Series Worth Watching - Page 34 - Anything Goes - Other topics not covered elsewhere - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Series Worth Watching

1 hour ago, thplinth said:

Anyone else found netflix to be utter shit? I cancelled it last week after realizing I had not logged in for about a month.

Every program I started to watch went the same way... heavy on yon 'cultural marxism' to the expense of the plot and the quality of the program.

It was so cheap and I was so optimistic when I first subscribed... thought it would be endless ace viewing... dreadful in the end and I only lasted a few months.

Is there anything better?

Aye reading books.

Or have a look at this guys story. https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC0pdktx9M6EcOsRg5LdLlXg

Some interesting jail tales in there, on how it works as a business etc. Boy was a stockbroker who turned into "ecstasy kingpin" drug smuggler/supplier , ended up in a supply war with sammy the bull (who was in witness protection at the time) and did 6 odd years in that famous sherriff's dude jail.

6 minutes ago, Pocketrocketman1888 said:

Ive started re runs of Jim’ll Fixit

Dear Jim’ll

You watched those "This is your life" episodes with Jimmy Saville Frank Bruno and Gary Glitter and some other dude. Creepy as fuck.

1 hour ago, TDYER63 said:

Peaky Blinders. Meh. I was a bit disappointed. Style over substance IMO. 

Newspaper reviews seem to disagree right enough. 

Agree. Seems to be focus on the personalities rather than the plot. Also whilst a music score can make a show I really think they have over indulged with this. 

1 hour ago, EddardStark said:

Agree. Seems to be focus on the personalities rather than the plot. Also whilst a music score can make a show I really think they have over indulged with this. 

Yep , the music is generally excellent but ‘over indulged’  sums up last night perfectly. 

I suppose it does reflect how over indulged the Shelbys have become but I am not as keen on this format.

There is time for it to change right enough. 

29 minutes ago, Jim Beem said:

Could you not hear it either ? 🤔

😂 funnily enough I did put the subtitles on. But thats because I had a barbecue yesterday and was half cut by 9pm.

I become even more deaf when I have been drinking.  

On 8/23/2019 at 8:07 PM, thplinth said:

Anyone else found netflix to be utter shit? I cancelled it last week after realizing I had not logged in for about a month.

Every program I started to watch went the same way... heavy on yon 'cultural marxism' to the expense of the plot and the quality of the program.

It was so cheap and I was so optimistic when I first subscribed... thought it would be endless ace viewing... dreadful in the end and I only lasted a few months.

Is there anything better?

How about spending more time addressing insulting, lengthy, expletive ridden posts to other posters on internet forums.

Episode 2 was equally uninspiring, and I watched it sober with no sub titles.  😕

The Billy Boys introduction was like a  cheap amateur dramatics production , jumping out the bushes and launching into a chorus of the Billy Boys. I have seen scarier women stagger down The Copland Road. And don't even mention the Glaswegian accent. 

Polly has become a caricature. There is far too much unnecessary posturing and as mentioned earlier the music is now an over indulgence.  

Finally finished series 4 of Gomorrah. For a programme that was bathed in misery and had literally no redeeming characters it was unbelievably good. 

Keeping with the upbeat theme, I felt there was a slight improvement in episode 3 of Peaky Blinders.  

11 hours ago, TDYER63 said:

Finally finished series 4 of Gomorrah. For a programme that was bathed in misery and had literally no redeeming characters it was unbelievably good. 

Keeping with the upbeat theme, I felt there was a slight improvement in episode 3 of Peaky Blinders.  

Episode three was brilliant except the pathetic attempt at the scottish accent.

3 hours ago, Jim Beem said:

Finished Mindhunter second series. Excellent stuff 

Watched the first episode of the first series  on Thursday. Wasn't overwhelmed but have heard it gets better so will stick with it. 

Edited by TDYER63

10 hours ago, Jim Beem said:

Its a slow burner tidy, nae sound issues either 👍

After an unsuccessful attempt to squeeze into my Benidorm 86 flamenco dress I watched another 2 episodes last night. Definitely getting into it more now 👍

Unfortunately I cannot say the same for the dress. 💃😕

15 hours ago, bonzo said:

A boy at work raves about mindhunter but I kinda thought if a 22 year old likes it it's no for me. Maybe I'll give it a try. 

Its set in the 70’s, it will be right up your street, as will the below 😁 

15 hours ago, ErsatzThistle said:

Lots of old episodes of Weir's Way available on STV Player :ok:

https://player.stv.tv/summary/weirs-way

• 2 weeks later...