Series Worth Watching - Page 21 - Anything Goes - Other topics not covered elsewhere - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Series Worth Watching

21 minutes ago, Fairbairn said:

Aye that's the one!

Once you progress through the episodes it’ll be the assistant DA you want to rap in the kisser. That Cruella DeVille looking cow. It’s braw though because if you do a wee bit of Googling her now, you’ll see how she has had an enormous fall from grace. Two drunk driving charges and is said to be working in a laundrette now.

48 minutes ago, Ormond said:

Once you progress through the episodes it’ll be the assistant DA you want to rap in the kisser. That Cruella DeVille looking cow. It’s braw though because if you do a wee bit of Googling her now, you’ll see how she has had an enormous fall from grace. Two drunk driving charges and is said to be working in a laundrette now.

Good, A really horrid cow. 

• 3 weeks later...

Finished The Bridge which was excellent. 

Now watching Goliath on Amazon Prime. Not sure if this has been mentioned .

Have jumped right into series 2 as Mr Tdyer had watched the first series whilst i was out, but they are  different stories so not a problem. Will watch the first series when this is finished. Enjoying it so far. 

• 4 weeks later...

Not exactly a ‘series’ as in a drama series, but has anyone watched ‘Rip it Up’ about the Scottish music scene?

Lulu aside I enjoyed it, there was quite a bit of footage I hadnt seen before. I assume there will be another series as it didnt cover everything to date. 

They were covering a group called The Beatstalkers in the first episode. According to the programme they were arguably bigger than The Beatles in Scotland for a couple of years in the  60’s, causing chaos with female fans wherever they went . 

Posters of the group were shown during the programme and I thought I recognised them. Then I realised I had seen the posters in a wee shop I sometimes use to alter my clothes , its up a close in Union St .

I checked the group on google and the wee man who serves me in the shop was one of the Beatstalkers. Might need to throw him a pair of my knickers next time I  am in 🙂.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
On 6/25/2018 at 1:39 PM, Fairbairn said:

I'm now in episode 3 of The Staircase.  How annoying is the ex wife that lives in Germany?!  I don't know if he's guilty or not yet but surely if he was going to bounce anyone down the stairs it would have been her!!!

On 6/25/2018 at 2:04 PM, Ormond said:

The well spoken bampot with the huge specs? Aye, what a cunt she is. It’s like the boot thinks she’s in a constant Shakespearian play!

I recently finished this series. The woman you mention was definetely weird,  but she had plenty of competition . Maybe it was because the cameras were on them that made everyone act strange, that cannot have been easy. 

Nobody could top Kathleen’s sister in the crazy mental category right enough. She was getting crazier and crazier in every episode, and her lipstick was getting darker and darker.  If someone had thrown a bucket of water over her in the final episode she would  have melted like the wicked witch in the Wizard of Oz. 

The defence team were impressive. I hope I can afford David Rudolph if Mr Tdyer mysteriously falls down the stairs.

On 8/11/2018 at 10:54 AM, TDYER63 said:

Not exactly a ‘series’ as in a drama series, but has anyone watched ‘Rip it Up’ about the Scottish music scene?

Lulu aside I enjoyed it, there was quite a bit of footage I hadnt seen before. I assume there will be another series as it didnt cover everything to date. 

They were covering a group called The Beatstalkers in the first episode. According to the programme they were arguably bigger than The Beatles in Scotland for a couple of years in the  60’s, causing chaos with female fans wherever they went . 

Posters of the group were shown during the programme and I thought I recognised them. Then I realised I had seen the posters in a wee shop I sometimes use to alter my clothes , its up a close in Union St .

I checked the group on google and the wee man who serves me in the shop was one of the Beatstalkers. Might need to throw him a pair of my knickers next time I  am in 🙂.

Why, are they in need of alterations?

19 minutes ago, Orraloon said:

Why, are they in need of alterations?

🙂 you dont need to alter the disposable variety . 

Are you (beat)stalking me? I hadn’t been in that shop for over a year and was in there just an hour ago. He wasnt there, I had my best celebrity patter lined up as well 🙁

• 2 weeks later...

