Series Worth Watching - Page 27 - Anything Goes - Other topics not covered elsewhere - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Series Worth Watching

15 minutes ago, Chripper said:

Yeah, well, only about 0.0001% of people can tolerate me, so I'll have you beat on that angle. And it is definitely a compliment. People that are well-liked are usually conformists who don't have an opinion in their empty little heads. Bless them. Nah. I'm sure a couple of people haven't gotten fed up of you.

There is no such thing as "too far" in terms of telling tales. And telling tales of a Cat's talk tells all. I was referring to the prisoner who hanged himself as he couldn't adjust to outside life. And there was a cat in the Shawshank Redemption… it was invisible.

She did? So, she's a thief as well as a poor man's Elizabeth Bennet? 

No. There is a Dog on Mars. It's just difficult to see.

Is that code for "someone is trying to kill me" ? Yikes.

0.0001% ? That much ? On the Tidyer barometer 0.0001% = popular. I have lots of opinions, trouble is nobody likes them. But my daughters still like me, mainly cos I bail them out at the end of every month or they would hate me too.

I know you were, I just couldnt think of anything clever to say 🙂

She is, she lives in Venice now. I was in  Venice on holiday a few weeks ago and there was an identical dressing gown hanging on a washing line outside a window on a street. It had that same washed out depressed look that mine has.

Is it only other dogs that can see the dog on Mars ? Like in the same way as  only dogs can hear high pitch sounds? 

I think both our lives could be in danger after posters wade their way through all this shit . I am away to do more housework 😴

38 minutes ago, TDYER63 said:

0.0001% ? That much ? On the Tidyer barometer 0.0001% = popular. I have lots of opinions, trouble is nobody likes them. But my daughters still like me, mainly cos I bail them out at the end of every month or they would hate me too.

I know you were, I just couldnt think of anything clever to say 🙂

She is, she lives in Venice now. I was in  Venice on holiday a few weeks ago and there was an identical dressing gown hanging on a washing line outside a window on a street. It had that same washed out depressed look that mine has.

Is it only other dogs that can see the dog on Mars ? Like in the same way as  only dogs can hear high pitch sounds? 

I think both our lives could be in danger after posters wade their way through all this shit . I am away to do more housework 😴

Well, having an opinion and not being liked is a lot better than not having an opinion and being the belle of the ball.

Ah. Not something that I have a problem with, I always have clever things to say. :P

Really? It might belong to future you, the ones who travelled back in time to Visit 2019 Venice.

No. It's like a magic eye picture, humans can see it, but the trick is to focus and unfocus your eyes at the same time. It's difficult but not impossible.

Really? Nah. They're all afraid of me and my burgeoning intellect.

37 minutes ago, Chripper said:

Well, having an opinion and not being liked is a lot better than not having an opinion and being the belle of the ball.

Ah. Not something that I have a problem with, I always have clever things to say. :P

Really? It might belong to future you, the ones who travelled back in time to Visit 2019 Venice.

No. It's like a magic eye picture, humans can see it, but the trick is to focus and unfocus your eyes at the same time. It's difficult but not impossible.

😁 I have finally found someone who is weirder than me. Hallelujah. My work on this earth is done. 

On a serious subject, I have watched 6 out of 8 episodes of the Madeleine McCann documentary on Netflix. Before watching it I was pretty certain the parents were not involved and have found no reason so far to change my opinion. The last 2 episodes may produce something to change my mind , but I hope not. 

Does anyone feel different and if so why ? 

10 hours ago, Chripper said:

You must batter yer wanger intae a mirror mair than Phart does. 😄

2 minutes ago, Chripper said:

I literally had to read that six times... still have no idea what you're saying.

Thanks...?

I’m surrounded by cunts here that use ‘literally’ in every fucking sentence. Cheers. 😫

“I was like literally and he was like literally and she was like literally”..... 

