I'm Going To Buy The Daily Record Tomorrow - Page 2 - Anything Goes - Other topics not covered elsewhere - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

I'm Going To Buy The Daily Record Tomorrow

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

The Record is a 'No' supporter and most folk know this. Fridays 'YES' edition is a token gesture, no more no less, this will allow them, they think, to state in future that they are a balanced newspaper and they didn't take sides...wish I had a crystal ball to see their front page on 18 September ( oh and the 19th).

A weekly column by Joan McAlpine and the odd comment here and there does not a balanced newspaper make !

The Record is a 'No' supporter and most folk know this. Fridays 'YES' edition is a token gesture, no more no less, this will allow them, they think, to state in future that they are a balanced newspaper and they didn't take sides...wish I had a crystal ball to see their front page on 18 September ( oh and the 19th).

A weekly column by Joan McAlpine and the odd comment here and there does not a balanced newspaper make !

Their front page on the 18th will likely blow the Sun's front page from the 2007 election out of the water.

Spot on. Actually find it galling that Salmond has climbed in bed with them, even for this one issue, when he knows what they have been like beforehand. They and their journos are scvm, end off.

BwuOvuWIMAE3h74.jpg

The funny thing with this picture is on the news you saw who was infront of him.It was not a crowd of Labour or No voters it was just photographers.As for the Daily Retart I would nae buy it even if wee Nichola was on page 3 naked. Just don't put money in their pockets.

Read the record today on my lunch break. It was like Alice through the looking glass. Was I really reading the Daily Record, with content endorsing independence?! (don't worry, later on in the paper there's a bit where Jim Murphy claims Yes supporters are going around in organised mobs disrupting democracy - fud).

If the Record had had content like this over the last two years, a yes landslide would have been a foregone conclusion. We can still win despite them, but what a contrast with how easy it was in 1997 when the indigenous media was all for yes.

Read the record today on my lunch break. It was like Alice through the looking glass. Was I really reading the Daily Record, with content endorsing independence?! (don't worry, later on in the paper there's a bit where Jim Murphy claims Yes supporters are going around in organised mobs disrupting democracy - fud).

If the Record had had content like this over the last two years, a yes landslide would have been a foregone conclusion. We can still win despite them, but what a contrast with how easy it was in 1997 when the indigenous media was all for yes.

Because devloution was Labour policy it was the greatest thing since sliced bread back in '97. If Labour supported independence it would be the same story now.

All I'll say is thank goodness for social media, because without it Yes would have no chance.

All I'll say is thank goodness for social media, because without it Yes would have no chance.

Absolutely. We wouldnt even be close IMO and the entrenchment in support of No is far greater than even I thought it would be. It is incredible how difficult it is to get people to engage in politics when you consider how much of their own money, via taxation, they invest in government and society.

It also goes to show the power the establishment has over the system and people in general. We have to break it.

Absolutely. We wouldnt even be close IMO and the entrenchment in support of No is far greater than even I thought it would be. It is incredible how difficult it is to get people to engage in politics when you consider how much of their own money, via taxation, they invest in government and society.

Yeah. If Yes wins, it will have been in the face of an incredible establishment propaganda barrage. But now, for the first time, the internet has allowed us to bypass the traditional media.

If No wins, I would expect the UK government to be looking at ways of legislating for greater control of the internet...