bought tickets after you posted this, it was on last night at the Theatre Royal. The music was brilliant and the show great fun.  Thanks for the heads up 👍

👍🏼👍🏼👍🏼

I bought tickets to my wife, mum and sister for sister act in August next year. They've seen it but whoopi goldberg is starring in it next year

4 hours ago, vanderark14 said:

👍🏼👍🏼👍🏼

I bought tickets to my wife, mum and sister for sister act in August next year. They've seen it but whoopi goldberg is starring in it next year

Thats a nice present, especially having Whoopi Goldberg in it. Wouldn't mind seeing that myself but don't think its touring in Scotland.

I have bought tickets for Les Mis for my daughters, my sister and my niece. I sense deep disappointment and a ‘ I would rather have had the cash’ expression on Christmas morning 🙄 

A tip for anyone going to the Theatre Royal ( and probably most ATK theatres) , buy drink tokens with your tickets before the event if you plan on having any alcohol.
I bought 4 drink tokens for £20 for We Will Rock You. We got 2 500ml bottles of Bud and 2 175ml glasses of average wine, ie 5 quid a drink.  Not exactly cheap but to be expected at the theatre.

After the show there was a karaoke so we went along for a laugh. Bought the same 2 drinks with cash ( bottle bud and a wine) and it cost £15.60 !!! I nearly threw up the 2 glasses of wine i had just necked.

Greedy bassas, over 9 quid for a glass of wine in a plastic cup !  If I had been sober I would have told them to stick it at that price. 

Ps @Orraloon, is this an acceptable moan ? 

Edited by TDYER63
Orraloon the moan police.

15 minutes ago, mccaughey85 said:

Anybody watched "don't fuck with cats" series on Netflix, really disturbing and creepy. Worth watching.

I’ve added it to the list. Finishing The Accident with Sarah Lancashire tonight then going to start it. 

3 hours ago, Jim Beem said:

The boys Mum was clearly not the full shilling 😂

It was quite unbelievable her interpretation of events and how she couldn't accept what an evil son she had. She's realeased a book that apparently makes out how nice a person her son really is. Delusional like her son by the looks of it.

1 hour ago, mccaughey85 said:

It was quite unbelievable her interpretation of events and how she couldn't accept what an evil son she had. She's realeased a book that apparently makes out how nice a person her son really is. Delusional like her son by the looks of it.

Pair of maniacs. To be honest, I found the internet squad a weird bunch as well 😂 

9 minutes ago, Jim Beem said:

Pair of maniacs. To be honest, I found the internet squad a weird bunch as well 😂 

I have only watched one episode so far but thats how I feel,  They are very intense. Mr Tidy could post my murder on ‘anything goes ‘ on Boxing Day and I doubt anyone on here would even notice,  never mind start an investigation. 

3 hours ago, WCTA said:

Watching the cat thing now. Holy fuck is it disturbing! I got chills at the end of the first episode. @Big Ramy 1314 you need to watch it wee man. I’m on the second episode and it is in your neck of the woods. Right by you in fact. 

Finished the whole thing right now. Could be the best/weirdest true crime documentary I’ve ever seen. It feels strange calling it best, terrific, brilliant, etc because of the real life victims being filmed. 

21 hours ago, WCTA said:

Finished the whole thing right now. Could be the best/weirdest true crime documentary I’ve ever seen. It feels strange calling it best, terrific, brilliant, etc because of the real life victims being filmed. 

Has to be said, its a terrible advertisement for America and Canada 😂 The only cunt that gets pass marks was the Montreal male copper 😂

Just finished it tonight. I do have a degree of sympathy for his mother , I cannot imagine what it must be like to find your child has murdered someone and tv cameras etc are hounding you. Love can blind people to the truth. 

The Internet people are definitely weird. They actually sat and tracked the flight he was brought home on ?  And Deanna Thompson seemed to me to be more upset when the animals were killed than the guy. I completely understand peoples attachment to animals, what he did was grotesque, but she only ever shed a tear when talking about the animals.   

I read that Magnotta met someone in prison on an inmates dating service 🙄 Apparently he got married in 2017 to another murderer. Wtf. 

3 hours ago, Jim Beem said:

Has to be said, its a terrible advertisement for America and Canada 😂 The only cunt that gets pass marks was the Montreal male copper 😂

You are forgetting that Yanks and Canadians are fucking wallopers in general. Two cheeks of the same arse. They are spangletwats(copyright Teeko*) 😂🙈

4 hours ago, TDYER63 said:

Just finished it tonight. I do have a degree of sympathy for his mother , I cannot imagine what it must be like to find your child has murdered someone and tv cameras etc are hounding you. Love can blind people to the truth. 

My Great Grandparents knew all about that.

My grand-uncle (never met him, he died just before I was born) suffered a complete mental breakdown and strangled a woman to death on Glasgow Green one night nearly sixty years ago.

The next morning he took his wee sister to school and went to his work as barman at a pub just as normal. He had no memory of what he had done the previous night. He picked up a newspaper at the pub, read the headline about the body being found and it suddenly it all came back to him. After that he calmly walked up the road to the police station and handed himself in.

He got fifteen years for culpable homicide but we think he only served about half or two-thirds of it. My Great Grandparents got interviewed and photographed by the Daily Record and the Herald. I suspect they may have been paid because they revealed a lot of really intimate details about their son. 

My Mum, aunts and uncles were either too young or had not been born yet so never knew about all this until a few years ago when I stumbled upon it. Gran and Granddad (who are both dead) had never said a word about it to them. When I asked how they remembered their uncle, my folks said he was "a really lovely man who was great with children".

Edited by ErsatzThistle

9 hours ago, ErsatzThistle said:

My Great Grandparents knew all about that.

My grand-uncle (never met him, he died just before I was born) suffered a complete mental breakdown and strangled a woman to death on Glasgow Green one night nearly sixty years ago.

The next morning he took his wee sister to school and went to his work as barman at a pub just as normal. He had no memory of what he had done the previous night. He picked up a newspaper at the pub, read the headline about the body being found and it suddenly it all came back to him. After that he calmly walked up the road to the police station and handed himself in.

He got fifteen years for culpable homicide but we think he only served about half or two-thirds of it. My Great Grandparents got interviewed and photographed by the Daily Record and the Herald. I suspect they may have been paid because they revealed a lot of really intimate details about their son. 

My Mum, aunts and uncles were either too young or had not been born yet so never knew about all this until a few years ago when I stumbled upon it. Gran and Granddad (who are both dead) had never said a word about it to them. When I asked how they remembered their uncle, my folks said he was "a really lovely man who was great with children".

What a sad story for everyone affected.  With your grand uncle admitting to it your great grandparents didn't have any sliver of hope that the police were wrong, but I suppose it also avoided the dilemma of whether or not to believe him had he denied it if found and charged. 

I am actually surprised your great uncle was not institutionalised. 60 years ago mental health was not given much recognition and many people were locked up in psychiatric hospitals for a lot less than that .       

Edited by TDYER63