Shut the feck up. 🤦‍♂️

Edited by The Ormond

1 minute ago, The Ormond said:

I’m surrounded by cunts herr that use ‘literally’ in every fucking sentence. Cheers. 🤦‍♂️

"Herr"? Are you German? I mean, I suppose that would explain the god awful English...

If not then I think we're on two different pages. I bid you adieu.

Just now, The Ormond said:

Do you ever stop being a cunt?

There we have it again.

You're saying it like a vagina is a bad thing and that there's negative connotations surrounding it.

Do you actually hate women? Serious question. If you avoid the question again then you DO hate women but you're ashamed to admit to it.

16 minutes ago, Chripper said:

There we have it again.

You're saying it like a vagina is a bad thing and that there's negative connotations surrounding it.

Do you actually hate women? Serious question. If you avoid the question again then you DO hate women but you're ashamed to admit to it.

Women? People are cunts pal. 

I'm not one of them?

And pray tell, why should I, or anyone, heed your advice? Your vocabulary is slim, it only appears that you only know one insult (even though it's not really an insult if you really think about it) and just a moment ago you generalized the whole human race by calling them "cunts".

You don't sound like a Professor or any source of wisdom, so you'll excuse me if I take your opinion with a pinch of salt.

I do, however, think that you have issues. You may or may not be a misogynist, personally I don't think you are, I just think you need to expand your vocabulary and learn shiny new words, as no one likes someone who is repetitive. Also, I'm as misanthropic as the most misanthropic person out there, but even I'm not as blind as to suggest that 100% of humanity are, in your word, "cunts".

Also, you may be drunk.

35 minutes ago, Chripper said:

I'm not one of them?

And pray tell, why should I, or anyone, heed your advice? Your vocabulary is slim, it only appears that you only know one insult (even though it's not really an insult if you really think about it) and just a moment ago you generalized the whole human race by calling them "cunts".

You don't sound like a Professor or any source of wisdom, so you'll excuse me if I take your opinion with a pinch of salt.

I do, however, think that you have issues. You may or may not be a misogynist, personally I don't think you are, I just think you need to expand your vocabulary and learn shiny new words, as no one likes someone who is repetitive. Also, I'm as misanthropic as the most misanthropic person out there, but even I'm not as blind as to suggest that 100% of humanity are, in your word, "cunts".

Also, you may be drunk.

Is there anyone on here you don’t think has issues? Do you just throw that at everyone who happens to think think you are a cunt? It seems to be the norm with you. 

Run along back to your wank station son and write us all a book. We’re all champing at the bit for a man of “literature” to pull this place from the doldrums.

I’m sober Mr. Methadone Teeth. 👍

Edited by The Ormond

48 minutes ago, TDYER63 said:

Anyone seen Cats ? 

About 15 years ago I bought my then girlfriend (now wife) 2 tickets for Cats as a present for birthday/Christmas or some such.  She's always been quite in to musicals and I thought it would be nice if she could go and see it with a friend or her Mum or someone (anyone).  She was so touched by the gesture that she insisted I go along with her.  I tried to stress how much musicals weren't my thing and that Cats in particular seemed like a bit of a stretch.  She was pretty insistent and I eventually agreed on the proviso she could assure me there wasn't any kind of audience participation which she did.

Arriving at the theater we had pretty good seats and I found myself on the centre aisle seat about half a dozen rows from the front (back before the remove the middle aisle at the Kings in Glasgow).  The lights go down, curtain comes up and I sense some commotion behind me.  All of a sudden there are "Cats" everywhere in the room bar the fucking stage.  Before I knew what was happening one of the Cats ran up the aisle towards me and perched itself on my lap, rubbing his head against my neck and arm in that weird way that real cats do when they want attention and basically wouldn't leave until I'd patted his head.

They all returned to the stage and started the show and I sat with a burning red face for about 3/4 of an hour afterwards.  I'd like to  say that was the worst thing that happened to me that evening but the embarrassment and uncomfortableness (not a word, I know) paled in to insignificance when compared to the torture of having to sit through 120 minutes of what must be the dullest, daftest, most nonsensical show ever committed to the stage!

