Series Worth Watching - Page 37 - Anything Goes - Other topics not covered elsewhere - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Series Worth Watching

22 minutes ago, Farcity said:

I recommend Undercover on Amazon prime. It's Bulgarian but very watchable. 

Tbh programmes with subtitles have generally been better than most things I have watched in English over the past few months,  I can add Bulgaria to my TV viewing passport as I work my way around the world. 

I still canny speak a word in any of the languages right enough. 

51 minutes ago, TDYER63 said:

Tbh programmes with subtitles have generally been better than most things I have watched in English over the past few months,  I can add Bulgaria to my TV viewing passport as I work my way around the world. 

I still canny speak a word in any of the languages right enough. 

Both of the Narcos series, especially the last one were at times all in Spanish. I sat glued to that show. I think it has to be my favourite thing for a long time.

Just finished the latest episode of 'For all mankind'. It's an alternative history of the USA v Soviet space race. Made by AppleTV.

Decent watch...well acted. But it tries too hard to push the 'culture wars' political agenda. Not so subtle references to Trump's border wall... Heavy on the feminism... Addresses toxic masculinity.... Homophobia....  It's all there.

@thplinth... you'd fucking love it! :lol:

On 11/28/2019 at 4:20 PM, dan cake said:

Just finished Dublin Murders, 8 parter about a murdered teenager which jumps back and forth between 2006 and 1984. The best detectives are always flawed and the two leads don’t disappoint, well worth a watch 

Watched the first episode last night. Definitely started off well. Looks a good shout. 👍

On 11/28/2019 at 10:20 PM, dan cake said:

Just finished Dublin Murders, 8 parter about a murdered teenager which jumps back and forth between 2006 and 1984. The best detectives are always flawed and the two leads don’t disappoint, well worth a watch 

I'm about 3 or 4 episodes in to that and while I'm enjoying it, it is a bit confusing.  Not helped by the fact that some of the characters have different names in 2006 than they did in 1984!!  I'm just about following it but the missus is floundering!

1 hour ago, Fairbairn said:

I'm about 3 or 4 episodes in to that and while I'm enjoying it, it is a bit confusing.  Not helped by the fact that some of the characters have different names in 2006 than they did in 1984!!  I'm just about following it but the missus is floundering!

not a spoiler but they never explain why his neck/shoulder is f.ucked, annoying!

4 hours ago, Fairbairn said:

Got to the end of episode 3. My attention span has gone with it. I laboured on through the third. Hard keeping up with the different names as you say. 

1 minute ago, WCTA said:

Got to the end of episode 3. My attention span has gone with it. I laboured on through the third. Hard keeping up with the different names as you say. 

I'm still not sure who some of the characters actually are.  The guy with the paint tin, the guy that fucked off the Berlin and the lookie likey lassie (although I think that'll be explained in the next one).

3 minutes ago, Fairbairn said:

I'm still not sure who some of the characters actually are.  The guy with the paint tin, the guy that fucked off the Berlin and the lookie likey lassie (although I think that'll be explained in the next one).

I finished the episode where the guy with the paint tin met the car on that country road. I swear he is that polis guy and the lassie in the car is his polis pal. My Wife says no. I even rewound it and paused it on his pus. I say it’s the polis guy(Rob/Adam) with a heavy beard. 
Actually, this is the second episode. I still have the third to start.

Edited by WCTA

33 minutes ago, Orraloon said:

I can't be bothered with these shows that think they have to jump back and forward in time just to make it "interesting". If the story isn't good enough to be told in chronological order, why fukin bother?

I have just started series 2 of The Money Heist/La Casa De Papel, as recommended by a couple of posters on here.
Its about a robbery at the spanish Royal Mint and it flits back and forth from current day at the robbery , to the months of planning that took place prior to the robbery. 

Its pretty clever and  the format works well. Its definitely worth watching. 

43 minutes ago, TDYER63 said:

I have just started series 2 of The Money Heist/La Casa De Papel, as recommended by a couple of posters on here.
Its about a robbery at the spanish Royal Mint and it flits back and forth from current day at the robbery , to the months of planning that took place prior to the robbery. 

Its pretty clever and  the format works well. Its definitely worth watching. 

Is that how you say Ibrox in Latin? 

1 minute ago, Orraloon said:

Sounds more like the other side to be honest.

I mind the Only An Excuse episode where it was meant to be Barry Ferguson who had watched the new film with all the “monkeys running around in Celtic tops”...... Planet Of The Papes. 😂

21 hours ago, Orraloon said:

I can't be bothered with these shows that think they have to jump back and forward in time just to make it "interesting". If the story isn't good enough to be told in chronological order, why fukin bother?

You’d love Lost.

Also, may I suggest the film Memento.

J

Edited by Bristolhibby

• 3 weeks later...
On 11/17/2019 at 2:29 PM, Jim Beem said:

Cant wait for the Irishman on Netflix. Was tempted to head to DCA’s for the screening but I’ll sit tight. 

Watched it in 3 parts and finished it last night. Would rate it 8. The acting was brilliant and I enjoyed it over 3 parts but feel I would have become a bit bored if I had watched it in one go. 
The last half hour or so showed the sad reality of getting old, I am not sure what it says about me that I found that more upsetting than most of the murders. 

I found it quite nostalgic. The 1950’s music that played during the credits at the end reminded me of Happy Days. I cant believe that when I watched that tv show in the 70’s , that music genre was only 2O years old . Its like the equivalent of listening to Oasis now.

Bloody depressing to be so old 😕