Series Worth Watching - Page 7 - Anything Goes - Other topics not covered elsewhere - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Series Worth Watching

So Bran has caught up with the books

so Bran is with Blood Raven (Brandyn Rivers)?

you'll have to have read egg and dunk to know about his history, let alone the books or the series.

Yes

Jojen is also dead, though killed by white walkers and wights on the way to Blood Raven rather than potentially turned into paste. Bran won't feature in Series 5 (thankfully as I find his story the most boring). Sansa is also with Littlefinger in The Vale and set-up to be with Harry the Heir (sp?) and I think that will overtake the books this series. Tyrion has just killed Tywin and made his escape. Arya is on her way to Braavos. John has just defended the Wall and Stannis has just shown up at the Wall. No sign of UnCat yet.

Has Howland Reed appeared in the series yet, he's the one guy left alive that knows most things i suspect.

Nope, no mention if he'll appear in this series or not. I suspect not considering the number of new characters that will be presented in Dorne, Braavos and Meereen.

I got the Sopranos folk my old man at Christmas & we've rattled through most of it. Last disc of series 6, then just series 7 to go.

Absolute top notch & as much as I can't wait to see how it pans out, I'll be sad when we're done.

I never knew Buscemi was in the Sopranos & I love Boardwalk, so it was funny to see him looking pretty insignificant next to Gandolfini!

I got the Sopranos folk my old man at Christmas & we've rattled through most of it. Last disc of series 6, then just series 7 to go.

Absolute top notch & as much as I can't wait to see how it pans out, I'll be sad when we're done.

I never knew Buscemi was in the Sopranos & I love Boardwalk, so it was funny to see him looking pretty insignificant next to Gandolfini!

They made a series 7? ;)

Brilliant show. Personally loved the ending but it did split fans.

The first series of Prison Break was great. Highly recommended if you haven't seen it.

Does anybody else watch Revenge? I know it's utter tripe, but it's so mesmerising :blink:

Err, my mrs watches Revenge and therefore by default I'm hooked too. Complete and utter rubbish but I always beds to know what happens next!

Bloodline just released last week on Netflix looks pretty good. (two episodes in and enjoying it)

Update: Its very very good so far.

Great cast and acting. The man that was in Animal Kingdom still has me on edge in every scene.

It's shot a bit like true detective but in the Florida Keys instead.

They made a series 7? ;)

Brilliant show. Personally loved the ending but it did split fans.

Sorry, meant 5 & 6! Wish there was more right enough!

Finished it last night. Best thing I've ever watched & it'll take something to top it.

I got into it from scratch & didn't know anything about how it panned out or how it ended - was the best way.

The ending was fine by me, but my dad always said he never liked it & still wasn't chuffed second time around. It's up to you what you think happened - David Chase kept you guessing throughout, so I thought it was spot on actually.

Whenever I hear Journey Don't Stop Believin, the Sopranos will be the first thing I'll think about now!

• 2 weeks later...

A quality comedy series to get into on Netflix is "Its always sunny in Philadelphia". Nothing like the usual Yank comedies you get on E4. Much more cutting edge and very, very funny. There are 9 seasons on Netflix available and they have just put out season 10 in the States, so plenty time to waste!

On Netflix now is Daredevil. Absolutely tremendous. Based on the Marvel comic of the same name and thankfully much better than the movie of the same name.

Great cast, story, acting, fight scenes, characters.

There's a fight scene in Episode 2 that is one of the best ever on TV.

On Netflix now is Daredevil. Absolutely tremendous. Based on the Marvel comic of the same name and thankfully much better than the movie of the same name.

Great cast, story, acting, fight scenes, characters.

There's a fight scene in Episode 2 that is one of the best ever on TV.

Must concur... :ok:

• 3 months later...