Series Worth Watching - Page 29 - Anything Goes - Other topics not covered elsewhere - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Series Worth Watching

2 hours ago, dandydunn said:

Line Of Duty left itself very exposed for lots of things to happen next series. My wife and I only started watching it a few weeks ago, doing series 1 in a night and sleeping in for work, glad we did. An excellent series. 

Same here, had never watched a minute until a month or so ago then binge-watched it.  Glad I did as I don't think it's something you could just jump into halfway through.

10 hours ago, phart said:

That episode of game of thrones had the coldest goodbye i've ever experienced. Ruthless.

I love Anton Lesser as Qyburn. They couldn't have cast his role better in my opinion. Looks like Cersei is going for the year zero option. 

1 hour ago, vanderark14 said:

I thought last nights episode was a bit shit.

Won’t say anymore in case anyone hasn’t watch it yet

I wasn't that impressed either,  I found it just okay. My husband on the other hand preferred to it last weeks episode 😯

End of Line of Duty was a bit convoluted for me and the interview scenes went on way, way to long. Smacked to me of them running out of ideas and just throwing a completely nonsensical plot line in to allow them to have another series.  They're starting to rip the arse out if it a bit.

19 minutes ago, TDYER63 said:

I wasn't that impressed either,  I found it just okay. My husband on the other hand preferred to it last weeks episode 😯

There are too many things going on for one episode and too many big jumps ahead in time. A lot of it just doesn't make sense now.

2 hours ago, Fairbairn said:

End of Line of Duty was a bit convoluted for me and the interview scenes went on way, way to long. Smacked to me of them running out of ideas and just throwing a completely nonsensical plot line in to allow them to have another series.  They're starting to rip the arse out if it a bit.

Ouch - https://www.theguardian.com/tv-and-radio/2019/may/06/what-the-h-just-happened-how-line-of-duty-ate-itself?CMP=Share_iOSApp_Other

GoT has been visually stunning the music has been excellent and the acting is fine. The fucking plot is all over the place though, it's a total hatchet job the writing this season. I can't say enough about costumes and camera angles and all the great shots etc.

They've crammed in too much for 6 episodes in my opinion. The Battle of Winterfell could have been built up to over 6 episodes but it seems they wanted a conclusion to everything in one quick series. As has been said, the music, acting and effects are amazing but there's just too much going on at once. There's some characters in there I would have liked to see more of and there's others who have reached an end too quickly.

23 minutes ago, vanderark14 said:

They've crammed in too much for 6 episodes in my opinion. The Battle of Winterfell could have been built up to over 6 episodes but it seems they wanted a conclusion to everything in one quick series. As has been said, the music, acting and effects are amazing but there's just too much going on at once. There's some characters in there I would have liked to see more of and there's others who have reached an end too quickly.

Its not really 6 episodes. Episodes 3-6 have a running time of 80 mins. That's just 4 mins short of that standard 42 mins a normal 60 minute show is on for x 2. This season is effectively only 16 minutes short of the standard 10 episode season we have been used to throughout the run of the show.

3 minutes ago, Dalgety Bay TA said:

Its not really 6 episodes. Episodes 3-6 have a running time of 80 mins. That's just 4 mins short of that standard 42 mins a normal 60 minute show is on for x 2. This season is effectively only 16 minutes short of the standard 10 episode season we have been used to throughout the run of the show.

I'm aware of that so my point remains the same. There is so much going on, they could have made this into 2 seasons in my opinion, even with the extended time per episode 

Edited by vanderark14

6 hours ago, Bobby Russell's Lovechild said:

Might of been mentioned already, but get onto iPlayer and watch Bodies. Made in mid naughties, but absolutely brilliant. Jed Mercurio wrote this too. Max Beasley, Patrick Baladi (big boss in the office) and Keith Allen star in a quite graphic drama about surgeons on a gynaecology ward

I will have to look into that

Got about halfway into GoT but you can see how it is going... usual tropes... men bad women saintly...  I guess the Hollywood scriptwriters got into it and turned it into utter PC virtue signalling shit as is their way. Not sure i’ll last much longer.

The final season has no discernible plot. Folk are missing the points of the complaints cause the headlines aren't detailing them. Since before the series was on TV there have been theories about Mad Queen Dany. Someone online linked the one from reddit which was written 8 years ago. It's how we get there. In the book there is another Aegon who is Rhaegars son to Ellia of Dorne, D&D cut this storyline but kept the outcome the same, it fucks up. Too much writing to explain it though.

It looks and sounds good that's it. Now as a book reader you have to use your own head to make the visuals and the sounds, so the story drives the entertainment. There is no story here, it's a collection of events with no causal relationship to each other.

The show runners want out, so they can go wreck star wars next. Hence why instead of there being another 5 seasons left, they wanted to do it in 13 episodes.

This and other things caused a schism with the original author who stopped writing episodes. The writing has collapsed since then and since a mad rush to finish off the series ASAP.

They have longer episodes but then don't fill them with anything. No dialoge just folk walking about in pretty backdrops doing and saying nothing of any worth.

Jon Snow has 4 lines this season.

She's my queen.

The night king

I don't want it.

I love you.

Hopefully the butchering at the end will give Martin the impetus to finish.