Is It Illegal To Deface, Mark Or Modify A Driving License ? - Anything Goes - Other topics not covered elsewhere - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Is It Illegal To Deface, Mark Or Modify A Driving License ?

I know it may be considered petty by some Unionists but my license is up for renewal and if I get one of those hideous new ones I intend to cover the UJ with a saltire and laminate over it.

I have been unable to find anything information that would prevent me from doing this....

Don't think the UF ones come out till June. I just got my new photo licence through the post the other day and it still has the EU flag on it - not sure what Mr Farage does with that...

I could be talking bollox though, think the paper part gets done away with in June / July.

Edited by Charlie Endell

It's probably not illegal, although if pulle dover the polis will probably have a giggle at your expense, and if you ever need to send your licence back I imagine the wee Welsh lass checking your paperwork will think you're a bit of a fanny... But she'd probably have though that from your picture anyway. Fill your boots :ok:

It's probably not illegal, although if pulle dover the polis will probably have a giggle at your expense, and if you ever need to send your licence back I imagine the wee Welsh lass checking your paperwork will think you're a bit of a fanny... But she'd probably have though that from your picture anyway. Fill your boots :ok:

:-))

Don't think the UF ones come out till June. I just got my new photo licence through the post the other day and it still has the EU flag on it - not sure what Mr Farage does with that...

I could be talking bollox though, think the paper part gets done away with in June / July.

Yep, wife just got hers and it's an EU flag. Need to renew mine so will be doing that in the next few days.

is it possible to request a paper one ?

I think they're doing away with the paper ones altogether, and the paper counterpart that goes with the photocard ones.

Not sure if there's a requirement to get a photocard one if you still have paper though?

I think they're doing away with the paper ones altogether, and the paper counterpart that goes with the photocard ones.

Not sure if there's a requirement to get a photocard one if you still have paper though?

I've had a paper one for 24 years and never been told to change it. I'll certainly have no intention of doing so with this UJ shite.

From DVLA...

Seems the paper counterpart to the photocard is obsolete, but you can still use a paper licence as long as your details remain unchanged.

Photocard driving licence holders:

When DVLA stops issuing the counterpart, you should destroy yours but you still need to keep your current photocard driving licence.

Youll still be able to use the counterpart driving licence to change your address with DVLA. You can also change your address online.

Paper driving licence holders (those issued before 1998)

These will remain valid, and should not be destroyed. From 8 June 2015 endorsements/penalty points will no longer be recorded on these driving licences. This information will be held on DVLAs driver record, and can be checked online, by phone or post.

The next time you need to update your name, address or renew your licence, you will be issued with a photocard only.

Entitlements/penalty points and the status of your driving licence wont change.