Series Worth Watching - Page 18 - Anything Goes - Other topics not covered elsewhere - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Series Worth Watching

6 hours ago, Dave78 said:

Terrarium TV on your Kodi box. https://terrarium-tv.en.uptodown.com/android

If you don't have a kodi box, then i suppose you'll have to wait till it arrives on regular TV.

Thanks. I have a kodi box but no idea how to use it so will wait . Really enjoyed the first series,  though perhaps   ‘enjoyed ‘ is not the best word to use.

I've not followed this thread so it's maybe already been mentioned.

2 work colleagues of mine mentioned today that series 2 of The Bridge is starting on Friday.

I've never seen it but they both raved about it.

Thoughts of the TAMB ?

32 minutes ago, fringo said:

2 work colleagues of mine mentioned today that series 2 of The Bridge is starting on Friday.

Thoughts of the TAMB ?

I have heard its very good. Infact I tried to start series 1 on Saturday night but you had to buy it on Amazon Prime and didnt see the point when there are a million other things free. Mainly shite right enough . 

Thanks for the heads up on season 2 , i will record it and try and find season 1 somewhere. 

I quite enjoyed The Looming Tower on Amazon Prime. 

6 minutes ago, TDYER63 said:

I have heard its very good. Infact I tried to start series 1 on Saturday night but you had to buy it on Amazon Prime and didnt see the point when there are a million other things free. Mainly shite right enough . 

Thanks for the heads up on season 2 , i will record it and try and find season 1 somewhere. 

I quite enjoyed The Looming Tower on Amazon Prime. 

I accidentally signed up to Amazon Prime (for the 2nd time in 5 years the cheeky barstards) so I may check it out in my month's free trial.

2 minutes ago, fringo said:

I accidentally signed up to Amazon Prime (for the 2nd time in 5 years the cheeky barstards) so I may check it out in my month's free trial.

😂 fool me once ....

I actually think you may get it free on trial .

2 minutes ago, TDYER63 said:

😂 fool me once ....

I actually think you may get it free on trial .

It's a free trial for a month (like last time) but unless you do something to  contact them (which I missed last time  - sucker!) it then assumes you want it and they charge you a monthly/yearly rate.

It's a piss take IMO and a classic make sure you read the small print.

They've had pelters for it in the past and possibly a legal case but they seem to still be doing it.

1 hour ago, fringo said:

Thoughts of the TAMB ?

In other news Titanic sank :)

All three series are very good they were on BBC 4 Sat nights a few years ago following on from The Killling if I remember rightly - they were on iplayer recently  as i stumbled across them looking for something else , The Killing The Bridge, Spiral and the Danish Wallander all quality TV

55 minutes ago, fringo said:

It's a free trial for a month (like last time) but unless you do something to  contact them (which I missed last time  - sucker!) it then assumes you want it and they charge you a monthly/yearly rate.

They've had pelters for it in the past and possibly a legal case but they seem to still be doing it.

Thats how I got caught. I put it in my diary to cancel it after the trial period and still managed to forget.

I now spend my days searching for things I dont need on Amazon just to get free,  next day delivery . 

1 hour ago, fringo said:

When you go to cancel Prime, you can choose to lose the benefits and they refund you for the full month. I've done this 4/5 days into my monthly subscription, and they still refunded me the £7.99

43 minutes ago, Newryrep said:

In other news Titanic sank :)

All three series are very good they were on BBC 4 Sat nights a few years ago following on from The Killling if I remember rightly - they were on iplayer recently  as i stumbled across them looking for something else , The Killing The Bridge, Spiral and the Danish Wallander all quality TV

Yeah, yeah ok. I'm guessing this is on Netflix which I don't have and I'm probably about 10-15 years behind the times you sarcy git. ☺️

32 minutes ago, TDYER63 said:

Thats how I got caught. I put it in my diary to cancel it after the trial period and still managed to forget.

I now spend my days searching for things I dont need on Amazon just to get free,  next day delivery . 

The first time I din't notice for several months so I gave in and started to use some of the films. Got it in my calendar this time.

27 minutes ago, Dave78 said:

When you go to cancel Prime, you can choose to lose the benefits and they refund you for the full month. I've done this 4/5 days into my monthly subscription, and they still refunded me the £7.99

Cheers. I'll have a closer look and bear that in mind,

Started watching the complete Bridge on iPlayer a couple of weeks ago and now up to episode 2.4. It is superb!! Series four starts on BBC2 on Friday, so will have to avoid spoilers until I've caught up!

Also did a complete re-watch of Life on Mars a month or so ago and it has aged well - still my all time favourite TV series.

3 hours ago, min said:

Started watching the complete Bridge on iPlayer a couple of weeks ago and now up to episode 2.4. It is superb!! Series four starts on BBC2 on Friday, so will have to avoid spoilers until I've caught up!

Also did a complete re-watch of Life on Mars a month or so ago and it has aged well - still my all time favourite TV series.

I didnt realise it was series 4 starting on Friday,  i thought it was only rhe second series , any idea how long the first 3 series are on iplayer for ? 

1 minute ago, TDYER63 said:

I didnt realise it was series 4 starting on Friday,  i thought it was only rhe second series , any idea how long the first 3 series are on iplayer for ? 

On iPlayer until 21st of June. The first 3 series have 10 episodes each.

1 hour ago, TDYER63 said:

Watched the first 2 episodes of The Bridge  last night. Was unsure about it to begin with, I found the main detective hard work, but the story is interesting and will hopefully get used to her character, 

The Bridge is excellent.  Stick with it. 

Wait until you see Saga’s pulling technique. A lesson for all females 😀

1 hour ago, Jim Beem said:

The Bridge is excellent.  Stick with it. 

Wait until you see Saga’s pulling technique. A lesson for all females 😀

I am open to anything that might snare me Jamie from Outlander. Though I am pretty sure a young blonde Swede will have more success with the technique than a 54 yr old ginger from Paisley 🙁

3 minutes ago, TDYER63 said:

I am open to anything that might snare me Jamie from Outlander. Though I am pretty sure a young blonde Swede will have more success with the technique than a 54 yr old ginger from Paisley 🙁

54 😂