8 hours ago, The Ormond said:

Is there anyone on here you don’t think has issues? Do you just throw that at everyone who happens to think think you are a cunt? It seems to be the norm with you. 

Run along back to your wank station son and write us all a book. We’re all champing at the bit for a man of “literature” to pull this place from the doldrums.

I’m sober Mr. Methadone Teeth. 👍

Yes, everyone does have issues, but not everyone is strong enough to get help for said issues. Again with that insult. You are allowed to cast other insults, you know. You aren't restricted to just the one. Too much of a good thing, and all that. I still insist that it isn't an insult, though. It's a ladies body part that gives birth to the human race. How's that an insult?

Oh. Trust me. I'm constantly doing research and picking up tidbits, even in my downtime. Don't worry, though, I wouldn't take anything from you as you just basically one the one word to insult people, other than that, you don't seem very bright at all. I was giving you the benefit of the doubt by suggesting that you may be three-sheets-to-the-wind, but to find out that you wrote all that sober. Yikes. 

In all seriousness, if you do want help just PM me and I'd be glad to aid you. 

:lol:l Nah. I have a lovely set of pearly whites. Drug use may be a stereotypical Scottish weakness, but I've never touched any class of drugs. Thanks for your concern, though. Scottish people don't usually use that as an insult another fellow Scots, though. It's more of an English insult.

You're talking like you've been here before or you know me? You only have 113 posts, so either you got banned and you made another account (why would you join a club that doesn't want you?) or you're a serial lurker. Either way, I have no idea who you are. Thanks for noticing me, though. 

One more thing, in my relatively short time here a lot of people have insults me, attacked me, etc, but it doesn't work. Insulting me if like shooting Superman with a pistol. If you really had paid attention like you say you have you'll have known that.

:)

5 hours ago, TDYER63 said:

Anyone seen Cats ? 

:lol:

4 hours ago, Fairbairn said:

About 15 years ago I bought my then girlfriend (now wife) 2 tickets for Cats as a present for birthday/Christmas or some such.  She's always been quite in to musicals and I thought it would be nice if she could go and see it with a friend or her Mum or someone (anyone).  She was so touched by the gesture that she insisted I go along with her.  I tried to stress how much musicals weren't my thing and that Cats in particular seemed like a bit of a stretch.  She was pretty insistent and I eventually agreed on the proviso she could assure me there wasn't any kind of audience participation which she did.

Arriving at the theater we had pretty good seats and I found myself on the centre aisle seat about half a dozen rows from the front (back before the remove the middle aisle at the Kings in Glasgow).  The lights go down, curtain comes up and I sense some commotion behind me.  All of a sudden there are "Cats" everywhere in the room bar the fucking stage.  Before I knew what was happening one of the Cats ran up the aisle towards me and perched itself on my lap, rubbing his head against my neck and arm in that weird way that real cats do when they want attention and basically wouldn't leave until I'd patted his head.

They all returned to the stage and started the show and I sat with a burning red face for about 3/4 of an hour afterwards.  I'd like to  say that was the worst thing that happened to me that evening but the embarrassment and uncomfortableness (not a word, I know) paled in to insignificance when compared to the torture of having to sit through 120 minutes of what must be the dullest, daftest, most nonsensical show ever committed to the stage!

That was nice of you!

But you're right about the standard of "Cats". If you're being introduced to musicals then I'd suggest you stay clear of that particular musical. Hell, even if you love musicals you should still stay clear!

8 hours ago, Fairbairn said:

😂 not quite the ‘pussy in a dark room ‘ you had been hoping for in the early flush of romance eh ? Perhaps it was an initiation process to see how tough you were. Well done for sticking it out. I left at 1/2 time, it was duller than watching Scotland.  Wasnt as dull as Showboat right enough, that was the worst musical  ever.