Half way through the second season of Ozark.  It really is brilliant TV.  Jason Bateman is fantastic  as usual (although he is playing Jason Bateman again) but the supporting cast are all excellent, especially Peter Mullan and is mental wife who both seem as if they could fly off the handle at any given point.  The guy playing the FBI agent is really good too and at this point I don't have a clue where the story is going.

3 hours ago, Fairbairn said:

Half way through the second season of Ozark.  It really is brilliant TV.  Jason Bateman is fantastic  as usual (although he is playing Jason Bateman again) but the supporting cast are all excellent, especially Peter Mullan and is mental wife who both seem as if they could fly off the handle at any given point.  The guy playing the FBI agent is really good too and at this point I don't have a clue where the story is going.

Agree with all of that. This series is better than the first IMO.

I especially like all the strong women in it, Ruth is fantastic and funny. 

1 hour ago, TDYER63 said:

Agree with all of that. This series is better than the first IMO.

I especially like all the strong women in it, Ruth is fantastic and funny. 

Excellent tv. I think the opposite of you with the first being better than the second but never the less, it’s a superb show. 

They have the background perfect too as the show is filmed in Georgia and not the Ozarks where I’ve been a couple of times. 

2 hours ago, Ormond said:

Excellent tv. I think the opposite of you with the first being better than the second but never the less, it’s a superb show. 

They have the background perfect too as the show is filmed in Georgia and not the Ozarks where I’ve been a couple of times. 

It took me a couple of episodes to get into the first series, I think that is why I prefer this one . But there is little in it, as you say they are both excellent. 

I have started watching ‘Power’ which was recommended by a few work colleagues. Not convinced by it yet but I have only watched 2 episodes. Its a bit too bling / drug dealing cum gangsta rap for me, but will stick with it a bit longer. 

10 minutes ago, TDYER63 said:

It took me a couple of episodes to get into the first series, I think that is why I prefer this one . But there is little in it, as you say they are both excellent. 

I have started watching ‘Power’ which was recommended by a few work colleagues. Not convinced by it yet but I have only watched 2 episodes. Its a bit too bling / drug dealing cum gangsta rap for me, but will stick with it a bit longer. 

Castle Rock if you have Hulu. 

1 minute ago, TDYER63 said:

Wtf is Hulu? I only have Netflix and Amazon prime. If I need another remote I will need to extend the hoose. 

I have a Roku. It’s another channel you can find on that. Similar to Netflix but not as good a selection of shows. But it has a show just now called Castle Rock. See up the thread...

1 hour ago, TDYER63 said:

I thought series 2 of Ozark was better as well. I gave up on Power, cliched nonsense with some dreadful acting. I suspect you won’t see the end of the series. 50 cent 😂 dearie me.

I binged El Chapo on Netflix which was good, a bit like Narcos. Also watched Sinner on Netflix which I surprisingly enjoyed as it did not look like my thing. 👍

2 hours ago, Ormond said:

I have a Roku. It’s another channel you can find on that. Similar to Netflix but not as good a selection of shows. But it has a show just now called Castle Rock. See up the thread...

Will take a look . I still havent started Game of Thrones 🙄

1 hour ago, Jim Beem said:

I thought series 2 of Ozark was better as well. I gave up on Power, cliched nonsense with some dreadful acting. I suspect you won’t see the end of the series. 50 cent 😂 dearie me.

I binged El Chapo on Netflix which was good, a bit like Narcos. Also watched Sinner on Netflix which I surprisingly enjoyed as it did not look like my thing. 👍

Mr Tdyer watches  El Chapo whilst I am at work. That is when he is no watching a Place in rhe Sun and Four in a Bed 🙄

1 hour ago, Jim Beem said:

Honourable mention on Amazon Prime to Goliath series 2 and also Looming  Towers, based around the run up to 9/11

I really enjoyed both of them, think I may have mentioned earlier in the thread. Infact , we could pair up for the next series of Gogglebox 🤔 

Series 2 of Goliath was much weirder than the first, but it was great.