Sfa National Anthem Vote - TA specific - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Sfa National Anthem Vote

@neaver82

Just got an email from the SFA surveying what the fans would prefer as our national anthem. Personally i voted No for FOS. Its a song i dont particularly like and can remember feeling aggrieved that we changed from the far superior Scotland the Brave so i voted for that. Just wondered how the rest of you guys are voting?

• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just got an email from the SFA surveying what the fans would prefer as our national anthem. Personally i voted No for FOS. Its a song i dont particularly like and can remember feeling aggrieved that we changed from the far superior Scotland the Brave so i voted for that. Just wondered how the rest of you guys are voting?

FOS for me. However i cant get my vote registered as it keeps telling me i need to answer question 2. Question 2 however is only for those who voted no to FOS.

Hang on. Is FOS not our National Anthem?

There's no vote about. May as well have a vote to decide if I'm 6 foot 5 or 5 foot 9.

More to the point, should England and NI have their own anthems that arnt GSTQ?

J

Edited by Bristolhibby

If you've voted for anything other than AC/DC, please never darken the steps of Hampden ever again.

Ta

You coordinating, don't split the vote. What suggestions?

So obviously no one READ the email, this has come about as there is a Public Petition at Government level to OFFICIALLY recognise flower of Scotland as our national anthem... the SFA didnae know so asked us....

as for the argument that it's a folk song, well scottish heritage is recorded in folk songs - so what's the problem?

Scotland the brave, no one knows the words and it's cringe and shortbread tin shit - next we'll be wearing see you jummy hats and feathers in our caps....oh, we're already a parody of ourselves - crack on