Series Worth Watching - Page 33 - Anything Goes - Other topics not covered elsewhere - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Series Worth Watching

1 hour ago, thplinth said:

I am glad you have remembered you are a woman. I was starting to wonder if I was the only one between us who gave a shit about what happened to the real victim in all of this. 

Oi, that is completely unnecessary.  

I am talking about this one of the five because that is the police interview I am able to link to and watch. 

Thanks , I thought there was perhaps some other reason that I was missing.

You seem unwilling to acknowledge a single thing he says in the interview that is incriminating despite his interview being massively damning.

I said :  If they are guilty then I hope Scotty is correct and they burn in hell forever.

I am pretty sure there is an element of doubt there. 

Of course the interview, on its own ,  is damning.  However on balance of everything I have read in the motion  I am simply not convinced . They all give different accounts of what happened.  

The rape ok but are you honestly saying you do not think he violently attacked the jogger?!

Why should you believe Coulter? Because maybe in this instance she is correct.

Because I feel  the confessions may have been coerced, it then raises doubts that they were involved in the attack at all. But I am in no way sure or convinced of this. As I said before, I don't think for a minute they are innocents.

But on the balance of things for me the evidence isnt there and the collective  interviews are questionable.

I will however be the first to come on here and eat humble pie if one day it emerges that they are indeed guilty. 

On 7/7/2019 at 11:08 AM, TDYER63 said:

I mentioned Stranger Things tongue in cheek in another thread but I really like it. 3rd series started on Friday, its great paranormal  fun,  though maybe too ‘American teen’ for some. 

Not normally my kind of thing but I've thoroughly enjoyed it all.  Season 3 has been the best yet I think - only got the final episode to watch.

5 hours ago, SMcoolJ said:

Not normally my kind of thing but I've thoroughly enjoyed it all.  Season 3 has been the best yet I think - only got the final episode to watch.

I think it works because it doesn't take itself too seriously, I think there is a good balance of ‘scary monster story’ and humour.

Dustin sings in the final episode ( i am not giving anything away), it is so toe curlingly cringy it is hilarious. 

16 hours ago, TDYER63 said:

I think it works because it doesn't take itself too seriously, I think there is a good balance of ‘scary monster story’ and humour.

Dustin sings in the final episode ( i am not giving anything away), it is so toe curlingly cringy it is hilarious. 

Completely agree with you.  A mix of nostalgia, music, humour, feel good and horror.  Like you say, it doesn't take itself seriously.  Not normally my thing but it just works and I've really enjoyed it.

18 hours ago, TDYER63 said:

Easily the best scene in the whole series.

I rank the 3rd series above the 1st. Really good :ok:

6 hours ago, SMcoolJ said:

Completely agree with you.  A mix of nostalgia, music, humour, feel good and horror.  Like you say, it doesn't take itself seriously.  Not normally my thing but it just works and I've really enjoyed it.

Very nostalgic, apart from the hairdo’s. I have palpitations every time I see those perms 😁

4 hours ago, Dave78 said:

Easily the best scene in the whole series.

I rank the 3rd series above the 1st. Really good :ok:

🎼 Never ending stooorrrrreeee 🎼

And if ‘the American’ is anything to go by it would seem it is .......😊

On 6/20/2019 at 3:24 PM, Jersey Jim said:

Season 4 of Gomorrah on Sky Atlantic at the moment.

Superb viewing. 

Just started watching this and know why you like it. Pietro Savastano looks just like you. You want to be him, dont you 🙄

I am quite enjoying it, wasnt convinced on the first episode but have now watched 6 episodes and it has grown on me. Could have done without the  spoiler right enough 🙄

11 hours ago, TDYER63 said:

Just started watching this and know why you like it. Pietro Savastano looks just like you. You want to be him, dont you 🙄

I am quite enjoying it, wasnt convinced on the first episode but have now watched 6 episodes and it has grown on me. Could have done without the  spoiler right enough 🙄

Really? I think of myself as more of a Ciro Di Marzio character.

Snappy dresser and cool as feck. 

2 hours ago, Jersey Jim said:

Snappy dresser and cool as feck

Useless qualities when you are pan breid.  You have however solved my question on the After Life. The TAMB’s first poster from beyond the grave. 

I 've just finished Season 3 of Gomorrah, watched the first two when they came out but somehow the third had passed me by.

Also started watching The Wire again for the third time, it's just fucking magnificent.

Started watching WACO last night, two episodes out of 6 watched. It’ll be interesting to see how accurate the series is and which point if view the series favours.

anyone interested in it should listen to End of days series on the BBC radio website 

https://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/articles/50vs6nsXKcLCjLgWmZdfWkY/end-of-days-the-waco-file

• 3 weeks later...
On 7/20/2019 at 7:11 AM, Jersey Jim said:

Snappy dresser and cool as feck. 

On 6/20/2019 at 5:20 PM, Jim Beem said:

Patrizia’s continued appearance obviously helps👍

Just finished the 3rd series. It really is excellent. Patrizia is the coolest character by far. 

Should finish it just in time for the return of  Peaky Blinders. I have a feeling PB may  be disappointing and light weight by comparison.  

57 minutes ago, TDYER63 said:

Just finished the 3rd series. It really is excellent. Patrizia is the coolest character by far. 

Should finish it just in time for the return of  Peaky Blinders. I have a feeling PB may  be disappointing and light weight by comparison.  

My hearing is not the best  and that Peaky Blinders is one of those shows I cant hear what the fuck is going. This habit of actors mumbling away I assume to creat some sort of as some sort of atmosphere does my head in. Annoying as fuck.  

15 minutes ago, Jim Beem said:

My hearing is not the best  and that Peaky Blinders is one of those shows I cant hear what the fuck is going. This habit of actors mumbling away I assume to creat some sort of as some sort of atmosphere does my head in. Annoying as fuck.  

Theres a new invention called subtitles. Its great for the hard of hearing. Infact you might have noticed it on Gomorrah. 

Granted its a little more challenging to find on the BBC as it doesn't come on automatically like it does on Gomorrah, but if you get your TV help guide out you may just master it if there is someone under 30 in your household. 

14 minutes ago, bonzo said:

Apparently in this series of peaky blinders there's going to be a character based on Billy Fullerton. 

I just read about that a few minutes ago. Sounds interesting.

Looking forward to this new series.

Edited by vanderark14

9 hours ago, TDYER63 said:

Theres a new invention called subtitles. Its great for the hard of hearing. Infact you might have noticed it on Gomorrah. 

Granted its a little more challenging to find on the BBC as it doesn't come on automatically like it does on Gomorrah, but if you get your TV help guide out you may just master it if there is someone under 30 in your household. 

😂 Strangely enough, I’m happy with subtitles on Foreign programmes but cant abide them on stuff in English. 😳🤷‍♂️ Cant explain it. Seriously though, Im sure certain shows these days employ mumbling bastards just to annoy me. ☹️

Anyway , that Patrizia 🤑😍

9 hours ago, Jim Beem said:

😂 Strangely enough, I’m happy with subtitles on Foreign programmes but cant abide them on stuff in English. 😳🤷‍♂️ Cant explain it. Seriously though, Im sure certain shows these days employ mumbling bastards just to annoy me. ☹️

Anyway , that Patrizia 🤑😍

😂

I am with you regarding subtitles on English speaking programmes. I hate using them, I feel is spoils the programme but not sure why, might be that your brain has read the subtitle before it has been spoken. I need them mainly on American shows.  I am ok with The Simpsons though 🙂

The weird thing is I still need the volume up as loud as I do when there are no subtitles on. 

Anyone else found netflix to be utter shit? I cancelled it last week after realizing I had not logged in for about a month.

Every program I started to watch went the same way... heavy on yon 'cultural marxism' to the expense of the plot and the quality of the program.

It was so cheap and I was so optimistic when I first subscribed... thought it would be endless ace viewing... dreadful in the end and I only lasted a few months.

Is there anything better?